Poll

How long should a year take? (Crops take maybe 2/3 of a year to grow on average, take into consideration changes in gameplay style here)

Six hours? (Maintenance for best output maybe once an hour)
23 (51.1%)
Twelve hours? (Reccomended maintenance every few hours for best output)
2 (4.4%)
A day (Optimal maintenance is maybe two/three times a day)
6 (13.3%)
Longer (Maintenance maybe once/twice a day)
14 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?  (Read 13113 times)

Slushie was abusing the reset system so I made it so you can only reset once without an administrator doing it for you.
Now any use of /donate is logged and I get notified of it when it happens.
I also took 4.5k of sprinklers from him and another 2k from his partner kingston.
I told him that if he did it again they'd be banned.

Also, we almost got 50 players on at one time. We've had 167 people spawn in the server, and probably more than that join today. 23 players online right now. Not bad for an early alpha test.

Slushie was abusing the reset system so I made it so you can only reset once without an administrator doing it for you.
Now any use of /donate is logged and I get notified of it when it happens.
I also took 4.5k of sprinklers from him and another 2k from his partner kingston.
I told him that if he did it again they'd be banned.

Also, we almost got 50 players on at one time. We've had 167 people spawn in the server, and probably more than that join today. 23 players online right now. Not bad for an early alpha test.
I was the first one on your server c:

So yeah server's still going strong.

Could we have pictures of fully grown, max stage crops?

I lost some cash on potatoes because I thought that as soon as the leaves turned brown it was time to harvest.

congrats on the player record!

This server is hella fun. We need more stuff like this in blockland.

Us beating every other server.

Ostinyo and his 1 percenter mega-corperation.

Doing the work for some rich guy is fun. I got $100 as payment.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:37:58 PM by Theepicman »

Doing the work for some rich guy is fun. I got $100 as payment.
He accidentally gave me 1k for working for him

Made a quick diagram based off of Ostinyo's farm:

Note that the center represents an Auto-harvester placed on top of a Heater placed on top of Soil/a 2x2 brick.

I'm glad this thing is actually back to life, since its run in July 2013. It's kinda sucks that this is only an alpha test and all of the stats will be wiped once it's over, but I've had plenty of fun on it so far and I plan to keep joining as long as this is still hosted.

So yeah, for any players reading this that are wondering what the forget happened to the server, it crashed again.
Having gone for days perfectly then crashing again in just a few minutes means something I added recently is probably the cause.
I'm going to have to put it private for a bit while I work on it, but when it goes back up I hope I can reload the autosave and even have a way to let people reclaim their stuff automatically.

Sorry about this.

For any of you elite hackers out there:
Code: [Select]
Error: NetStringTable::incStringRef() - id "80031" out of range (size = 256)
Error: NetStringTable::lookupString() - id "80031" out of range (size = 256)
Last two lines in the console log before the crash. There was a third line too but it didn't save to the log.
I'm like %75 sure that it appeared with the first crash as well, but didn't think to save the log.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:05:23 PM by DrenDran »

I could literally not be any happier. I loving love this server to death. Not only is my avatar "Night Sky" in one of the pics working as an indentured servant, but someone also took a screeny of Datablock's hilarious comment (as per my request, though I never thought anyone would oblige). This is like the best server I've been on in a long time, as well as the previous version of Farming that he had up months and months ago. I've been around for a decent time on Blockland, and I'll say that DrenDran is by far one of the best host's I've seen, his idea is inventive and fun, and I just overall enjoy the experience.

NOW GET THAT SERVER WORKING OR I'LL...go to bed. I guess.
Will it be up again by tonight, cause I can pull an all-nighter if that's what it takes. If it wont be up in the next 4 hours or so, I'll just head to bed. Any idea when?