Teneksi's Showroom

Poll

No poll at the moment.

Author Topic: Teneksi's Showroom  (Read 99913 times)

Correction for car-makers: I meant additive and subtractive, not positive and negative.

Fog's a problem of course but, you know, fog's always a problem.

Oops, got a bit of pageloss.

For a fuller explanation, see the previous page.

Recipe so I don't lose it and other car-makers get a visual for what I meant on the last page:
(headlightcover can, with almost no doubt, be parented under the same object as windows with no ill effect. I was just getting desperate when this solution came to me)

"brakeon" and "brakeonflare" being alphabetically below the translucent windows means that they "ignore" the window and the light comes through brightly
see center brakelight here:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:26:43 AM by Teneksi »

Well Eksi, you just brought BL vehicles to the 21st Century.

Also, fog kinda messes up transparency in AAA games too, so don't sweat it too much.

You're not going to believe this car. This car is ridiculous. I'm ridiculous. I came home 10 hours ago thinking "time to finish the CVPI" nope. Didn't do it. Wanna know what I did instead?

I said "oh, right, I need to add that one thing to the normal car." and then I added ten new things that weren't the one thing.

The CVPI got no progress today, but the crown vic itself, as a whole, in a general sense, came closer to oneness with car. How much closer can it get?

That's a good question. It is like Achilles and the tortoise. I add to the car, and the possibilities keep growing. Little by little, I continue adding, always getting closer but never catching up.

This car will never be finished. I will improve it until the end of time.

Looking really good! 10/10 excited for release!

Today I added nothing. I just tidied up the script. Made it more readable. Easier to understand. Easier to transfer to other vehicles.
Fewer lines. More functionality. Less frustration. Thank siba for the gift of moral support and reminding me that loops are a thing.

without siba, this car would not be as it is. in fact, none of them would. Without siba's help, I would not have had the patience to make cars work.

and without having cars I'm compelled to improve, I wouldn't have started scripting so much, either.

I owe many thanks to siba.

if my next update is at 4:50 AM again, I've done something wrong. Tomorrow must see schoolwork done.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 05:56:51 AM by Teneksi »

So wait, did you invent tinted windows now?

So wait, did you invent tinted windows now?
Invent is a strong word, but this is definitely the first time I've seen them this way.

im trying to modify the cvpi so it uses different decals (dont ask)
why are they broken into 2 parts for each side?
also how hard would it be to make a recolorable version

im trying to modify the cvpi so it uses different decals (dont ask)
why are they broken into 2 parts for each side?
also how hard would it be to make a recolorable version
1) because they need to be on the doors, which were supposed to open, but I didn't do that the first time around.

2) maybe quite difficult for you

I think you'd need to put in a transparent texture and name it gray15, which would turn the black parts into recolorable ones, but it would also make all the gray15 parts recolorable.

The new version will be handled differently in such a way that it would actually be pretty easy. I'm using a new script which will allow you to change the appearance of the different variants of the car, but it needs to be scripted in such a way that it can be restricted or have defaults on a server. I'm also in the midst of the final weeks of this semester so it might be a while yet before I get everything together.

You've been an asset to the Blockland community for years, XC.

Good work.

That seems like it took you a lot of time, effort and near crying moments to find out.
Well done sir!
It looks great!

(Bump) Great job on the Crown Victoria :D. It looks great man! (Ok, now everyone can scold me for bumping if they so wish to do so).

Teneksi, Are you gonna make an unmarked police cv interceptor later on? I would really love that.