Author Topic: I miss v20  (Read 7353 times)

are you implying 1% of blockland likes v21?
No not at all. remember that protest in toronto? some stuff about "we are the 1%" I was just using that as an brown townogy, the 1% being the people who want v20 back. Of course it is over 1% but you catch my drift. or atleast you should..

Also, I've never seen you before RUSH, but your BLID is way old

I need to get off of off-topic more often...
You would say my ID is old? Jesus I wouldnt

But that actually had to do with the map makers.
Actually no. Terrains have a (very low, mind you) texture resolution limit. It was literally impossible to have a steep cliff without a massively stretched texture.

This is pathetic. What a piss poor effort to keep the 1% happy. You can't tell me that you couldnt easily fix that problem. Even by making a v20 and a v21 server list.
If you're willing to make a new master server list and break into the game code to modify it and then get yourself banned for violating the EULA, then go right ahead.

Also this exists you know:

You would say my ID is old? Jesus I wouldnt

We are in the 60ks mind you

Actually no. Terrains have a (very low, mind you) texture resolution limit. It was literally impossible to have a steep cliff without a massively stretched texture.
This

Well in the terrain sense you are 100% right, but when it came to maps it all boiled down on the resolution and the way the designer textured it. Its been so long though that there is no way I can explain in detail.

If you're willing to make a new master server list and break into the game code to modify it and then get yourself banned for violating the EULA, then go right ahead.
Of course I wouldn't do this, for one I don't have the know how, and two shouldn't that be the game creators job? now of course its not an obligation. But if there was a vote, and people did vote in favor, wouldn't that be only fair?

Of course I wouldn't do this, for one I don't have the know how, and two shouldn't that be the game creators job? now of course its not an obligation. But if there was a vote, and people did vote in favor, wouldn't that be only fair?

it doesnt need to be fair lol

Well in the terrain sense you are 100% right, but when it came to maps it all boiled down on the resolution and the way the designer textured it.
Again, low res limit. It was impossible, let me emphasize, impossible, to have terrain that looked nice everywhere.

And if it went to a vote and the majority wanted a v20 master server list, then yeah, by all means it would be 100% fair. He's not obligated to in any way though, and it really is rather pointless. But the plain facts are basically nobody cares about keeping v20.

Vote for rape legalization

Vote results: 4-2

Rape is legal right?

Wrong

In short, "life ain't fair, kid"

Are you loving serious?

Yup

Again, low res limit. It was impossible, let me emphasize, impossible, to have terrain that looked nice everywhere.
I meant to say interiors not maps. Sorry, I understand that terrain was doomed to stuffty textures.

And if it went to a vote and the majority wanted a v20 master server list, then yeah, by all means it would be 100% fair. He's not obligated to in any way though, and it really is rather pointless. But the plain facts are basically nobody cares about keeping v20.
And yeah I understand that, but I am so pissed off at the blatant disregard for other peoples votes..

Vote for rape legalization

Vote results: 4-2

Rape is legal right?

Wrong

In short, "life ain't fair, kid"

Well that pretty obvious, but nobody is going to host a vote like that, but this is a fair vote.

Well that pretty obvious, but nobody is going to host a vote like that, but this is a fair vote.

It's just an example; Badspot isn't legally required to make a server thing for v20 users, heck, for all he cares, he could shut down the whole blockland community with a push of a button.

Once again; in short "Life isn't fair child"

It's just an example; Badspot isn't legally required to make a server thing for v20 users, heck, for all he cares, he could shut down the whole blockland community with a push of a button.

Once again; in short "Life isn't fair child"
To be honest, i think it would be so easy to just give us what we wanted and throw in another server list and give us a forum section.. Then what can anybody say?

everyone who felt the same way stopped whining about it over a year ago

I joined blockland during v21