Author Topic: Killing Blockland installations through slayer  (Read 20950 times)

Repost from last page because this is a bit important
I am quite pleased with Zapk's quick cooperation with me to fix the issue. In my mind, this makes him a less likely suspect. Now we need to find out who caused it. Before Zapk updated, he sent me a line from his website's logs which he believed at the time was the hijacker.

5.172.248.223 - - [16/Aug/2014:13:16:51 -0400] "GET /domains/ftp.txt HTTP/1.0" 304 - "http://zapkraft.net/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0"

The address 5.172.248.223 does not show up in any logs I have, and it could possibly be made up, but it's probably worth investigating anyways.

I am quite pleased with Zapk's quick cooperation with me to fix the issue. In my mind, this makes him a less likely suspect. Now we need to find out who caused it. Before Zapk updated, he sent me a line from his website's logs which he believed at the time was the hijacker.

5.172.248.223 - - [16/Aug/2014:13:16:51 -0400] "GET /domains/ftp.txt HTTP/1.0" 304 - "http://zapkraft.net/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0"

The address 5.172.248.223 does not show up in any logs I have, and it could possibly be made up, but it's probably worth investigating anyways.
remember
zapk is a very smart person. he is capable of faking anything.

Could not be a proxy considering the ip is from Poland and he is the only one besides Greek2Me with the ftp password. Seems completely legit. Probably some elite hacker that just happens to show up as all this goes down.

But what about the remaining code on line 312? Can't that still do damage?  I know nothing about this kind of stuff though, it may just be that I'm very paranoid.

I don't want to be messing with the code, and I definitely don't want to be playing a game of beat the clock for my Blockland files. Can anyone here hand me an uninfected copy of Slayer? ( Dropbox or Puush, please. )

But what about the remaining code on line 312? Can't that still do damage?  I know nothing about this kind of stuff though, it may just be that I'm very paranoid.

I don't want to be messing with the code, and I definitely don't want to be playing a game of beat the clock for my Blockland files. Can anyone here hand me an uninfected copy of Slayer? ( Dropbox or Puush, please. )
http://puu.sh/aVXQw.zip

Thank god I don't have Support_Updater.

remember
zapk is a very smart person. he is capable of faking anything.
Yeah, I guess this really was him.

Maybe his parents beat him real bad last night or something.

it's a good thing that I haven't been able to play blockland in so long that my slayer isn't updated

...sigh

Now I'm really glad i didn't update my slayer.

No. Once you remove the line that Pecon said to, nothing will happen. The remaining code just defines the function, and it won't screw up your game unless you call the function itself.

Zapk is such a loser, instead of just leaving he announces it and continues to forget up the game in any way he can.
Just loving leave if you hate it and join the stuffty subreddit.

I did some tests with a vanilla version of Blockland, with the 'infected' slayer.
Most files in the base directory would be deleted, mostly important game files.
Add-ons and saves stayed.
Screenshots, all of them, were deleted.

I found out the game crashed before it could delete any more files.
(4 tests)

of course this was intentional lol
why is that even worth questioning

Holy stuff.
I'm guessing this messed up a ton of popular servers

I'm not updating, and I'm so glad I found out before I did.

lego lad caused this. two days ago he brought up a blockland purge. then this happens. #openyoureyes

Now you know why you don't use auto updaters...