StarMade - On the long road to Beta!

Poll

-unused-

Sieg Kaiser
23 (63.9%)
Die Kaiser
13 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: StarMade - On the long road to Beta!  (Read 94381 times)

Check out this awesome GIF image of a faction fleet made by OmegaCybran:

That is absolutely gorgeous.

Welp, I haven't been able to get on NASS for a while because forgetIN XFINITY GG 11/10 WOULD ISP AGAIN

thought you said you switched to comcast

OH stuff IT UPDATED AGAIN

ALL THESE GLORIOUS UPDATES AHHHHHHH

• Undo/Redo - Players can now undo and redo their last steps of building ships. This makes it a lot easier to correct small mistakes. The size of the undo-queue can be adjusted in settings.cfg if needed.
  • Copy/Paste - While still a little wonky when selected, it already serves its purpose. You can now select a region of your structure and paste it as often as you want. For block connections, they are also copied as long as the control block is in the copied area. It doesn't yet work with the symmetry planes, but that will be added soon
  • Remove Filter - To quickly refit ships, this option was added. You can use it to select one block type to remove. Remove-Clicking will then only remove that type of block.
  • Mass Place Size (10^3) - This may now be set to new sizes in the server config, **placing in large volume has a high risk of lag, be cautious.** 
  • Shields - Shields are now divided into two blocks, to allow for better balancing. There is now the shield-capacity and the shield-recharge blocks. Current shield blocks on ships will be replaced with shield capacity, so it's advisable to use the new build tools to replace some of them with recharge blocks. Shield Recharge doesn't have a texture yet, but that will be updated in a few days.
  • Thrust - This is still in balancing. Thrust has been adjusted with more configurable values to be more in line with the new balance numbers.
  • Block HP - Non hull blocks have had a reduction in their HP, this should eventually be followed by a reduction in their mass in a later patch.
  • Crafting - The existing crafting system is changing, we are retiring the old "L1-L5" ores and replacing them with a smaller set of minerals, the 8 new metals and crystals are already in the game as the new Crystal and Ingot blocks we introduced recently, the new crafting system will be based on the ores for these as a basic resource. You can still sell off your previous minerals, but you will no longer be able to purchase them from shops.  (For additional decorations, try placing the new Capsule items.)
  • Collision Damage -  Another update has been done on collision damage, the damage effect should now be more realistic, based on the mass/velocity of the 2 entities.
  • Asteroid Names - fixed name collision in asteroid files.
  • Debugging - Added debug methot to track save-reroll bug.
  • Duping - fixed exploit to duplicate blocks (not giving more info.)

And mooooooorrrrreeeee thrust and shield changes

OH stuff IT UPDATED AGAIN

ALL THESE GLORIOUS UPDATES AHHHHHHH

• Undo/Redo - Players can now undo and redo their last steps of building ships. This makes it a lot easier to correct small mistakes. The size of the undo-queue can be adjusted in settings.cfg if needed.
  • Copy/Paste - While still a little wonky when selected, it already serves its purpose. You can now select a region of your structure and paste it as often as you want. For block connections, they are also copied as long as the control block is in the copied area. It doesn't yet work with the symmetry planes, but that will be added soon
  • Remove Filter - To quickly refit ships, this option was added. You can use it to select one block type to remove. Remove-Clicking will then only remove that type of block.
  • Mass Place Size (10^3) - This may now be set to new sizes in the server config, **placing in large volume has a high risk of lag, be cautious.** 
  • Shields - Shields are now divided into two blocks, to allow for better balancing. There is now the shield-capacity and the shield-recharge blocks. Current shield blocks on ships will be replaced with shield capacity, so it's advisable to use the new build tools to replace some of them with recharge blocks. Shield Recharge doesn't have a texture yet, but that will be updated in a few days.
  • Thrust - This is still in balancing. Thrust has been adjusted with more configurable values to be more in line with the new balance numbers.
  • Block HP - Non hull blocks have had a reduction in their HP, this should eventually be followed by a reduction in their mass in a later patch.
  • Crafting - The existing crafting system is changing, we are retiring the old "L1-L5" ores and replacing them with a smaller set of minerals, the 8 new metals and crystals are already in the game as the new Crystal and Ingot blocks we introduced recently, the new crafting system will be based on the ores for these as a basic resource. You can still sell off your previous minerals, but you will no longer be able to purchase them from shops.  (For additional decorations, try placing the new Capsule items.)
  • Collision Damage -  Another update has been done on collision damage, the damage effect should now be more realistic, based on the mass/velocity of the 2 entities.
  • Asteroid Names - fixed name collision in asteroid files.
  • Debugging - Added debug methot to track save-reroll bug.
  • Duping - fixed exploit to duplicate blocks (not giving more info.)
gracias added to OP

Just bought Space Engineers, and to be frank it seems really grindy. Starmade always felt like Minecraft where even if you were crafting mass quantities of stuff it always felt like there was a purpose behind it. SE at the moment just feels too dead end to be worth it. :/

protip: calling the mods on the StarMade chat "stuffter forget" will get you banned

Just bought Space Engineers, and to be frank it seems really grindy. Starmade always felt like Minecraft where even if you were crafting mass quantities of stuff it always felt like there was a purpose behind it. SE at the moment just feels too dead end to be worth it. :/

SE has some really cool features, and the control scheme is amazing. But I agree that the gameplay is sort of dead.

doubleedit: if anyone here is familiar with the tectum clementia server, they and NHC just merged.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:25:55 AM by comr4de »

protip: calling the mods on the StarMade chat "stuffter forget" will get you banned
please tell me you did not find this out on your own

so uh what is this game, how do i download it, and is it a game where i can make my own ship and do stuff because if so then refer to my second question

so uh what is this game, how do i download it, and is it a game where i can make my own ship and do stuff because if so then refer to my second question
This is Starmade. It's like minecraft in several ways except instead of an infinite land you can explore, its an infinite universe of planets and space stations and stars.

You can download it and play the full version for free here.

Yes, you can make your own ship and do whatever you want with it. You can make interiors and with gravity blocks you can walk around inside the ship while the ship is moving. It's very cool.

it keeps on making me install it over and over again and when i open the game it just closes and uninstalls