Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 217271 times)

I have been searching far and wide for this, thank you @___@

~Emerson

it wont download for me

it wont download for me
Do you mean the website won't work or what?
If that's the case I can make a mirror.

it wont download for me

I got your PM. The download works fine. Try again?

I love this gamemode although I have a few problems - one being that despite friendly fire penalty is True and set to -10 points, it gives me +1 points for friendly fire.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:12:41 AM by ChappersTeddy »

I love this gamemode although I have a few problems - one being that despite friendly fire penalty is True and set to -10 points, it gives me +1 points for friendly fire.
How many points are you giving per kill?

A couple updates just went out.

Will Bots work for each game mode?

Will Bots work for each game mode?

That's the plan. My first priority though is to get all my old mods cleaned up and re-posted.

What do the minigame options "Include All Player's Bricks" and "Players Use Own Bricks" do exactly in Slayer (or default minigames, which I'm also considering you the expert on) regarding things like spawn bricks? From what I see, you can have None, First, Second, or Both of those options enabled, and spawn bricks can belong to Minigame Host, Minigame Member, Brick Owner, or Public.

So for example, I know having None set for those two options means players will spawn on Minigame Host bricks, unless there are none, in which case they spawn on Public bricks. Or at least I hope so, because otherwise I'm missing something already. But how do the other combination of options work?

So for example, I know having None set for those two options means players will spawn on Minigame Host bricks, unless there are none, in which case they spawn on Public bricks. Or at least I hope so, because otherwise I'm missing something already. But how do the other combination of options work?

Yeah, that's correct.

If "Include All Players' Bricks" is enabled, players will be able to interact with (and spawn on) objects belonging to people that aren't the minigame host (unless the object is part of another minigame).

If "Players Use Own Bricks" is enabled, players will *only* be able to interact with bricks that they own. I guess that this would require "Include All Players' Bricks" to be enabled, although there could be some fringe use cases where it wouldn't need to be.

Is that helpful?

Is that helpful?

Yes, thank you. I have two more clarifications though.

If "Include All Players' Bricks" is enabled, players will be able to interact with (and spawn on) objects belonging to people that aren't the minigame host (unless the object is part of another minigame).

If the object is part of no minigame at all, is it able to be interacted with with this option?

If "Players Use Own Bricks" is enabled, players will *only* be able to interact with bricks that they own. I guess that this would require "Include All Players' Bricks" to be enabled, although there could be some fringe use cases where it wouldn't need to be.

This was the dilemma that got me curious about the options in the first place, whether "Include All Player's Bricks" makes a difference when "Players Use Own Bricks" is enabled. Before I posted, I had tested having neither of the options enabled on a singleplayer server with public bricks and then my own bricks, which is how I arrived at that conclusion of it "falling back" on public bricks when there were no bricks owned by the minigame owner. Since posting I had the theory of a tier:

The player's own bricks (Enabled always outside a minigame / via "Players Use Own Bricks" while in a minigame)
Other players' bricks (Enabled via "Include All Player's Bricks" while in a minigame)
Minigame Owner Bricks (Enabled always while in a minigame)
Public Bricks
Spawn Sphere (or whatever it is without maps)

Where it starts at the highest enabled option and falls down until it finds a valid spawn? I know items and vehicles have a bit different behaviors but I'm mostly focusing on spawn bricks so I can make other bricks act accordingly and as expected with minigame settings and Slayer especially since it's so popular.

EDIT: I still haven't tested it as in-depth as I want to but here are my notes: http://pastebin.com/FPPsDL4z
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:07:14 PM by Truce »

Where it starts at the highest enabled option and falls down until it finds a valid spawn? I know items and vehicles have a bit different behaviors but I'm mostly focusing on spawn bricks so I can make other bricks act accordingly and as expected with minigame settings and Slayer especially since it's so popular.

EDIT: I still haven't tested it as in-depth as I want to but here are my notes: http://pastebin.com/FPPsDL4z

Your notes look right! (as far as I can tell anyway)

This is the spawn selection code: http://pastebin.com/WRrueXAn
So first it looks through team spawns, using minigameCstar fishe(%objA, %objB) to see if they're available.
If no team spawns are found, it looks through regular spawns, again using minigameCstar fishe.
If there's still no spawns, it's passed off to the default pickSpawnPoint function, which handles public spawns, etc.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:31:17 PM by Greek2me »

So first it looks through team spawns,

Whoops, I completely forgot about teams. I'll use that code as reference though, thanks again.

Also, no one can say my name on your trench wars server. :(

No problem.
Also, no one can say my name on your trench wars server. :(
Hahaha, I forgot about that filter. We had some problems with 3 teams vs 1.