Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]

Poll

Who smells best

Niblic
Crown

Author Topic: Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]  (Read 307381 times)

although to be fair some of the staff treat players stufftily, although that shouldn't reflect on the whole of the staff
Quite a bit of the admins I've seen are either stuff and don't take action properly, or are good people but ban for 7 days just for an offense that's barely even worth a kick.

But there are a select few who are good people and know how to administrate and make the server fun though, but just a few from what I've seen.

Quite a bit of the admins I've seen are either stuff and don't take action properly, or are good people but ban for 7 days just for an offense that's barely even worth a kick.

But there are a select few who are good people and know how to administrate and make the server fun though, but just a few from what I've seen.
You have no clue what it is like to manage a server like this. With 30 players even it is the hardest server I have ever administrated. Now throw in the fact that it always maxes out for the entire duration and you may just realize that we don't have time to hold a loving senate meeting about each ban and if you forget up we don't want to deal with you again. I actually tried doing it leniently (1-2 round warden/guard bans, kicks etc) and the same people kept taking up all the time of the staff. I understand it's difficult to comprehend the scale of the job if you only see your messages to staff and what they message you back, but at any time we have at least 2 open cases (the good times), have to verify the report, appropriate a punishment and at the same time try to have some fun playing the server. It requires some next level multitasking that luckily most staff members seem to have, but after a while it's inevitable you make mistakes.

And before you say 'Then get more staff' that doesn't really work. It just increases the differences of opinion between staff members and creates confusion for the staff and players. It's not the solution.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:40:48 PM by Dannu »

Dannu, INH is a moderator.
Wait I think I had a mind freeze.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:58:00 PM by #Jeetlor »

I'm actually considering beginning to document reports we get as well as times they are submitted and share them every once in a while so some of you "experts of administration" can get a feel for the stuff that we deal with.

I'm actually considering beginning to document reports we get as well as times they are submitted and share them every once in a while so some of you "experts of administration" can get a feel for the stuff that we deal with.
This seems like a neat idea to show everyone that it isn't as easy as they think.

wtf happened to tund right there. jesus christ

he posted like 5 applications then got pissed and announced he was leaving the forums? what the hell

or a much simpler solution: you could keep the server passworded when there are no mods online

To clarify my last post:
I'm not leaving permanently, but with the current state of things I feel that I need a break from moderating.
I'm more than happy to help at the moment as a last ditch staff though if no others are on, if that happens, hit me up.

To clarify my last post:
I'm not leaving permanently, but with the current state of things I feel that I need a break from moderating.
I'm more than happy to help at the moment as a last ditch staff though if no others are on, if that happens, hit me up.

This server is by far the most difficult I have administrated and I didn't even really take it seriously. Its almost like each admin needs a certain job to do.

wtf happened to tund right there. jesus christ

he posted like 5 applications then got pissed and announced he was leaving the forums? what the hell
or a much simpler solution: you could keep the server passworded when there are no mods online
I'm talking about when we are online? The server is locked when no staff are on.

I know it's hard moderating a server like this, I'm a mod too and I've been through the experiences. Just damn when someone breaks a tiny rule, then don't give him an over-the-top punishment. It's like someone litters and are immediately exceuted, it's just way too much at times and it makes the server feel strict and a bit risky to be on just in-case you accidentally slip up the tiniest of rules.

I know it's hard but you don't need to be hard on the players.

Also Dannu I'm not really saying you're bad, you're pretty good when it comes to this stuff as I've seen, just quite a few other admins seem to always exaggerate the punishment to over-the-top levels which doesn't give the server a good atmosphere, but it's good that you give out reasonable punishments tho
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 05:12:05 PM by Insert Name Here² »

I applied for mod and im not that strict, I think i can help fix this stuff a little bit

None of the servers will post to the master server so I'm just going to restart the box and we'll see what happens.

I think some mods need to understand what Rule 30 is. It states:
30. Prisoners must always follow orders given to "prisoners" even if the Warden chooses to call them something else.

If the warden names prisoners "chicken nuggets", then says "all forgeters to the line", Prisoners that go should be killed because he didn't say chicken nuggets nor prisoners. Caden100 has stated that most mods interpret this rule differently, and that naming prisoners is totally stupid and no matter what the warden refers to them as they must follow it. Either adjust the rule, or tell the administrators to follow it please.

I think some mods need to understand what Rule 30 is. It states:
If the warden names prisoners "chicken nuggets", then says "all forgeters to the line", Prisoners that go should be killed because he didn't say chicken nuggets nor prisoners. Caden100 has stated that most mods interpret this rule differently, and that naming prisoners is totally stupid and no matter what the warden refers to them as they must follow it. Either adjust the rule, or tell the administrators to follow it please.

Fairly certain you're wrong, "prisoners" is in quotes because it refers to the prisoner team, and obviously when the warden says "forgeters go to the line" he means the prisoner team so the rule is fine.