Poll

How long should a year take? (Crops take maybe 2/3 of a year to grow on average, take into consideration changes in gameplay style here)

Six hours? (Maintenance for best output maybe once an hour)
23 (51.1%)
Twelve hours? (Reccomended maintenance every few hours for best output)
2 (4.4%)
A day (Optimal maintenance is maybe two/three times a day)
6 (13.3%)
Longer (Maintenance maybe once/twice a day)
14 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?  (Read 13272 times)

Hunger would actually balance out thieves a little more, so that you couldn't hide in a dark box for ages.
The whole point that racer made is to remove thieves completely, and judging by the poll's current sate, many people agree with him.

Jesus christ it looks like I really forgeted something up.
Except...

Even in the middle of the night we're still the top server at times getting almost %15 of all online players in the server.
So I'm at a bit of a quandary here. I mean, sure there's all this hate, but at the same time the server is still as popular as ever.

I guess the thing to do is address some of your points individually then lay out my plans for the next day or two.
Before I do however, I'd just like to introduce you all to the concept of Blocktopia another gamemode made by me a long time ago.
It had farming, it had mining, it even had drilling for oil. No crime system either.
People didn't play it.
Basically this is my attempt to remake that but have it be a success.
It's supposed to be a mix of farming/infinite mining and Mr.Wallet's Rise of Blockland.

God damn it the simple farming mod we all knew and loved is turning into another City RPG.
Personally I've had fun on cityrps.
Oh and may I mention that the "cops" are nothing more than money hungry forgettards that arrest anyone with dems. For example, I kill a crop stealing forget oh but I get dems and then all the cops rush towards me like a bunch of rabid tigers that didn't have food for weeks. Then I am arrested though I told them what happened.
I'll try and make it so you won't be arrested for defending yourself.
This is most likely going to end up like the other server, it'll become too much like  CRPG and no one's going to play it. When this server started out it had tons of players that would stay on for hours just building up their farm without the damn criminals. None of this stuff has to do with farming anyways. It would be better if you just got someone to model for you and added in more crops, and added more to script to make it more challenging but still having it centered around farming.
I wish I could get someone to model for me, but lord knows I can't. I'd love to be working on all kinds of new plants rather than stuff like a crime system but that's out of my control.
I just don't get it. Why add a feature that adds frustration to an otherwise calm and peaceful server? It's just one more thing that people have to worry about, as if winter was bad enough. The average farmer doesn't think about a justice system on a regular basis and therefore should not be a feature of a "Farming RP".
This is about the time to admit that this server is soon going to stop being a "farming rp". I have no idea what I intend to rename it, however.
Seriously. You added criminals before food and hunger.
I've been told people hate hunger mods.
There's not even a map or any type of organization, you're just setting yourself up for chaos.
There's a grid, roads, and differently zoned areas, unless you're talking about the old server? In which case, why are you talking about the old server?
Add a global market to sell goods.
Like Rise of Blockland.
Build a forgetin map for christ's sake.
Old map...
Then add cars. Add Pumpjacks which can pump oil from farmland, which can in turn be converted to gasoline, then sell the gasoline so people can drive cars.
Go look at that link.
Why have cars? So people can get around the map quicker, efficiency. Add electricity, so people can light up their homes with an electric resource that you pay for every season or year (a $100 subscription to use events each year?) Have a lot system for a variety of reasons.
Not in the topic but coal was burned for electricity.

Basically I've decided to remove crop stealing at least for the next few days. Other crimes aren't going to be taken out because they're not as serious an issue.
Cops can no longer fake kill bricks with their batons if they are:
  • Owned by an offline player.
  • Owned by a player with less than 5 demerits
  • Too large
  • Part of the farming gamemode (e.g. plants, technology)
If anyone wants to model me plants I'd love to implement them and reward you for your help.
I'm currently planning on adding in a lot of what Racerboy said, but it's a long process and I'm still trying to figure out where to start.

Well at least your going to fix it.

Yea crop stealing is removed now I can farm in peace.

yey

now what what in the butt wont be loving my stuff up

I think the next place to go with this is poultry farming

for my kfc

Before I do however, I'd just like to introduce you all to the concept of Blocktopia another gamemode made by me a long time ago.
It had farming, it had mining, it even had drilling for oil. No crime system either.
People didn't play it.
I don't get why people wouldn't play Blocktopia
Oh wait, yeah I do. It's because you couldn't get a high-paying job and then win.

City RP's are in a tight spot for me. They remind me of modern shooters, in that the gameplay is abysmal but they still manage to get a community behind them. Blocktopia would've been like one of those indie shooters that makes the gameplay way better, but it failed because it wasn't like the other city RP's, and thus didn't have the prebuilt community. It's a real shame, because if it'd taken off, it would've probably revolutionized current city mods. It's great that you're remaking it, I can't wait to see how this pans out.

It would be nice if there was a train pass system, that way you need to buy a train pass to ride the train and so asshats don't hoard the damn train.

Some people join the server and just stay on the train all the time.

DB Railroad project

The DB Railroad project is a railroad construction built by a team of 4 people,
at the end of the railroad will be a exclusive city, where all the non-handicapped people can go to live life normally.
The Dre-Dran Blockland Rail Road's Chief Engineer of operations and construction is Theepicman, The two workers laying rails are Kit Kat and synthesispanda, With me as the president of the railroad, and credit mobilier. Our goal is to make 250K dollars to fund the railroad project, and the new city. We will go out 1000 32x baseplates into the nothingness-void, and lay a city at the end of the railroad.
Please forward your donations to Jacx
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:48:08 PM by synthesispandabot »

DB Railroad project

The DB Railroad project is a railroad construction built by a team of 4 people,
at the end of the railroad will be a exclusive city, where all the non-handicapped people can go to live life normally.
Please forward your donations to Jacx, more information to come.

The Dre-Dran Blockland Rail Road's Chief Engineer of operations and construction is Theepicman, The two workers laying rails are Kit Kat and synthesispanda, With me as the president of the railroad, and credit mobilier. Our goal is to make 250K dollars to fund the railroad project, and the new city. We will go out 1000 32x baseplates into the nothingness-void, and lay a city at the end of the railroad.