Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.

Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 20656 times)

mind explaining whats going on in these 2 pictures because Im a little lost

edit: ok i understand the 2nd picture but not the 1st
Adam Barken is part of the problem. He's one of the Zoe supporters that will threaten, silence, and censor people.

Adam Barken is part of the problem. He's one of the Zoe supporters that will threaten, silence, and censor people.
...and does he ever actually accomplish anything lol

Don't let people like Quinn turn you away from the games industry.
You can still be a nice dude, make nice games, and get a nice amount of appreciation.
And as a gamer, you can just avoid the drama and enjoy the games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo
more InternetAristocrat
A good video. Not sure what's going to happen in the near future, but I can feel a lot of tension in and amongst my friends and teachers so something is happening.

I might be in the wrong here, but I'm still most annoyed about Depression Quest. How are you ever going to raise awareness for a problem if the game isn't:

A) A game
B) Entertaining (As in engaging, not necessarily funny)

I was dead bored out of my mind, and I reckon with about a week anybody else could put together a prototype of something that is far better at doing the job of promoting help and awareness for depression.

I honestly think Gone Home is better than Depression Quest. Maybe even Dear Esther.

http://pastebin.com/j70iHGjS

My ultimate take-away from this entire thing. I'm sure you guys will disagree somewhere, but at this point I'm tired of it, and I just want to get back to making games without seeing the drama posted all over my Twitter, Tumblr and forums.

A good video. Not sure what's going to happen in the near future, but I can feel a lot of tension in and amongst my friends and teachers so something is happening.

I might be in the wrong here, but I'm still most annoyed about Depression Quest. How are you ever going to raise awareness for a problem if the game isn't:

A) A game
B) Entertaining (As in engaging, not necessarily funny)

I was dead bored out of my mind, and I reckon with about a week anybody else could put together a prototype of something that is far better at doing the job of promoting help and awareness for depression.

I honestly think Gone Home is better than Depression Quest. Maybe even Dear Esther.
If she just made it one of those choose-your-own-adventure books and sold it at barnes & noble, unless she sucked off Harry Knowles nobody would give a stuff and this wouldn't have happened.

wait wait wait wait, i thought the five guys thing was five separate, distinct in time incidents? were they coincidental infidelity?

If she just made it one of those choose-your-own-adventure books and sold it at barnes & noble, unless she sucked off Harry Knowles nobody would give a stuff and this wouldn't have happened.
Too right. Let's just hope something good comes out of this in the end.

These videos claims heavily look into the issue of one developer, the creator of Cards Against Humanity, being accused of rape and many gaming sites reporting on his rape accusation, fueling his harassment.
Max Temkin, co-creator of the game, has been accused of rape. Temkin has addressed the accusation and asserted his innocence. It’s all really heavy and serious and it concerns one of the most successful card games ever released. I mean, that game is massive. So it’s weird not to talk about it, right? Why is no-one talking about it? Follow on. - RockPaperShotgun

List of media outlets that reported on CAH's creator's rape accusation and contributed to his harassment: Rock Paper Shotgun, Gawker, TheDailyBeast, Kotaku, Jezebel, TheMarySue. NeoGaf allowed a 17 page thread on it, but mocks and bans any who post about ZQ. There are more that I can't find at a glance.

The difference between Zoe Quinn and Max Temkin? Zoe Quinn is a part of the social justice movement. Max Temkin includes cards in his game that offends the social justice movement. Convenient.

Edit (If an allegation of rape against Max Temkin is somehow games journalism, despite having no connection to gaming and being an accusation without proof, so is this. When the same game journalists claim his rape accusation has everything to do with game journalism and ZQ's potentially unethical behavior with game journalists aren't, well, I find that interesting. One gets a megaphone by them, the other gets duct tape.)

From reddit

also egoraptor confirmed for SJW shill

and the fine young capitalists (the female charity game design event that the Quinn bitch ruined) is being revived with a new campaign on indiegogo

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:30:58 AM by Dodger »

also egoraptor confirmed for SJW shill
Yeah I hate egoraptor.
Both for SJW shilling and what he probably did to Jon.

I'm about to watch the new IA video. Quite excited.