Poll

I don't feel motivated at all to continue this playthrough.

Play any of the Fallout games(Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout:New Vegas)
5 (62.5%)
Force yourself to keep playing.
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Xenonauts:Planetary Defense Simulator(Screw this, I'm playing Fallout instead.)  (Read 41624 times)

Name: iron whale
Personality, if you really want to, I guess: LOOK, AN IRON WHALE, FLAPPING AROUND LIKE AN IDIOT AND KILLING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.
Preferred gender: Whale Male.

Name: Steele
Preferred gender: Male

Name: iron whale
Personality, if you really want to, I guess: LOOK, AN IRON WHALE, FLAPPING AROUND LIKE AN IDIOT AND KILLING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.
Preferred gender: Whale Male.

Name: Steele
Preferred gender: Male

Added.

Bad news, guys. I just broke the "XCOMUtil Always Daytime" option on my save file. Now every mission is either daytime/nighttime depending on time of day. Also, a stuffton happens in this post.

X-COM cannot afford $400 night vision goggles.

Hostile lit up with a flare! Mow his ass down!

A MIB opens the door and opens fire on 500 Meme's Clone. 500 Memes was shot in the back 7 times with a Laser Pistol and survived. Talk about badass, eh?

Iron Whale gets a flamethrower.

UFO clear! We gotta search the surrounding area for MIBs......

500 Memes passes out from blood loss. Surviving 7 laser pistol shots to the back(the rest all missed) comes with a heavy price.

One of the Gopniks gets another kill to his name.

Lee Hanson attempts to catch up with everyone else, but runs out of energy. Must be overweight.

While all of this is happening, 500 Memes bleeds to death while Talia attempts to patch him up, but X-COM never researched Medkits. 500 Memes is dead again.

RIP

Our soldiers are finally getting killed off little by little. In an effort to keep them alive, we've cloned 500 Memes again. Talia and Lee Hanson were also cloned, because why not? Actually we mindraped the rookies into thinking that they are Talia/Lee Hanson/500 memes. We don't have the tech to clone them yet, but we have the ability to mindrape rookies into believing they are a certain person. We even forced one of the rookies to impersonate Elvis.

Research of Medikits is completed too late for 500 Memes.

Fresh meat has arrived. These rookies do NOT deserve generic names at all. They have no name. (Previous new recruits were given the generic name "Rookie".)

This should help our efforts to flush out the last few aliens or traitors hiding in buildings.

oh god

oh god

NO GOD NO

Alien Battleship on Retaliation=Base Defense sometime soon

Right after the alert and mass panic, research on the Firestorm completes. It will take a full month to build. A full month of aliens spamming Battleships that oneshot interceptors.

We need to utilize plasma weaponry. We are researching how to use Plasma Pistol Magazines. We know how the Plasma Pistol works, but the magazines appear to have a security mechanism.

As of now, our top priority is shooting down alien ships. Look at what happened due to the combined efforts of the Sectoids and Men In Black. Another country lost, another country to drop a nuclear bomb on. The Australians have resisted the efforts of the Sectoids and Men In Black, however. They won't pull funding, but they will reduce it instead.

Hell yes.

What should we name our third X-COM base if I ever decide to do so?

Name it 501 Memes in honor of 500 Memes dying. Again. Either that, or name it after Revolver Rookie.

Fixed. 500 Memes #3 is now 501 Memes. Oh, you meant the base. forget.

Defend me! (i'm in australia) if you do get a mission name someone after me to simulate it being me
Name: Protile
Personality: over-cautious and always has smoke grenades
preferred gender: idc

Name: Daundra
Personality: super roostery and always likes to be infront, especially with chrysalids.
preferred gender: Male.

Added.

The "Holy stuff, aliens are mind controlling us already!" update!

Welp more sectoids and cyberdiscs

This is gonna be easy. We go in fast, we kill them all---

forget.

Mission abandoned, Lee Hanson gets even more badass, and we complete some research.

Now we know a little bit more about all the aliens.

Oh stuff

Ethereals already

NO GOD NO.

These guys ALL have Psionic powers. They ALL SPAM IT. Every round. You will lose an entire squad of 14 to 26 soldiers in one to four turns.

Pictured above: Ethereal PSI spam causing a soldier to Self Delete bomb

Oh and also another country falls to Alien Infiltration.

Ooh, railguns. Can I have one?

Welp, you guys are boned...

I'm tellin' you boss, just roll Lee in there with a loving A10 Warthog or something

Downed a ufo full of Ethereals, one of the soldiers got mind controlled. He pulled out the High Explosive(basically, C4), threw it while everyone was still inside the Skyranger. Talia, 500 Memes, Gopnik3, Lee Hanson, and Redshirt Charlie were among those(almost everyone in the squad) who were killed.

Time to reload a save file, because Lee Hanson's grandfather is Morgan Freeman, and Grunterdb1951 told me that every time Lee Hanson dies its non-canon.

Grunterdb1951 told me that every time Lee Hanson dies its non-canon.
My death is noncanon until we reach Cydonia.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:38:23 PM by the hacker »

What's that image from?

Starship troopers is where it came from.

Smoke on the skyranger ramp! Move out, rooks!

(Most of the rookies aren't wearing armor. Some of it was because they don't deserve it, some of it was because I forgot.)

Alien in the barn! Blow a hole in the wall and light it up!

Friendly fire! Friendly fire!

The aliens are using Heavy Plasmas already? Wow.

How did we not see this alien right behind us?

One of the rookies gets a kill with Reaction Fire.

Holy stuff.

Alien Base Assault.

We follow the UFO untill it lands, patrol the area, wait a few hours, and then the Alien Base will be discovered. Destroying the Alien Base is the first step torwards finally defeating the aliens once and for all.

Oh forget. Supplies arrive right as a Etheral Terror Mission commences. Say your prayers, Bob Saget.