Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 219463 times)

Is there any maps I can get for this so I can host a server?

Is there any maps I can get for this so I can host a server?
"Blockland: that game where you build stuff"

I know that we can already have bots in team slayer, (via spawning on team spawn points) but is there any way to make a 'Team BotHole'? For situations, where say: you capture a point and four guard bots spawn around it to defend it; protecting the team that captured it.

Edit: Now that I thought about it more; there is a way to (somewhat) solve the situation I described above. Check the 'Ally same Colors' box, and make a team that is only for bots: place team spawns around the capture points and name them something that relates to each one, color the spawn points a neutral color (not owned by any team). When a team captures a point it will change the spawns around it to the capturing team's color. The only downside to this is if you set the preferred players to twenty, all twenty bots would spawn there; not to mention they would just spawn wherever until a spawn point was 'placed'.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:26:01 AM by Deadzone »

I know that we can already have bots in team slayer, (via spawning on team spawn points) but is there any way to make a 'Team BotHole'? For situations, where say: you capture a point and four guard bots spawn around it to defend it; protecting the team that captured it.

Edit: Now that I thought about it more; there is a way to (somewhat) solve the situation I described above. Check the 'Ally same Colors' box, and make a team that is only for bots: place team spawns around the capture points and name them something that relates to each one, color the spawn points a neutral color (not owned by any team). When a team captures a point it will change the spawns around it to the capturing team's color. The only downside to this is if you set the preferred players to twenty, all twenty bots would spawn there; not to mention they would just spawn wherever until a spawn point was 'placed'.
I would like to refer you to the Slayer topic in Modification Discussion, where he said this:
These bots will spawn at normal people spawns. Just set the "Preferred Players" setting in the team panel.

Team bots from bot holes are coming later.
Just like he said that ctf support for bots is hopefully coming soon.

I would like to refer you to the Slayer topic in Modification Discussion, where he said this: Just like he said that ctf support for bots is hopefully coming soon.
Yes! It's good to know that there is progress.

Team Bot Holes already existed but I removed them because they were buggy. When I have more time to work on them, they'll be re-added. The problem is time.

Team Bot Holes already existed but I removed them because they were buggy. When I have more time to work on them, they'll be re-added. The problem is time.
If I could donate time, I totally would.

I couldn't even donate time because i have little of it myself too. :P

I am thinking about recruiting some people to help maintain/work on the mod.

I couldn't even donate time because i have little of it myself too. :P
haha it's a good problem to have I guess

What... I'm only noticing there's a slayer topic now?

Anyway, I've had it for ages and it's awesome.

i actually managed to get the path nodes working on the mansion build, they're slightly buggy since the bot ai is dumber than a 50 ton bag of elephant stuff, so they walk into walls, sit down and other things.

So I found a rather big issue with checkpoints, which slayer may have missed.

Lets say you have a minigame with 1 life, and someone gets a checkpoint.

If you clear your checkpoint, you respawn, regardless of lives or other things slayer prevents spawning for.

Fix pls.

Is there no siege game mode for the current version?

...Anyone else having issues with this on steam? Anyone? Steam has blocked nearly ALL of my client sided add-ons, including the interface for slayer. I can't even get event favorites to work, but that's fine. I now play Blockland just to use this game mode so if someone could help me get Slayer running I'd really appreciate it. It shows up on the minigame menu, but the interface you use in the minigame section once you join the server is gone. I even have the bricks for it, its just that all the interfaces have up and disappeared. I'd download Blockland onto my pc out of steam, but thats failed me. It installs, but never shows up in the folder I install it in or anywhere else for that matter. The shortcut is still there, but it cant open the cache file since it doesn't exist. Please, help....should I post this IN help?
I'll try installing the newest update, but if this is only a ME problem I doubt it will help.