Author Topic: New Add-Ons Section?  (Read 4862 times)

Now that RTB is gone, I think we can all agree the Add-ons section needs an update.  The reason everyone used RTB is because our current add-on system is kind of a huge mess. 

Do you guys think Badspot should add Subforums to the Add-ons section for Weapons, Vehicles, Decals (I know we already have that section, but perhaps move it for better access), and all that jazz?  Clearly it'd be way too big of a task for badspot to sort the current add on section, but I'm not saying do that.  Just add the subforums and leave the add-ons section as is for misc / old mods, and users can upload things to the new sections as they please.

I've also heard many people suggest using the Steam Workshop.  I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Badspot wasn't originally interested in that, but maybe now that RTB is gone it would be a good option?  I'm not so sure how the workshop works and if that'd be practical or not so yea

What do you guys think?

I think the current Add-Ons section should be archived or something and new ones should be made. Just my opinion though, no need to flame.

I've also heard many people suggest using the Steam Workshop.  I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Badspot wasn't originally interested in that, but maybe now that RTB is gone it would be a good option?  I'm not so sure how the workshop works and if that'd be practical or not so yea

I don't really see how that would work either. I also don't really like it because I don't really want to log in to steam download my add-ons.

I don't really see how that would work either. I also don't really like it because I don't really want to log in to steam download my add-ons.
Yeah exactly, me neither.  And not everyone has steam so that'd split the community.

But if it were implemented as more of an option like RTB was, where you could DL in game and stuff I think that'd be pretty handy.

what

A more intelligent way of putting what he said would be:

There is a new mod being developed called BAM, it aims to replace RTB in all aspects including the mod manager, and add-on hosting.

There is a new mod being developed called BAM, it aims to replace RTB in all aspects including the mod manager, and add-on hosting.
Oh I thought he meant like
BA-BAM!
I win the thread!

Oh I thought he meant like
BA-BAM!
I win the thread!
So did I, lol

Is there a thread about this? Who's making it?

Is there a thread about this? Who's making it?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251611.0
Port's making it, and he's the only one who's making good progress on an RTB replacement but we'll see.

I really like OP's idea about different sections of add-ons. Really helps with organizing things or when you have to find that certain add-on but don't wanna dig through 700+ pages to find it.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251611.0
Port's making it, and he's the only one who's making good progress on an RTB replacement but we'll see.

I'd rather have a default solution than have Port manage the whole system.

I'd rather have a default solution than have Port manage the whole system.
It's open-source and I'm sure if people want a part of coding it they can, assuming they're good enough.

I have to agree I'd prefer a Default solution.  I don't want to replace a third party solution with another third party solution.

We should have another way of posting addons, like completing some sort of formulary with:

Name
Autor(s)
Type of object
Description
Link