DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?

Poll

How long should a year take? (Crops take maybe 2/3 of a year to grow on average, take into consideration changes in gameplay style here)

Six hours? (Maintenance for best output maybe once an hour)
23 (51.1%)
Twelve hours? (Reccomended maintenance every few hours for best output)
2 (4.4%)
A day (Optimal maintenance is maybe two/three times a day)
6 (13.3%)
Longer (Maintenance maybe once/twice a day)
14 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?  (Read 13138 times)

People are starting to fund this stuff, here is an article on it:
http://inhabitat.com/skyscraper-farming-farming-reaches-to-the-sky/
christ it looks like a minecraft farm

I had the last straw, I finally made a living out of selling weed and just as I thought everything was fine a loving cop came in, destroyed all my crops and jailed me.

That seriously killed the game for me, the cannabis license is way too expensive for me, and all the the other things just killed the game for me, I guess this farming server isn't for me, I'll still pop in every once in a while dren, you keep up the great work on the server.

So I quit the farm part of the game, and destroyed all my things, and gave everybody 500$ and one guy 1k.

I had the last straw, I finally made a living out of selling weed and just as I thought everything was fine a loving cop came in, destroyed all my crops and jailed me.

That seriously killed the game for me, the cannabis license is way too expensive for me, and all the the other things just killed the game for me, I guess this farming server isn't for me, I'll still pop in every once in a while dren, you keep up the great work on the server.

So I quit the farm part of the game, and destroyed all my things, and gave everybody 500$ and one guy 1k.

>grows the one illegal cop
>annoyed when he's arrested for it
Come on man, there's 5 other crops you could have grown.

>grows the one illegal cop
>annoyed when he's arrested for it
Come on man, there's 5 other crops you could have grown.
I failed with all but weed, besides I never said I wasn't going to quit the server, I'll play every once in a while, just not all day like I did for a week.

If you didn't want to get arrested for growing illegal weed you shouldn't have put all your funds into it, or just not grow it.
i think its a great addition to make weed illegal without a permit. its gives you something to work for.

i think its a great addition to make weed illegal without a permit. its gives you something to work for.
That would just confuse cops.

Frequently Asked Questions

Since Dren Dran feels like hes not obligated to tell you how his own game works ill do it for him
And Dren Dran feels like hes not obligated to be a actual good host but i can't do anything about that..

Q: How do i begin a farm?

A: Before you can begin you have to go to the agricultural area. Begin by placing a baseplate, choosing your main crop (Weed is not a good beginning crop) which you can find in the farming tab in the bricks menu. Once you place soil (Large soil is used for blueberries and grapes) till your dirt until it maxed and place your crop. From here it becomes more like cookie clicker and you can buy upgrades which are pretty self explanatory.

Q: What are some other jobs?

A: /police /miner

Q: I want to make a house.

A: Residential is perfect for this, its 5 times as cheap to build there.

Q: How do i sell crops and buy crops?

A: /(buy or sell) [crop] [amount]

Q: I forgeted up

A: /reset

Q: I need help with other general stuff.

A: /help

Q: Whats a perfect temperature?

A: 72 is perfect. Below 32 is freezing. Above 100 is too hot. (?)

Q: What is the radius of better sprinklers, heater, weed killer, and auto harvester?

A: 14x14

Q: Whats the radius of the regular sprinkler?

A: 6x6

Q: Can i defend myself?

A: Hammers are okay. You can /buygun for 1100 and /buyammo too.

Q: What is the requirements to sell weed legally?

A: You need a permit. /cannabispermit It costs 10000. Or you can just sell weed illegally, but you will get arrested if your not careful.

Q: What should i do? A (Admin/Hacker) did something they weren't supposed to do!

A: Cry about it. If Dren Dran won't release the game-mode i'm afraid your stuck with this stuffty service.

Q: Some stuff isn't working.

A: The game-mode is being worked on.[/size]

That should be everything.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:38:06 PM by synthesispandabot »

whenever you make long Q&A lists, add a tab before the answer, it makes it a lot easier to read

edit:
lol i meant like this

Q: Some stuff isn't working.

A: The game-mode is being worked on.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:45:55 PM by McZealot »

whenever you make long Q&A lists, add a tab before the answer, it makes it a lot easier to read

k

I love my farm.

so much more astetic than a loving farm tower

so much more astetic than a loving farm tower
Even if my farm tower doesn't look at good at a field of gold, it still produces a forgetton of cash and doesn't take up a lot of space

I have to agree that tower farms don't have a place in the server.
Examples of good farms are those made by Theepicman and TheTurtorn that are large fields on the ground.
Luckily my farm's efficiency wasn't affected by the new height limit.

Because what farm is in a skyscraper?
If you want to make a tower, make it in Residential. 
What about hydrophonic crops?  They could be done in a large building.