Poll

name/logo

yes
117 (63.9%)
no (vote for this)
66 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: BAM Development (see page 25)  (Read 43255 times)

Thoughts on letting the person who submitted the add-on comment there?
people who cannot take constructive criticism to improve their add-on and blatantly attack other users because of this should not be allowed to comment.
edit: they should be allowed to comment by default
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:09:45 PM by alex dude »

Yes, they should be able to comment there.

Yep, the pages containing reviewer discussion for submissions will be publicly available (probably unlisted though; submitter will get the link automatically). We should probably hide the code tab to people other than reviewers and the submitter until it's approved though, since people who have no clue what they're doing might end up trying to stitch it together and potentially breaking their installation with a malicious add-on.
IMO, show the code, but not a zip download. Should hopefully be enough to deterr people from just mindlessly downloading it.

Thoughts on letting the person who submitted the add-on comment there?
Absolutely.

What about private addons. We can't just publicly post their code, OR leave it unlisted. It needs to be private.

What about private addons. We can't just publicly post their code, OR leave it unlisted. It needs to be private.
IMO, private add-ons don't really have a place on something like this anyway. At least not 1.0.

This will have the information button for servers that also have the BAM right? So you can see which players and add-ons the server has (if the server also has BAM)?
?

Also are you going to have ID lookup? I miss that from RTB.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:36:57 PM by Scriode »

IMO, private add-ons don't really have a place on something like this anyway. At least not 1.0.
IMO they do, maybe not necessarily on 1.0 but I don't see why we shouldn't.

IMO they do, maybe not necessarily on 1.0 but I don't see why we shouldn't.

Or you could just put it on DropBox and send it to the people you want to view it?

Or you could just put it on DropBox and send it to the people you want to view it?

We're making an entire loving service in three different languages, meant to rival or outperform RTB, and you think we're gonna use DROPBOX for ANYTHING?

Wtf

how do i open the gui

Also are you going to have ID lookup? I miss that from RTB.
We're most certainly going to be having that. Along with last seen server location, unless the client sets a "do not track server" option.

The point of an addon hosting service is convenience. Is lugging around a dropbox link to all the computers you play blockland on convenient? No.

Make the code tab public, visible online only.
People who are reviewers can download a zip file.
People who aren't reviewers get a warning when viewing the code about how it isn't reviewed yet and may be malicious. "Compile and run at your own risk."

We're making an entire loving service in three different languages, meant to rival or outperform RTB, and you think we're gonna use DROPBOX for ANYTHING?

Wtf
no you dimbwit he was referring to distributing private mods.

i agree, private add-ons should not be supported. if they want their add-on to be private so much, let them deal with the downloadability themselves (uploading it to dropbox).

no you dimbwit he was referring to distributing private mods.
oh. I think you can see how I made that error.

Sorry tetronaut