3 (25%)
Red Hat/SUSE
0 (0%)
BSD (this includes Mac and iOS)
2 (16.7%)
Other
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: The UNIX Megathread -- New poll  (Read 18003 times)

Blockland has some issues while running via wine.
1. I have no sound. I did winecfg and played around with the audio settings- nothing worked.
2. The UI on the server list flashes, as well as the chat and mouse while loading. When I actually spawn, everything is fine, except for some other flashing in models such as the gun, and other texture glitches.
I'd record it but I don't know how to in manjaro with XFCE.
issues other than blockland-
-noticeable lag in google chrome whenever I load a page with GIFs.
 I used yaourt -S google-chrome --noconfirm to install google chrome. yay
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:39:26 PM by xSetrox »

1. I have no sound. I did winecfg and played around with the audio settings- nothing worked.
welcome to manjaro. try installing alsamixer to fix it
chromium and use a less stuff browser
try recordmydesktop??
2. The UI on the server list flashes, as well as the chat and mouse while loading. When I actually spawn, everything is fine, except for some other flashing in models such as the gun, and other texture glitches.
ote]
are you trying the steam version or something

I always had horrendous problems with audio on Manjaro and found myself constantly loving around with stuff between alsa and pulse

Couldn't tell you about BL. I play it on my dad's windows computer. I don't play PC games a lot anymore.

For your chrome problem, I would suggest that you uninstall Google Chrome and install Chromium. It's pretty much the same, but it is in the official repositories and not the AUR. It's also open-source.
And you can still sync your settings and apps and stuff with your google account.

Pretty sure you need to specify the correct audio driver for Blockland within Wine's configuration window.

Also, I got a bunch of CDs, putting various Linux distros on them ('cause I can).

issues other than blockland-
 I used yaourt -S google-chrome --noconfirm to install google chrome. yay

my manjaro install was literally problem-less

I have not posted my desktop in a while and I've made a ton of improvements since I last posted it.

XFCE + Compiz workspace cube + Transparent desktop + Numix + My own custom window borders. (I stole the min/max/close/shade buttons though)

Also, I got a bunch of CDs, putting various Linux distros on them ('cause I can).
I just have a whole case full of burned Linux discs.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:37:02 PM by blueblur121 »

that actually looks quite nice

And the window borders are the same color as the top panel I have there. So maximized applications look like they just fit in with the rest of the desktop.

I have not posted my desktop in a while and I've made a ton of improvements since I last posted it.
[im g]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y414/blueblur112198/2014-06-24-162930_1280x800_scrot_zps8253916e.png[/img]

[im g]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y414/blueblur112198/2014-06-24-163025_1280x800_scrot_zpsa4d1aaf7.png[/img]

XFCE + Compiz workspace cube + Transparent desktop + Numix + My own custom window borders. (I stole the min/max/close/shade buttons though)
I just have a whole case full of burned Linux discs.
stuff i love that

also guys,  would you mind giving me tips on editing my ssh motd so i can put custom commands in there ? like an autorun file or something

The really cool part is that I can rotate the cube with my mouse if I middle-click.
It's like instead of a desktop all of my applications are on the outside of a cube.

If you want to do this you need the compizconfig menu and some sort of plugin for it. I don't remember the package name.

also guys,  would you mind giving me tips on editing my ssh motd so i can put custom commands in there ? like an autorun file or something
If you want to autorun commands, just put it in the bashrc.
And yes, I saw you ninja that in.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:42:35 PM by blueblur121 »

If you want to autorun commands, just put it in the bashrc.
ooh ooh it worked thank you os much <3

edit: how do i print commands in an echo?
i have echo -e "WELCOME TO 'hostname', 'whoami'"
but it doesnt work
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:23:29 PM by pefu19 »

» echo $HOSTNAME
Hunters-Laptop

» echo "Welcome to $HOSTNAME"
Welcome to Hunters-Laptop

» echo "Your username is $USER and you are using $HOSTNAME"
Your username is blueblur112198 and you are using Hunters-Laptop
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:32:55 PM by blueblur121 »

» echo $HOSTNAME
Hunters-Laptop

» echo "Welcome to $HOSTNAME"
Welcome to Hunters-Laptop

» echo "Your username is $USER and you are using $HOSTNAME"
Your username is blueblur112198 and you are using Hunters-Laptop

won't work
I'm using Ubuntu (Debian is gone from the reinstall menu so I'm being forced to use this now)
#attachment

edit: nvm got it to work stupid me
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:54:11 PM by pefu19 »