Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443434 times)

is there not an actual issue tracker for unreal? that's kinda bad
There is but only epic staff can add to it.

Update: epic have answered and, in absence of being able to fix the issue any time soon, have taught me some new workarounds. The mirrored floor works now (no images, on phone) and hopefully there won't be any more issues there.

There is but only epic staff can add to it.
that's........ better
I guess

Who's actually making games and who is just posting random stuff?

I made the thing I posted, if that's what you mean.  I'm also making a serious game that's not the thing I just posted.

I'm making a serious game.

Familiarizing myself with UE4's editor, going gud so far

By the way UE4 won't be the only game engine I'll be trying out

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:23:04 AM by Insert Name Here² »

UE4 is just nonsense to me so good for you to try and figure it out.

Anyway what's the most popular 2D engine out there? I've been using Phaser for a few years but its lack of graphical capability is giving me problems. I'd appreciate any 2D engine that doesn't require me to learn some proprietary coding language or that kind of codeless gamemaker system.

On the contrary, I think it actually makes the most sense, and it's just jam-packed with a lot of functionality and templates as standard.

Anyway what's the most popular 2D engine out there? I've been using Phaser for a few years but its lack of graphical capability is giving me problems. I'd appreciate any 2D engine that doesn't require me to learn some proprietary coding language or that kind of codeless gamemaker system.

I've always appreciated Unity for 2D development. Simple, clean, uses C# and works.

The birds and the bees are flying through the trees.

The birds and the bees are flying through the trees.
<enemies that move dynamically that cant be killed by jumping on them requires that you kill them with an item that falls in an arc

<enemies that move dynamically that cant be killed by jumping on them requires that you kill them with an item that falls in an arc

I mean, you can also kill them with fireballs if you find a hot pepper.  Or invincibility if you find a second hot pepper.  Or run into them with a trossie.  Or catch one in an explosion.  Mostly though you're not really expected to kill them, it's just a nice bonus if you can.