#gamergate megathread

Author Topic: #gamergate megathread  (Read 119991 times)

As far as Sarkeesian, my opinion has always been this; she's welcome to her opinions but she must also accept critcism. She brings up some good points and some bad points, the thing she's mostly alluding to is lazy writing, which I totally agree is a big problem in a lot of games.
Criticism like death threats

Absolutely not death threats or rape threats or any online harassment, and it disgusts me anybody would engage in that just because she has an opinion. However, she can't just ignore valid and respectfully done criticisms.

she got death threats like literally every moderately well opinionated person on the internet, clearly that means we have to respect her opinions more than we normally would

she got death threats like literally every moderately well opinionated person on the internet, clearly that means we have to respect her opinions more than we normally would
Lol, normal people don't have to leave their homes over people legit actually threatening her.  Not like "imma kill you not online irl" this is actually crazy people that may do that.

Lol, normal people don't have to leave their homes over people legit actually threatening her.  Not like "imma kill you not online irl" this is actually crazy people that may do that.
She didn't have to leave her house. If she was really that concerned she should have called the police, not left her house.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:54:06 PM by Ipquarx »

I assume this is referring to ridiculous Tumblr "otherkin" stuff or w/e "condition" that doesn't exist
Wow you heartless oppressor

price is right losing siren

I seriously mean no disrespect, but do you have evidence to back up your claims?

Or is this just an opinion?
Look at his videos again.
He claims many many things without backing almost none of them.
Claim A: Zoe slept with Phil Fish's partner. Phil Fish defended Zoe. There is a clear connection.
First of all, the ONLY 'evidence' that Zoe slept with Phil Fish's partner is from her ex-boyfriend's blog. Ex-boyfriend's blog is NOT a credible source for any level of journalism. This is a level of TMZ. Even if Zoe slept with Phil Fish's partner, how can she influence Phil Fish to do her bidding? It doesn't help InternetAristocrat's credibility when he screams 'I am not afraid of you Phil Fish! You are one hit star!' [Wow such professionalism].

Claim B: Zoe slept with Nathan Grayson. Nathan Grayson put Zoe on her positive light with his articles.
Again, the only evidence that Zoe slept with Nathan Grayson at all was her Ex-boyfriend's blog when the video was posted. But wait! Nathan Grayson admitted that he had relationship with Zoe! [Which doesn't mean that using Ex-blog as only source is professional journalism, but let's move on] Sure, but his more important claim isn't still backed up.
What articles did Nathan Grayson write about Zoe? He must have mentioned her name and Depression Quest multiple times! Actually no. The alleged time point of the relationship is around May or June. He didn't write a single article mentioning Zoe or her game in Kotaku EXCEPT on March, the article about the GAME JAM.
The ONLY article he wrote is 2 months before the alleged time point of the relationship. InternetAristocrat cries conflict of interest . . on an article written 2 months before the alleged time point of the relationship.

Claim C: Kotaku internal investigation?
I guess it wasn't actually a claim. He just casts 'doubt' on the investigation. Do you know why he casts doubt on the investigation? Because he can't pin point to anything definitive to confirm his belief!
I agree that the subsequent censoring of the topic by video game "journalism" websites is pretty stuffty but it's makes it seem more justified when the initial arguments were based on hearsay, biased sources, and blatantly wrong information.

Finally.  I made it.
User was banned for this post
Marcem has made it to the other side
Hallelujah

your troll brown townogy is stuff because the origin of trolls in fantasy was based around them being brutish, angry beings.

you just misunderstand us human scum

But thats gaming journalism for you, they get their facts through BIASED mythology. No ethics at all.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:17:22 PM by Dodger »

comedy gold
lol as if she's wrong by showing a ton of AAA titles that use women in a stuffty way
solid content-packed response 10/10
Absolutely not death threats or rape threats or any online harassment, and it disgusts me anybody would engage in that just because she has an opinion. However, she can't just ignore valid and respectfully done criticisms.
she gets more death threats/rape threats/harassment than actual commentary on her work. it's usually just dismissive "forget that lady" stuff
As far as Sarkeesian, my opinion has always been this; she's welcome to her opinions but she must also accept critcism. She brings up some good points and some bad points, the thing she's mostly alluding to is lazy writing, which I totally agree is a big problem in a lot of games.
yeah, exactly. every commentator has good and bad points, and dismissing sarkeesian's entire message just because one disagrees with certain points is stupid. i'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of the people criticizing her have never watched an anita sarkeesian video
lol 0 people have said that you need to respect her opinions more than you usually would. stuff like this is a prime example of how people bandwagon against campaigns like sarkeesian's just because it's easier to sit on the side where you just take stupid verbal pot shots without actually understanding the issue

lol as if she's wrong by showing a ton of AAA titles that use women in a stuffty way
solid content-packed response

almost 70% of her points are applicable to men too.
Her points are not well researched at all.
she gets more death threats/rape threats/harassment than actual commentary on her work. it's usually just dismissive "forget that lady" stuff
Maybe she should enable the comment section then?
ltyeah, exactly. every commentator has good and bad points, and dismissing sarkeesian's entire message just because one disagrees with certain points is stupid. i'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of the people criticizing her have never watched an anita sarkeesian videolol 0 people have said that you need to respect her opinions more than you usually would. stuff like this is a prime example of how people bandwagon against campaigns like sarkeesian's just because it's easier to sit on the side where you just take stupid verbal pot shots without actually understanding the issue
I have watched all of her videos, and most of her points are wrong or not researched well.