Poll

How long should a year take? (Crops take maybe 2/3 of a year to grow on average, take into consideration changes in gameplay style here)

Six hours? (Maintenance for best output maybe once an hour)
23 (51.1%)
Twelve hours? (Reccomended maintenance every few hours for best output)
2 (4.4%)
A day (Optimal maintenance is maybe two/three times a day)
6 (13.3%)
Longer (Maintenance maybe once/twice a day)
14 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?  (Read 13078 times)

When synth gets too high

Man, it's sad to see this server slowly die out.

That said, I've still got a few things planned. Strawberries are being added today. The need to occasionally rotate crops is a thing. A guy's making me a tractor. Another guy is hopefully making me a set of bricks for growing a peach tree. Mining would be done if I could figure out what to do with it.

That said, I've still got a few things planned. Strawberries are being added today. The need to occasionally rotate crops is a thing. A guy's making me a tractor. Another guy is hopefully making me a set of bricks for growing a peach tree. Mining would be done if I could figure out what to do with it.
if it's a gamemode you should probably release it. then people will host it for a long time.

dont be an idiot like zapk and be like "IM TAKING THIS DOWNLOAD DOWN BECAUSE NOBODY IS HOSTING IT PROPERLY"

dont be an idiot like zapk and be like "IM TAKING THIS DOWNLOAD DOWN BECAUSE NOBODY IS HOSTING IT PROPERLY"
What gamemode was this?

Isnt there like crime and cops and stuff now? I lost interest after reading that

Isnt there like crime and cops and stuff now? I lost interest after reading that
Not as much anymore. Crop stealing is gone.

Why isnt the server public right now?  :panda:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 04:27:24 PM by Juliun03 »

Here is an edited version of the Q&A. Much of it was highly inaccurate.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I begin a farm?

A: Before you can begin you have to go to the agricultural area. This area is marked with a large sign and is a decent ways away from the spawn, so taking the train is highly recommended. Begin by placing a baseplate (which must be aligned with the surrounding roads, or in a lot, if one is available), choosing your main crop (Weed is not a good beginning crop, since it is illegal unless you buy a license, which costs 10,000$).  Once you place soil (which is a brick found in the "farming" tab of your blocks menu) till the soil using the "shovel" tool that you spawn with until it states: "This soil cannot become any more fertile" or something along those lines and place your crop. Once the soil is placed on your baseplate,

Q: My crops died! Why!?

A: Crops can die from a variety of causes, as said in the main post. They can die from dehydration if you don't water them either manually or using sprinklers, they can die from the cold if the temperature drops below 32 degrees and you don't have a heater to stop this, and they can die from overgrowth. Overgrowth occurs when you fail to harvest a fully-grown plant.

Q: How do I know when a crop is fully grown?

A: Often times it is obvious. Wheat turns golden, tomatos turn red, weed's stalk grows to a dark yellow (darker is better, in this case), blueberries turn blue, and potatos aren't so clear. Grapes, when implemented, will turn purple.

Q: What are some other jobs?

A: You can also be a police officer, or a miner. Note that mining is in a very early alpha phase, and very little of it works. To become either of these, do /police or /miner.

Q: I want to make a house.

A: Residential is perfect for this, since normal bricks cost half as much, but you cannot build agricultural (farming) blocks in it.

Q: What does a police officer do, and what are the benifits?

A: Police officers attempt to catch criminals, earning a small portion of money in the process and returning some money to people the theif stole from as compensation. A good police officer who helps the farmers is highly appreciated, just don't let the power of the baton and crime system get to your head.

Q: How do I sell crops or buy crops?

A: /(buy or sell) [crop] [amount]

In example, if I wanted to buy 10 blueberry seeds, I would do /buy blueberry 10 or /buyblueberry 10 or /buyblueberries 10 or /buy blueberries 10.
Selling is exactly the same, just replace the buy portion of the command with sell instead.

Q: I messed up, by wasting my money, or having it all get stolen from me, what do I do?

A: Use the /reset command to delete all your bricks, clear all the work you've done, and give you 1000$ even in your account. You can only do this once by yourself. Doing it more will require an admin to help you. (If you could do it constantly, you could give the 1000$ to someone else, reset again, and keep doing that for infinite money)

Q: I need help with other general stuff.

A: /help

Q: What's the perfect temperature?

A: 72 is perfect. Below 32 is freezing, and if your plants fall below 32, they will die instantly so add heaters to stop this from happening. (though make sure to turn them on, first)

Q: What is the radius of better sprinklers, heater, weed killer, and auto-harvester?

A: These aren't fully implemented yet. As of yet, we don't know the radius.

Q: Whats the radius of the regular sprinkler/heater/weed killer/auto-harvester?

A: 6x6 from the exact center of the brick. However, this means that they will effect blocks extending 5 blocks from the edge of the block. Plenty of people have example setups on the server that can help you visualize this.

Q: Can I defend myself?

A: Hammers do decent amounts of damage. You can /buygun for 1100 and /buyammo too. Killing in self defense is OK, but killing otherwise will get you a large sum of demerits.

Q: What are demerits?

A: Demerits are units of "crime". The more crimes you commit, the more your demerits count increases. You can only be arrested and put in jail if you have more than 5 demerits. As time goes on, your demerits will decrease, but this is slow, so be careful.

Q: What is the requirements to sell weed legally?

A: You need a permit. /cannabispermit It costs 10,000. Or you can just sell weed illegally, but you will get arrested if you're not careful.

Q: What should I do? An (Admin/Hacker) did something they weren't supposed to do!

A: PM DrenDran using his Steam account if you can. If you cannot, attempt to contact him or a trustworthy admin on the server. Note that the large amounts of chat make it difficult to make out who's speaking and when, though.

Q: Some stuff isn't working.

A: This server is being worked on continually. If you have a specific issue, feel free to PM DrenDran on steam about it.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:31:02 PM by Tyler799 »

Tyler's post is pretty good.
Just two corrections:
1. Self defence no longer gives you demerits. You just have to make sure the person you're killing has attacked you first and did so recently.
2. Building in residential costs %50 as much. But there's no height limit and there's more accessible land there.

can you host the server?

Unpassword the server please! :P

Do you still need a PDF Guide?