[Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)

Poll

New wepons

>;^3
80 (43.5%)
No
10 (5.4%)
TY BB
94 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: [Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)  (Read 145551 times)

I'll post it to the main topic as an alternative, though personally it's not my type. It is still dodge-able but only barely; you don't really have to aim, like if you do a side swing you can hit someone from the back of the sword without even looking at them.
At least they're fun and satisfactory to use.
A single, randomised spread projectile is not going to cut it. The weapons should be more reliable than a basic gun since they are supposed to have pretty swell range and radius.

Adding fancy explosions when sword projectiles collide together. [Might not even be possible]
It's very possible, actually. Just a simple check whether or not is the opponent swinging the sword at the time can cause the effect to happen and damage to be blocked (depends on the weapon)

So, what exactly does this edit change?
I don't follow..

At least they're fun and satisfactory to use.
A single, randomised spread projectile is not going to cut it. The weapons should be more reliable than a basic gun since they are supposed to have pretty swell range and radius.
It's not randomized though.

It's very possible, actually. Just a simple check whether or not is the opponent swinging the sword at the time can cause the effect to happen and damage to be blocked (depends on the weapon)
Would you be willing to add that as well.
I think with dead's animations, and you scripting, this addon could turn out very well.

So, what exactly does this edit change?
I don't follow..
It vastly improves the hit detection to use radius and angle checks.

It's not randomized though.
Yes it is?
Spreading means that the projectiles will be slightly randomised in the direction they're going, meaning it's possible you will miss even though you aimed directly at your opponent.

the new radius function allows me to hit people through walls.

edit: and if im standing on a platform above someone, it still counts as hitting them even if i'm not looking down towards them. my sword swings over their head, but they still get hit.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:53:00 AM by heedicalking »

Yes it is?
Spreading means that the projectiles will be slightly randomised in the direction they're going, meaning it's possible you will miss even though you aimed directly at your opponent.
It uses the projectile randomization only for what would be millimeters of difference in real life, just for visuals sake. The 'randomization' doesn't effect aiming whatsoever.

The reason why I use one projectile instead of these large arcs, it's supposed to represent the most effective time of the strike: which would deal a damaging blow. You will do very little damage at the start of a strike.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:33:53 PM by Deadzone »

the new radius function allows me to hit people through walls.

edit: and if im standing on a platform above someone, it still counts as hitting them even if i'm not looking down towards them. my sword swings over their head, but they still get hit.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=242211.0

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=242211.0
i don't think that will work here. that works on explosions and such. this uses a different damage function and detection method that doesn't apply to that mod. thought a function similar to what that mod does (check a raycast from source->target) would fix this issue.

as for the height difference, idk.

i don't think that will work here. that works on explosions and such. this uses a different damage function and detection method that doesn't apply to that mod. thought a function similar to what that mod does (check a raycast from source->target) would fix this issue.

as for the height difference, idk.
If I remember correctly there's a function for checking explosion coverage on a player or something.
I may use that to either scale the damage or judge the hit.

If I remember correctly there's a function for checking explosion coverage on a player or something.
I may use that to either scale the damage or judge the hit.
couldn't you just do a raycast check from the player to the hit target to see if there are any obstructions?

Quick question, are gloves and bare hands together compatible? I was going to get all 2 styles and crystal warrior for a video I was going to make...  :cookie: You can only get this cookie if you answer!

Quick question, are gloves and bare hands together compatible? I was going to get all 2 styles and crystal warrior for a video I was going to make...  :cookie: You can only get this cookie if you answer!
Yes. They always have been. They used to be in one pack together, but then they were released as two packs so you can get the color you want.