I bought a bow today

Author Topic: I bought a bow today  (Read 5089 times)

Bought this bad mother forgeter today from an archery shop.
Also saw the bow used in Avengers and Hunger Games they had on display :o

327 British Pound equals 539.35 US Dollar (google monies translate)

Sorry for the stuffty quality photo, my room light is a bit of a weird yellow colour, so you cant see how nice the arrows are but they're a really nice aluminium 27", arm guard is a metallic (shiny) red. the limbs are premium+, which is why the bow is so expensive, the riser cost about half the price, arrows were about £40 for an 8 set.
it pulls 26 pounds, I got it with the red dot sight, problem is that I haven't bothered to learn to drive so I have to cycle the bow while its taken apart in a huge hiking bag :L kinda inconvienient

double pasta

Some pictures from today.

20 yard grouping, trying to calibrate the sight and get used to the new bow.

arrows made from dragon richard.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:50:05 PM by eldruF »

why did i read the title and assume that you bought like the accessory kind of bow

Anyway, that looks pretty cool! Is it just going to be for decoration/cosplay, or do you actually do archery?

stuff are you gonna go hunt mondays with that

327 British Pound equals 539.35 US Dollar (google monies translate)

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Great Breeeteeesshhh pounds sterling is how the gentleman says it.

yo that cost mad squid

booyakasha

Off topic, but I read childofdarkness' posts with a kinda grumpy voice.

OT: Looks cool!

Be sure to wear some sort of arm protection, cutting yourself with the bow string isn't fun.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
It's not really that much money.

why did i read the title and assume that you bought like the accessory kind of bow

Anyway, that looks pretty cool! Is it just going to be for decoration/cosplay, or do you actually do archery?
I find cosplay kinda cringy and weird.
I am a beginner in archery, but I am really enjoying it. I've been doing it for like a few months now. I decided if I'm gonna buy a bow I may aswell go large (plus I got a stuffload from a tv advertisement I just acted in)

Not a lot, considering average families have about £200.

Oh wow you're so edgy and cool because you're rich.
Grow up you little cunt, stop pretending you're rich, its pathetic and makes you look like a total handicap. Yes, it is a lot of money and I'm not going to pretend it isn't, and I'm not going to pretend it didn't burn a hole in my pocket.
Way to be humble you lil stuff.

wat

Be sure to wear some sort of arm protection, cutting yourself with the bow string isn't fun.
Yeah I got a nice arm protection thingy. I have got good arm posture so I tend not to hit my arm, I just need to work on getting my shoulders straighter.

whats its stats?
What's its draw weight?

I don't know what you're trying to say with this. An average teenager probably has about $500 (or less) to burn at any given time, you just have to save a little bit to make a purchase like this

Oh wow you're so edgy and cool because you're rich.
Grow up you little cunt, stop pretending you're rich, its pathetic and makes you look like a total handicap. Yes, it is a lot of money and I'm not going to pretend it isn't, and I'm not going to pretend it didn't burn a hole in my pocket.
Way to be humble you lil stuff.
Chirst man I didn't mean to strike a nerve. I wasn't trying to be edgy.
I mean $500 is more than you'd spend in a given day or even month but it's not a ton of money in a grand scheme, and it only takes like 2 weeks on minimum wage to make $500.

I'm by no means rich.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:39:21 PM by dorkdotdan »

I don't know what you're trying to say with this. An average teenager probably has about $500 to burn at any given time, you just have to save a little bit to make a purchase like this

I have... $11.

Am i fancy yet?