Author Topic: I miss v20  (Read 7214 times)

I really do, I miss modeling maps, and the joy of releasing a map. I miss the bedroom, and everything about v20. I can't even use the shadows and shaders on my main computer, and when I get to see them on another computer they are loving useless anyways.. Who gives a stuff about the sun shining through a window. Anyways before I get to worked up, does anybody else feel the same way? /discuss

everyone who felt the same way stopped whining about it over a year ago

I'm sorry but nobody's stopping you from just downloading v20 and not playing v21

What's to complain about here

I liked the maps but you don't need to whine, get over it, holy stuff man.

im pretty sure everyone who made maps in v20 dont really care anymore

people hated it when it came out, people got used to it.

hah I don't
sure some maps were cool but everything changes eventually

everyone who felt the same way stopped whining about it over a year ago
Well, At first I wasn't all that bothered by it, but now I am realizing that the shaders didnt really do anything for blockland.. It didn't improve the builds at all. Just made some stuffty build have some shadows.. Maps actually made blockland better..

I've gotten pretty inactive since the update

im pretty sure everyone who made maps in v20 dont really care anymore

people hated it when it came out, people got used to it.
I sure do, I released my challenge a month before maps were taken out of effect. What a sad day, it was popular too!

Well, At first I wasn't all that bothered by it, but now I am realizing that the shaders didnt really do anything for blockland.. It didn't improve the builds at all. Just made some stuffty build have some shadows.. Maps actually made blockland better..
I'm no expert in the Torque engine here, but maps were very clunky. Both that added in with building brick system and I guess the need for faster updates was what pushed out maps

I've gotten pretty inactive since the update
I feel the same way, the only thing that keeps me going is the odd good server. Other than that I can get pretty bored. Not many people put in the effort to make a good build. And when the maps were in effect people didnt need to, it added scenery and atmosphere.

Quite frankly, this is the internet, and no one wants to hear your complaining RUSH

I'm no expert in the Torque engine here, but maps were very clunky. Both that added in with building brick system and I guess the need for faster updates was what pushed out maps
Yeah they were, but good modelers knew how to get around that tbh..

Yeah they were, but good modelers knew how to get around that tbh..
No they didn't.

If they did, we wouldn't have this problem now would we?