Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1246069 times)

On my way back to base, I got a warning light. I checked the source, turns out I've been leaking hydraulic fluid ever since I got hit earlier. I cut the hydraulic lines to my ailerons and my tail entirely, assuming manual control. I slowed to about 1,000 km/s to make controlling the aircraft by hand feasible.

Even so, it still took me a huge amount of effort to hold the aircraft on a heading, let alone adjust. Once I was within 5 km of the base and I could set my flaps to landing using the hydraulic fluid that didn't leak out, I was able to slow down a LOT more. Luckily this meant I could control everything more easily, and I do so until my wheels hit the runway.

I noticed that the ground crew was giving me a lot of funny looks as I taxied to my hangar. Once I finally got out and looked back at the aircraft, I saw why.

One of the ailerons was at this point limp, as damage to its locking mechanism along with a lack of hydraulic fluid didn't allow it to stay upright. Holes riddled my fuselage and the wing with the bad aileron.

Whatever the case, I took out a paint kit, cleaned up the part of the fuselage that my kills are kept on, and added 2 Jaguars plus a hovercraft. Then I grabbed a sandwich from a vending machine by the exit of the hangar wing I was assigned to, ate the sandwich, and went to go get some shut-eye in my room.

I feel sorry for the guys in charge of fixing my Jaguar.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:41:11 PM by Juncoph »

I feel sorry for the guys in charge of fixing my Jaguar.
The technicians actually seem to have found its condition quite amusing.
: Wow, I'm impressed. Did you make a conscious effort to hit every single bullet fired your way?

"Yes, actually. Back in Huitzitlaotani, we made a game of shooting each other until we passed out from blood loss. It was really fun, except for the dying part."

Either that confused her, or it was so unfunny that she had a minor seizure. Whatever the case, I used my opportunity to finish the trip to my room.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:46:06 PM by Juncoph »

You hear them talking among themselves as you leave.
: Crazy-ass darkie thinks he's funny, doesn't he?

I spin around with a magazine for my pistol in hand, throwing it squarely into the technician's smug face. There's more than enough power behind it to crack a nose.

"I've had it with your xenophobic bullstuff, you damn eels. I get that you grow up with every opportunity handed to you on a platter that's almost as pale as your skin but for forgets sake shut up and do your loving JOB! This is a military compound and you're insulting someone on how they almost loving DIED!"

With every word, I take an imposing step towards the brat, daring her to try and hit me so I can break her stupid loving frame. Same can be said for the girls around her. Snickering like it's a loving school...

he's changed since the incident
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:54:41 PM by Juncoph »

A handful of security personnel show up, and the first thing they see is a large and imposing Huit looming over a technician clutching her nose. You hear the sound of rifles being readied behind you.

: Alright, what the hell is going on here?
: Somebody can't handle the bantz, that's what's going on.
: Uh-huh. You there, pilot, care to explain why her nose is broken?

"Because I threw my service pistol's magazine at it. loving whelp."

"Court martial me, or whatever it is you do to people who have had enough discrimination for a lifetime. I don't enjoy killing people I once lived amongst, and then returning to people who attack me for who I am, as if I'm just another Huit. It's loving despicable what you lot allow. I came to NAUC, and its military, to find a better cause. To finally feel justified in my actions."

"But now..."

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:47:17 PM by Juncoph »

The Mercanans lower their guns, convinced you aren't about to make more of a scene.

: We're not going to court-martial you.
: What?
: You've had this crap attitude for a while, it was only a matter of time before someone put you in your place. As for you, pilot, I'm gonna let you off with a warning, but only this once. Try to keep your temper in check from now on. Bash any more faces in and we'll have to send you to the brig.

I smirk.

Nodding towards the guards, I say,
"Heh. Good to see some people agree."

Then I return to heading back to my room.
"Enjoy bleeding. I wouldn't be surprised if you've lost the gene that clots blood. Not like you'd need it."

I'm in the common room watching the news. Figuring that this is boring, I walk out to the hangars and see a handful of armed guards near Junkers and one of the technicians. I hear a bit of yelling, both from Junkers and the technician, and afterwards catch him walking back to the barracks.
"Hey, what happened in there?"

"Okay but what happened? Was she being a jackass?"

"Yes. Why else would I break her nose?"

"It's sad how they let these prats in. All they do is stir stuff."