Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 165951 times)

I don't have any framerate issues unless something big is happening, and even then it's not bad

also, to whoever was wondering about water the other day
there is water, but it's frozen

if there is liquid water I have yet to find any

edit: I have a 16-minute long video of this whole deal
I'm gonna shorten it and see if I can manage to upload it to youtube
some of it is worth seeing. like my amazing jury-rigged atmospheric flight capable ship which I originally copied and pasted from something from the workshop
which still crashed. I am a complete and utter failure
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:20:28 PM by Foxscotch »

i will have to worry about my pentium handling the physics

I had no doubt in my mind. But I am still terribly disappointed with how poorly planets run. 25FPS tops, 10 at its worst. I don't know how they plan porting this over to Xbone.

I get fps in the 20s, it's definitely bearable. Keep in mind that optimization is yet to come

holy crap how big are those planets compared to a ship

I get fps in the 20s, it's definitely bearable. Keep in mind that optimization is yet to come
To voice the underprivileged for a sec, it's definitely bullstuff that keen doubled the system requirements overnight. It would've helped if they had mentioned somewhere BEFORE RELEASE DAY that only DX11 could handle planets.

holy crap how big are those planets compared to a ship
Let me just throw around some arbitrary but decently accurate numbers. To put it into perspective, a decent medium sized large ship might be 200m long or so.

The distance you need to be from a planet to not be affected by gravity is about 40,000m
The average distance between planets is roughly 2 million meters
I'm not sure, but I'm almost certain that the diameter of most planets is about 50,000m or something close to that.

Given, technically a ship can be as large as you want it to be but lets keep it reasonable.

Let me just throw around some arbitrary but decently accurate numbers. To put it into perspective, a decent medium sized large ship might be 200m long or so.

The distance you need to be from a planet to not be affected by gravity is about 40,000m
The average distance between planets is roughly 2 million meters
I'm not sure, but I'm almost certain that the diameter of most planets is about 50,000m or something close to that.

Given, technically a ship can be as large as you want it to be but lets keep it reasonable.
forget what he said
Planets are loving huge

forget what he said
Planets are loving huge
Thats what I said though.

it's a lot smaller than reality, but still really big

but if you want really really big, go play rodina
it's amazing. and huge. there are like four planets, and TONS of asteroids
there's not a whole lot to do, as far as I remember, but it's still fun to explore for a while

rodina is very big, but the dev hasn't updated in a long while
also lowering the resolution seems to run dx11 better?

rodina is very big, but the dev hasn't updated in a long while
also lowering the resolution seems to run dx11 better?
Ofcourse. Your gpu has to render a smaller area.

EDIT: Another update has been released. Probably more stability and bug fixes.