[Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)

Poll

New wepons

>;^3
80 (43.5%)
No
10 (5.4%)
TY BB
94 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: [Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)  (Read 145562 times)

I have no idea what "s4" is.
As for everything else I'm saying, which is what matters...
Well. Different story.
you literally just said nothing but what i already pointed out

Besides, your 7. I don't expect you to understand what I'm talking about.
was that some kinda tsun ass way of saying "i can't think of a legitimate point to make" or something

No, that was a "tsun ass" way of saying:
Not knowing what game you referenced means nothing to the point I've made.

Now tell me, what point did I make? Cause, I don't think you understand what I've been saying at all.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:35:11 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Can't we just all stop fighting and be friends?!

I don't think that's in the cards.
This guy is as smart as gumbajonny.

No, that was a "tsun ass" way of saying:
Not knowing what game you referenced means nothing to the point I've made.
it does, because you are wrong

it does, because you are wrong

I'm wrong? About what? It being difficult to balance melee weapons with ranged weapons? And that ranged weapons, when they do more or about the same damage as the melee weapons undermines use of the melee weapons?

The principal I've stated is simple:
Good ranged weapons, or weapons that can be used from a distance, will always push melee weapons to a second seat. This being a melee pack, thats something we don't want happening. Why get close to fight when you have the ability to kill from where you are?
With personal experiences from me and the OP backing this, how the hell am I misinformed here?

The conversation is not about whatever game your talking about and it never had been. Stop arguing a pointless stance.

Yeah, ranged weapons can usually be the first OP in med eval warfare when its up to support, how ever, back then, archers had to carry a few limited amount of arrows, so they ran out of ammunition quickly, which is why they tend to stick in such large groups.

If this pack made anymore ranged weaponry, I highly suggest making an ammo limit for them.

maybe the sword fire projectile could be bigger scince its not very accurate with hits as sometimes it wont damage

I was thinking that long reload times, or lower damage would be the best way to go.
I'd rather accuracy not play a factor, I like being able to pinpoint my shots.

Also, projectile size doesn't make it's hit range larger. It still only hits in a specific point.
I wish projectile size and shape played a factor in hit detection.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:37:10 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Same. You could make an arc shaped projectile, and anything caught in the arc takes damage. But alas that will never be.

Same. You could make an arc shaped projectile, and anything caught in the arc takes damage. But alas that will never be.

I wonder what the details behind that idea would be.
It would be fantastic if it were supported, giving projectiles collision boxes.

Could also make the ranged weapon ridiculously inaccurate to its hard to predict where the target is going. That's how I see it, just like Tf2. All snipes can't use the huntsman for stuff and if they can...
I call hacks.

I'd rather accuracy not play a factor in limiting ranged weapons.
I hate it when I line a shot up in the heat if battle just so the coding can do me in.

Pisses me off to an untold level when ranged weapons are unneededly inaccurate.

I'd rather accuracy not play a factor in limiting ranged weapons.
I hate it when I line a shot up in the heat if battle just so the coding can do me in.

Pisses me off to an untold level when ranged weapons are unneededly inaccurate.
*Cough*Sgtwalter*CoughWheeze*

That made me laugh, but yes I do see your point. Although it would seem decently balanced if all the players received the same effect. A big game of chance, and the jack of all trades I would say.