Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 220092 times)

ZEK

So I recently tried downloading this new version of slayer and put of all of the downloadable files listed in the add-ons folder but for some reason when i go start a server it says that i am missing files for slayer when i thought that i downloaded all of the files necessary. I tried removing the downloaded files from the add-ons folder and re-downloading them 3 times but that never worked. If anyone can help me with this problem plz reply.

i want grapple knife TDM in this

i want grapple knife TDM in this
you can just do that by making a grapple knife map and setting the two items to be the grapple hook and butterfly knife (can't be bothered to find them right now though) and setting the gamemode to team slayer

So I recently tried downloading this new version of slayer and put of all of the downloadable files listed in the add-ons folder but for some reason when i go start a server it says that i am missing files for slayer when i thought that i downloaded all of the files necessary. I tried removing the downloaded files from the add-ons folder and re-downloading them 3 times but that never worked. If anyone can help me with this problem plz reply.
slayer is not a gamemode, contrary to the file name. enable it in the custom gamemode and add a keybind to the GUI in your options>controls, and open it ingame to make a minigame with slayer.

Please make sure that the file name is set to "Gamemode_Slayer" exactly.

ZEK

got it to work thx greek2me
Please make sure that the file name is set to "Gamemode_Slayer" exactly.
Got it to work now thx alot

Slayer 4 has been released! Here's the change log:

Version 4.0
  • Added "Minigame Regions" which allow for multiple minigames per user, per server. To use, place "Region Boundary" bricks around the region and paint them the same color as the minigame color. Do this for each minigame. You must leave your current minigame before creating a new one.
  • Added automatic spectate mode. The camera will cycle through players and move/pan automatically.
  • You can now spectate capture points. They will appear as you cycle through players.
  • Fixed bot-vehicle damage. (things like turrets, rowboats, etc.)
  • Added support for [a:forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=161834.0]Client_NEO[/a].
  • Current team is now listed next to player in player list (Teams tab).
  • Player list is now fetched from server. Fixes issue with incorrect player list.
  • Fixed bot issue caused by a Blockland update.
  • New preference/favorites format. All old favorites will be lost.
  • Removed non-functional bot pathfinding capabilities. A replacement is in the works.

DEVELOPERS:
  • New game mode API. See documentation here or in the 'doc' folder. Allows for incredible amounts of flexibility compared to old system, enabling many new and upcoming game modes.[/size]
  • New preferences API. See documentation here or in the 'doc' folder.
  • Great effort has been exerted to maintain compatibility with Slayer 3 mods, but certain mods may need to be ported to Slayer 4.

This keeps happening to me now on v4.

Also for some reason I can't set player name view distance above 600. How to fix? I want to set it at 1000.

Also, this public build of the Slayer update has broken some functions of Zeblote's Duplicator. I can't change the modes on it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:26:31 PM by Planr »

You missed an else return parent here.

Is there anyway to convert old slayer team favorites into Slayer 4 team and mgame favorites?

Somehow, Slayer keeps crashing on me, even when I initiated default Add-Ons.

I have the latest versions of Slayer, V.4, and CTF, V.2.

What's wrong?

Is there anyway to convert old slayer team favorites into Slayer 4 team and mgame favorites?
Not yet. I'll work on it.

Somehow, Slayer keeps crashing on me, even when I initiated default Add-Ons.

I have the latest versions of Slayer, V.4, and CTF, V.2.

What's wrong?

Post a console log.

Code: [Select]
Loading Add-On: Item_Key (CRC:-1682392750)
Executing Add-Ons/Item_Key/server.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Item_Key/yellowKey.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Item_Key/greenKey.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Item_Key/blueKey.cs.
8 datablocks added.

Loading Add-On: Gamemode_Slayer
exec: invalid script file Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer/server/support/Support_ObjectTransfe#6BAED1.cs.
ADD-ON "Gamemode_Slayer" CONTAINS SYNTAX ERRORS

Loading Add-On: Emote_Love (CRC:-925289075)
Executing Add-Ons/Emote_Love/server.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Emote_Love/emote_love.cs.
3 datablocks added.

Part of the Console.log

Edit: Either my laptop is really forgeted up, or there is something wrong with the server file. I checked it, and it looked fine.
Anyone else having this issue?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:58:13 AM by DataProxy »