Poll

Even if no more problems with the home-hosting happen, would you pay $4.00/month if HammerHost was still run at home?

Yes, home hosting will stabilize and become more reliable
No, I feel comfortable only with a remote dedicated server

Author Topic: HammerHost dedicated hosting service :: Clients, get your files  (Read 51929 times)

Finally... My wish came true... Thank you badspot ♥♥♥

I will investigate the problem with the musicList later today.

Hopefully I won't be working your CPU too hard when I use the server 'for realsies'. I'll be nearly at the brick limit with 4-20 players at a time.

Hopefully I won't be working your CPU too hard when I use the server 'for realsies'. I'll be nearly at the brick limit with 4-20 players at a time.
Don't worry, I have 6 cores. It's not anything like the slow VPS we used to have 1 month ago.

Don't worry, I have 6 cores. It's not anything like the slow VPS we used to have 1 month ago.
Your "slow VPS" really wasn't as bad as you think it was.

you're such a bitch to that old VPS, not cool bro

you're such a bitch to that old VPS, not cool bro
The current system has 2.1x the single-core power and at least 4 times as much total power as the old VPS. And it now has 12 GB RAM instead of 4. Plus unmetered bandwidth.

The old VPS cost $40/month while home-hosting costs < $55/month. It's an extremely good deal, although it may take 2 weeks for HammerHost to "stabilize" and the outages to go away.

Can you hard code into the servers to man Pacnet's ID(s)?

The current system has 2.1x the single-core power and at least 4 times as much total power as the old VPS. And it now has 12 GB RAM instead of 4. Plus unmetered bandwidth.

The old VPS cost $40/month while home-hosting costs < $55/month. It's an extremely good deal, although it may take 2 weeks for HammerHost to "stabilize" and the outages to go away.

Yeah but the node the vps was on was looked after, expansion would be easy.

Anyway, for $41, you can get a reliable VPS with guarenteed 6 cores at 3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, 800GB disk space on a 100Mbit/s line with windows server 2008 on. Thats cheaper than hosting at home and infinitely more reliable. It's a no-brainer to be honest.

That's server class hardware. Desktop class hardware is not designed to be run constantly, hence why it keeps failing on you.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:13:19 PM by Fluff-is-back »

hammerhost related stuff seems to be down?

guess so
hammerhost is nice, free, and fast but damn it's unreliable

Anyway, for $41, you can get a reliable VPS with guarenteed 6 cores at 3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, 800GB disk space on a 100Mbit/s line with windows server 2008 on.
Is this a Contabo VPS XL?
If so, I considered this plan for many weeks. But I have had bad experiences with Contabo in the past; their CPU is not good enough. HamHost used a Contabo VPS L in it's first month, and Blockland servers were lagging because the single-core power was not enough.

That's server class hardware. Desktop class hardware is not designed to be run constantly, hence why it keeps failing on you.
This is not usually true. You are confusing network downtimes and mechanical problems with hardware. I have once run the AMD FX-6300 at 4.3 GHz (25% overclock) for about 35 days in a row, and nothing happened. As long as the temperatures and voltage are not too high, desktop hardware is not much less reliable than server hardware.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:22:55 PM by Hammereditor5 »

Website's down again. 10/10

We are in the midst of another network outage.

What an utter mess this is. Extremely unprofessional and run by a moron who doesn't know what the forget he's doing. Also, if you still don't think Hammer and Pacnet are the same people you are as dumb as him.

What an utter mess this is. Extremely unprofessional and run by a moron who doesn't know what the forget he's doing. Also, if you still don't think Hammer and Pacnet are the same people you are as dumb as him.

So who's alt are you?