[Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)

Poll

New wepons

>;^3
80 (43.5%)
No
10 (5.4%)
TY BB
94 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: [Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)  (Read 145553 times)

Except that if the ranged weapons did adequate damage, why would anybody ever pick melee weapons when they can kill from a distance? In game theory, it's called "dominant strategy".
I'm still against ranged weapons being mixed with a melee pack.
Then make them have a limit. Crossbow would have a reload time after each shot, Tomahawk would be one or two throws, etc.

Then make them have a limit. Crossbow would have a reload time after each shot, Tomahawk would be one or two throws, etc.

Yeah, that would be optimal.
Just as long as they don't undermine the main melee aspect.

I don't play stuffty games.
And why can't you leave my opinion alone?
wow lol

wow lol

Nobody wants to hear your opinion on my opinion.
Not even this nobody. Bother somebody else.

Nobody wants to hear your opinion on my opinion.
Not even this nobody. Bother somebody else.
I was wowing at how you didn't even try actually saying anything because I'd made a good point.
Quit having such a stuffty attitude, lol.

I have never even heard of "s4".
Your point didn't point much out for me.
I assume TF2 is a good comparison? And even then, those games aren't melee based having ranged and melee weapons mixed on purpose in a balanced way.
This is a pack of melee weapons. It would be very difficult to balance ranged weapons in a melee pack without making the melee side pointless.

Why can't you see what I'm trying to say? Are you reading what I'm posting or does everything I say make no sense to you or something?
If you want to argue for the sake of arguing, PM me about it.

I doubt that's going to happen considering the huge ego taboo has to throw around.
No seriously though, its like he WANTS us to know his a prick.

Your point didn't point much out for me.
I assume TF2 is a good comparison? And even then, those games aren't melee based having ranged and melee weapons mixed on purpose in a balanced way.
If you have no clue what you are talking about (and you don't), don't talk. It is not a complicated concept.

I'd like to see a halberd in this pack.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:23:33 AM by SWAT One »

Looked like something from MH lol But I only ever had MHT3 so I'm not familiar with bows.

just sayin', make a switch axe, I'd suck your richard(s) Deadzone
-snip-

It is worth mentioning if you ever in 1 trillion years considered scripting that:
that one's made of bone/iron
that's a big animation that includes the entire player body so probably a no
it's basically a 4-hand sword lol
saw a great idea that didn't get much attention. plus, i see what he's talking about.
a sword that splits horizontally in half and flips back into the shape of an axe.
also assuming that it would be scaled down. this design definitely sounds overpowered, but too awesome.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 04:58:37 AM by the_stitch »

If you have no clue what you are talking about (and you don't), don't talk. It is not a complicated concept.
He knows what he's saying. The other day I was on a server where my dueling weapons were being used, as well as the 'recurve bow'. Everyone who had picked the 'recurve bow' would use it over the melee weapons at all times, due to how strong it is; only differing to the melee weapon for a sense of honor (which was rare).

That being cleared up, how would you balance the ranged elements of the pack? Reload time, lower damage?
It's apparent that everybody wants to see more ranged weapons in this.

Limited charges, for example.
Does a bow generate arrows?
I'd add ammo/quiver.
As for the knifes, 5 knifes? Limited.
Throwing axe, usually a mid sized weapon. One per throw, then back to the melee.

He knows what he's saying.
I don't play stuffty games.
followed by
I assume TF2 is a good comparison?
he has no idea what he is talking about.

he has no idea what he is talking about.

I have no idea what "s4" is. But that doesn't matter at all.
As for everything else I'm saying, which is what matters...
Well. Different story.

Besides, your 7. I don't expect you to understand what I'm talking about.
All you do is bring up petty points to argue about. Please save yourself the effort and remove yourself from the conversation.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:25:50 PM by Mr.Noßody »