RuneScape Megathread - HARDCORE IRONMAN

Poll

discord

6 (27.3%)
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: RuneScape Megathread - HARDCORE IRONMAN  (Read 160158 times)

Ok so this is gonna sound sketchy.

I logged into RS just now and I had a random person come up to me and they asked me to buy them 10k grotesque souls for 2k each in the grand exchange for him because he hit the GE buy limit. So after a little bit of talking with him I decided to do it. I dropped 20m on 10k souls but I got 10m back in the GE because apparently they were selling for 1k and not 2k. The guy that wanted me to buy them for him gave me 30m in return. So I've just made 20m in less than a minute. Rofl.

Ok so this is gonna sound sketchy.

I logged into RS just now and I had a random person come up to me and they asked me to buy them 10k grotesque souls for 2k each in the grand exchange for him because he hit the GE buy limit. So after a little bit of talking with him I decided to do it. I dropped 20m on 10k souls but I got 10m back in the GE because apparently they were selling for 1k and not 2k. The guy that wanted me to buy them for him gave me 30m in return. So I've just made 20m in less than a minute. Rofl.

Not really sketchy, people do this quite often. Though the profit you made doesn't happen too often in these situations

Not really sketchy, people do this quite often. Though the profit you made doesn't happen too often in these situations
The reason I said it was sketchy is people are either A. starfishs or B. both starfishs and scammers.

Example A.
starfish: Can you buy me 50 rune scimitars? I can't buy any more. I'll pay you back.
Me: Okay, I bought them.
starfish: Jk I don't really need them.

Example B.
*Scammer puts key loop halves in the GE for 49,999 GP* (Actual price is 14,500)
Scammer: Hey can someone buy me some key loop halves? They're worth 50k in GE right now. I'll pay you back.
Me: Alright I'll buy them.
*I buy the key loop halves for 50k instead of 14.5k*
Me: I bought them for you.
*Scammer logs out with the cash*

In situation A you just sell back at the same price, and B is unlikely since you would see the obvious discrepancy when making the order.

i think he wanted you to buy them as those souls have a buy limit on the ge, it's why people are just trading them

I've got scammed before in Runescape, not fun. At least 10+ million worth.

I was only ever scammed once, about 9 years ago shortly after starting the game. I was a noob with a full inventory of useless stuff, with my best item being my hard earned staff of air. Lost it to a scammer, never have fallen for a scam since then.

my cousin scammed in a stuff load of whips in old school until trading post and eventually GE came out. he only made around 20m profit though

I had a green h'ween mask back when I was in the 3rd grade and some guy harassed me until I was convinced it wasn't worth much and he traded me a gnome scarf for it. I then told my friend what I traded it for and he informed me that the mask was worth much more and laughed at me. I messaged the guy and asked to trade it back and he added me to his ignore list.

I got the mask from trading like 50g to some guy on WoW so I guess it was a fair game.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/dev-blog--nxt---can-i-run-it?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
Incase anyone had concerns with the new nxt client coming up, can't wait till it comes out. Going to be so gooood

Me and my brothers were doing Bandos last night (their first time,) when something magical happened.
About 17 kills into the trip we get these bad boys:

Tassets from a minion.

Two kills later:

Boots from a minion.  We were flipping stuff at this point.

The split.

My best General Graardor trip was 2 Bandos Boots, 1 Bandos Chestplate and 2 Godsword Shards.

RS3 NXT Beta is out for long time members or premier club owners, got me a picture of how it looks ingame and man it's amazing. Excuse the page stretch

Old school RS has a meme-vent to celebrate their 3rd anniversary, go do it and look up a guide because it's really loving vague