#gamergate megathread

Author Topic: #gamergate megathread  (Read 122701 times)

marcem hasnt really had any strong arguments at all. very unprepared. D-

see me after class

Tip: people don't want to play games by stuffty people like you.  Btw, you're wasting your time if you think looking at design docs is going to make you a better designer.  Make things, not stare at others' things.  Also you're not going to get a career in games when you're as dismissive and arrogant as you.  Around actual industry forums, you would be basically ostracized for being such a prick.  You're not special for being interested in making games.
Making assumptions that I:

A) Am not in industry forums
B) Act exactly like this in industry forums
C) Don't go to design events
D) Am not making things for myself and won't release them since the majority of stuff is either clones or not fun made to increase my skills or fulfil some kind of criteria for a task I've taken on board

If you think reading design documents and then brown townysing the decisions is a waste of time, good for you. For me, it actually helps as I get to see what my favourite game developers were thinking and then brown townyse the decisions in terms of where they were successful and what could have been done better.

Also, you're also super stuffty for thinking that me defending DQ even a little suggests that I don't care what a game is/do not have standards.  Offering criticism, btw, isn't saying "this game is stuffty".  What made you hate the character?  You have said literally nothing of any use to anyone.
And you have? All you've done is come here and bitch about us. You haven't given any strong argument as to why the "game" is actually worthy of anybody's time and why it's a good game. You just went ahead and assumed we're all misogynists because we were actually discussing journalist integrity and I made a comment about how I feel the "game" didn't deserve the level of commentary from these publications that it did.

The problem had less to do with the main character (who I felt was poorly written) and more to do with the "mechanics" not engaging me enough to want to be the character in the first place. There's no feedback loop either, so I got pretty damn bored after the second time pressing a link.

lol "i have female friends"
Ah, so you're allowed to get away with saying that I'm a woman hater, but when I try and justify my position you are welcome to insult me?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:04:57 PM by McJobless »

-hasnt looked at anything but this one forum thread and is generalizing the entire movement based on that-
Go watch some InternetAristocrat videos. He's a major supporter of gamergate. The thing about gamergate is it all started with a femenist named Zoe Quinn (if that's even her real name) cheating on her boyfriend with a bunch of other dudes. She also got a game jam dedicated to women (with a buttload of support from all sorts of people, me included) taken down because they wouldn't pay her for her game idea. This is where it starts getting good: the maker of the game jam posted on reddit that they had tried going to several media outlets about it and nobody would report on it. This started the whole conspiracy towards the gaming media being corrupt. Then people started looking into things and evidence mounted and mounted against them and just recently it was proved that many of the major gaming news websites have a private mailing list, and... well just watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dbi-8rPShE

The entire #gamergate movement is about the corrupt gaming media. There are a few starfishs who just try to dox zoe quinn and make death threats to anita sarkeesian or however you spell it but they're not part of the movement and they're certainly not helping the situation.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:10:32 PM by Ipquarx »

Ah, so you're allowed to get away with saying that I'm a woman hater, but when I try and justify my position you are welcome to insult me?
You sounded like you were using your "female friends" as a tool to make it sound like you weren't a piece of stuff.

Go watch some InternetAristocrat videos. He's a major supporter of gamergate. The thing about gamergate is it all started with a femenist named Zoe Quinn (if that's even her real name) cheating on her boyfriend with a bunch of other dudes.
Nah, I don't have hours to dedicate to a very known starfish.

It all started with a woman (btw, Zoe Quinn isn't her name, it's Zoë Quinn) having a personal relationship not at all related to games.

She also got a game jam dedicated to women (with a buttload of support from all sorts of people, me included) taken down because they wouldn't pay her for her game idea. This is where it starts getting good: the maker of the game jam posted on reddit that they had tried going to several media outlets about it and nobody would report on it.
Sorry if it's a bit long, but they weren't a game jam in the first place, and were pretty stuffty besides: https://storify.com/jbradfield/zoe-quinn-re-tfyc

This started the whole conspiracy towards the gaming media being corrupt. Then people started looking into things and evidence mounted and mounted against them and just recently it was proved that many of the major gaming news websites have a private mailing list, and... well just watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dbi-8rPShE
https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate and the gamergate guys had an IRC with much more damning evidence.

The entire #gamergate movement is about the corrupt gaming media. There are a few starfishs who just try to dox zoe quinn and make death threats to anita sarkeesian or however you spell it but they're not part of the movement and they're certainly not helping the situation.
It started with those guys.  If you're really concerned about the integrity of games journalism, good on you, but gamergate isn't the way to go about that.  The "movement" is real similar to chemtrails people, they require you to watch hour long videos in order to understand it.

Marcem confirmed Phil Fish
Thanks!  Fez was a damn good game.  Sadly though, if you were to log into his e-mail account (seeing as the details got out there as a result of this "movement") I'm not him.

You sounded like you were using your "female friends" as a tool to make it sound like you weren't a piece of stuff.
Using my friends as tools is a repulsive idea to me. I just wanted to point out that if there's one thing I'm not, it's a woman hater.

Thanks!  Fez was a damn good game.
Something I can agree with.

Fallout 1 was pretty deep. You couldn't save everyone, the world was falling apart, society degrading, your own people exile you because they feared for what you became even after saving them.

Deus Ex 1 has lot of relevant issues todays world despite the fact it was a 90s game.

I'm going to ignore the mounds of evidence saying this movement is about journalistic integrity because a minority of gamergate supporters are starfishs.

I'm done. I may be paraphrasing but this is literally what you're saying. You're unhelpable.

Marcem, Moot,  Cliff Bleszinski, and Egoraptor confirmed traitors

I'm done. I may be paraphrasing but this is literally what you're saying. You're unhelpable.
InternetAristocrat is and has been an starfish for a long time.  It's showing when literally all he has posted is against "SJWs".  Also a single video isn't "mounds of evidence".
Marcem, Moot,  Cliff Bleszinski, and Egoraptor confirmed traitors
sweet

his reasoning is really stupid but whatever
Green is not a smart man and he makes no secret of this fact.

InternetAristocrat is and has been an starfish for a long time.  It's showing when literally all he has posted is against "SJWs".  Also a single video isn't "mounds of evidence".
So you aren't going to get informed?

Guys, just ignore him. He really isn't relevant at this point.

So you aren't going to get informed?
Christ, you guys really are conspiracy theorists

skullheart forums have a pretty good thread about everything.

of course, being a skullgirls forum, they're on the much more rational side of things.

Christ, you guys really are conspiracy theorists

u wot m8
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:01:47 PM by ChexGuy331 »