RuneScape Megathread - HARDCORE IRONMAN

Poll

discord

6 (27.3%)
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: RuneScape Megathread - HARDCORE IRONMAN  (Read 159617 times)

Ah yes, im new to RuneScape sort of. I made an account in like 2012 but left it and didnt use it alot. I tried the new runescape but meh.

Can someone explain about the 2007 and the new version? Thanks
The new version is the main version of Runescape that has been updated since 2001. This one has tons of content and a more popular community.

2007 (Old School Runescape) is a backup of Runescape from August 10, 2007, that the Runescape Team (Jagex) released in Early 2013 as an official version of Runescape that co-exists with the main version. Jagex still adds small updates to Old School, but still keeps it like it was in 2007/08.

The new version is the main version of Runescape that has been updated since 2001. This one has tons of content and a more popular community.

2007 (Old School Runescape) is a backup of Runescape from August 10, 2007, that the Runescape Team (Jagex) released in Early 2013 as an official version of Runescape that co-exists with the main version. Jagex still adds small updates to Old School, but still keeps it like it was in 2007/08.

Ah, yes I understand now :D.

Personally I like the 2007 version better :p.

Ah, yes I understand now :D.

Personally I like the 2007 version better :p.

I'll go a bit more in depth with this.
[Story time]
Runescape was a great game (hence why you may like 2007 more) however they decided to make a huge new update (emphasis on huge) overhauling the fighting mechanics, adding in potential pay to win bullstuff, and making everything generally much easier. Once these sequence of updates happened tens of thousands of people quit because it was no longer Runescape. The community made enough of an effort (and Jagex presumably experienced enough of a loss in revenue) to have a poll made to have the old Runescape come back as a separate server, the poll passed but only got enough for players requiring membership to play. Now they decided to make it free and Old School Runescape has nearly as many players as the regular Runescape.

1,600,000 xp away from 99 woodcutting.
This is gonna be my first 99 ever since I've joined over 5 years ago.

We're gonna need this back, when are they gonna put the in-game map in OSRS

We're gonna need this back, when are they gonna put the in-game map in OSRS

There's always OSBuddy if you really want it and can't wait.

i bought member's just to play the new quest and i'm not sure if i'm disappointed or not yet since it was fun

I'll go a bit more in depth with this.
[Story time]
Runescape was a great game (hence why you may like 2007 more) however they decided to make a huge new update (emphasis on huge) overhauling the fighting mechanics, adding in potential pay to win bullstuff, and making everything generally much easier. Once these sequence of updates happened tens of thousands of people quit because it was no longer Runescape. The community made enough of an effort (and Jagex presumably experienced enough of a loss in revenue) to have a poll made to have the old Runescape come back as a separate server, the poll passed but only got enough for players requiring membership to play. Now they decided to make it free and Old School Runescape has nearly as many players as the regular Runescape.
Interesting.
Yeah, i really think they kinda bumped off a lot of their previous loyal players with the big updates.
I kinda stopped playing due to other games and occupations, but i found the thing with the updated lumbridge and fighting mechanics a horrible mess and stopped bothering.
A shame, i used to play almost every holiday event for the holiday items (and seeing how it progressed).
Some things like the wheel of fortune and stuff i didn't mind at all and a small part of the member stuff opening up to free to play (like 2 rather small areas and the start of summoning skill) was amazing. :)
Guess i wasn't the only one that felt this way.

I met a loving hero today, i was doing the knight's sword quest and got killed at the ice knights constantly
and then one high level cool ass motherforgeter walked by, i pleaded for help and food
HE GAVE ME A forgetTON OF SALMON AND WENT IN THERE AND BLASTED ASS WHILE I GRABBED ALL MY THINGS
PEOPLE ARE loving COOL

I met a loving hero today, i was doing the knight's sword quest and got killed at the ice knights constantly
and then one high level cool ass motherforgeter walked by, i pleaded for help and food
HE GAVE ME A forgetTON OF SALMON AND WENT IN THERE AND BLASTED ASS WHILE I GRABBED ALL MY THINGS
PEOPLE ARE loving COOL
Ah yes, the ice cave.
I got helped there too, one should not underestimate the ice creatures.

Nothing like logging in to an ongoing drop party around me. Didn't get anything amazing, just an Ammy of Glory and Rune Platelegs but still it's something!

I am now a bot slayer.
This is the loot I've gotten after an hour of bot killing.

I've been collecting the shields of my enemies.

So today ronan referred to me as "oh now THAT'S a noob" on the rs twitch channel before spamming tons of easter eggs on top of me
That was interesting

So today ronan referred to me as "oh now THAT'S a noob" on the rs twitch channel before spamming tons of easter eggs on top of me
That was interesting
old school rs pls