Poll

Even if no more problems with the home-hosting happen, would you pay $4.00/month if HammerHost was still run at home?

Yes, home hosting will stabilize and become more reliable
No, I feel comfortable only with a remote dedicated server

Author Topic: HammerHost dedicated hosting service :: Clients, get your files  (Read 52467 times)

I feel worried about HammerHost now.
Yes, this is nothing like the small DoS attacks HammerHost experienced at the start of the beta, or the small  outages for the last 12 days. The DDoS attack appears to be serious and downtime is gettng close to 100%.
We will ask the ISP directly whether it is a malicious attack or not.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:54:27 AM by Hammereditor5 »

Give up or buy a dedicated server...

buy a dedicated server...
How will this help?? Getting a remote server will make things worse. Becaue a server ISP is a hundred times more likely to null-route or terminate my IP address than Verizon. The cause of the downtime is now a freaking DoS attack, and is not remotely related to hardware.

Before anybody does more posts claiming that the current downtime is caused by "Hammereditor being an inexperienced fool" or "Hammereditor using unreliable hardware", please readthe first post on this page.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:21:12 PM by Hammereditor5 »

How will this help?? Getting a remote server will actually make things worse. Because a server ISP is a hundred times more likely to null-route or terminate my IP address than Verizon. The cause of the downtime is now a freaking DoS attack, and is not remotely related to hardware.

You can get dedicated servers with dos protection.

Ask Lub and see for yourself how expensive it is. Do you think I can afford  hundreds of dollars a month?

Ask Lub and see for yourself how expensive it is. Do you think I can afford  hundreds of dollars a month?

If your parents will help pay, throw in some extra money you make from doing whatever you do. Lawn Mowing, Gardening, etc.

Do you think he has any way to afford a server with serious ddos protection?

how does this even work technologically
seriously... how does ddos protection even work?

If your parents will help pay, throw in some extra money you make from doing whatever you do. Lawn Mowing, Gardening, etc.
We're talking about $90 base + $10 per Blockland server (prices from Server mania).
Unless my clients are willing to pay the cheap price of $15-$20 a month, this will not happen.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:54:51 PM by Hammereditor5 »

how does this even work technologically
seriously... how does ddos protection even work?
Basically just by having a high-speed proxy that supposedly has higher speeds than an attack could.

Cloudflare goes further by having regional servers that act as gateways to the websites they are protecting, mitigating attacks even further.

Basically just by having a high-speed proxy that supposedly has higher speeds than an attack could.

Cloudflare goes further by having regional servers that act as gateways to the websites they are protecting, mitigating attacks even further.
the ddos protection is only in the 200$ package for cloudflare though

Is it true that I can trial/test a dedicated server for a month for free?

the ddos protection is only in the 200$ package for cloudflare though
I wasn't saying it was feasible for hammer, or anyone else for that matter.

Give up or buy a dedicated server...
buying a dedicated server doesn't do stuff. u should know (from all your years following ephi around) that RTB was under attack from a DDoS as well and it was dedicated

buying a dedicated server doesn't do stuff. u should know (from all your years following ephi around) that RTB was under attack from a DDoS as well and it was dedicated