Author Topic: Possible upcoming new feature (hats) - Confirmed by Badspot  (Read 14888 times)

This looks like a nice idea, I especially like the Steam integration. Let's hope this happens.

i dont like that hat
it looks to blocky

edit: boodals posted them below so whatever, they're my screenshots btw
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:44:51 AM by Maui69 »

Someone posted these in my server like a month ago, but I wasn't sure if it was legit so I didn't make a fuss about it.

Note the date on these: 18th March. Baddy has been working on this for a while. Perhaps there is hope for blockland after all?

Also, this was like 2 days after I started work on my HatMod, was pissed.

Edit: Holy forget, Maui69 beat me while i was finding the images in my history..

loving ballsack
well if the game renders the .obj files directly will that mean there'll be quad support on hat models?

Badspot told me about this on his server about a month ago.
I really can't wait for this update. It'll be pretty cool.

let's hope the community won't turn into the tf2 community w/o the money

I hope the OBJ files will be able to be loaded into staticShapes or something of the likes.

I don't understand this fully yet, but sounds amazing. So I guess we'll have the ability to put our hats on whenever we want on other people's servers unless they disable it? This explanation I made up makes the most sense to me right now but idk how they work in TF2.

Hopefully we'll still have control over whether or not people can use these hats on our servers. I wouldn't want players with knight helmets on my team deathmatch server.

This being said, I hope there's a reviewing system of some sort to avoid low qaulity hats. It'd be nice if Badspot tried to enforce the default look.

This being said, I hope there's a reviewing system of some sort to avoid low qaulity hats. It'd be nice if Badspot tried to enforce the default look.

The reviewing team is Badspot.

let's hope the community won't turn into the tf2 community w/o the money
oh no
no
NO
NOOONONONO