ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232118 times)

Jaakko takes his food and parks his ass next to Tippy.

"I got something to show ya," he says.

: Where have you been?
: Psh, she probably never even saw him to begin with.
"Behind the scenes, weaving dastardly plans..."

Tippy raises an eyebrow and runs through a list of people in her head that she hasn't seen in a while.

"Was it that weirdly asthmatic-looking fellow in the mask?"

Jaakko takes his food and parks his ass next to Tippy.

"I got something to show ya," he says.

Tippy looks at Jaakko.

"What is it?"

: Officially, I'm not allowed to tell you.
: Come on, why'd you bring it up then?
: I'm just saying, all things considered the living conditions here are quite nice.
Cualli gives a small shrug. "Not as nice as my home back on base," she sighs. "Pretty sure my plants are dead by now."

Tippy looks at Jaakko.

"What is it?"

"I got a present,"

Jaakko puts the knife on the table and unsheaths it. Engraved into the metal are depictions of Jaakko's career. A Tigershark sideways on a runway, the ruined skyline of Taiton with a burning Imperial airship, a Corsair over the Deltan shoreline, Jalko and Talko, and a Fenrir chasing the Deltan Sky Marshal are all cleanly etched into the metal of the blade in busy artwork on the side facing up.

"So, how much of a paycheck did you drop just to have that made."

"I didn't. My dad sent it up from the ground. He's in the ground forces. Been sending me a lot of engraved stuff up, all of it has been by hand so far but he said he took this to a support company with machining equipment,"

Jaakko flips the knife over, exposing a continuation. Carved into the blade is the take over of the Pertinax, the Battle for Svirask, the Tordenskjold, the Battle of Kronovostok, and a depiction of the ground action afterwards.

"I'm amazed to be frank. From what I remember he didn't used to do stuff like this,"

Ellie finishes her food and gets up to put away her tray.

Ellie finishes her food and gets up to put away her tray.
Ellie and Scorch receive permission for their practice, with Tarkirov simply warning them that the carrier will not be stopping to wait for them and that they should be careful to not be left behind.

Cualli gives a small shrug. "Not as nice as my home back on base," she sighs. "Pretty sure my plants are dead by now."
"I didn't. My dad sent it up from the ground. He's in the ground forces. Been sending me a lot of engraved stuff up, all of it has been by hand so far but he said he took this to a support company with machining equipment,"
"I'm amazed to be frank. From what I remember he didn't used to do stuff like this,"
The engineer nods, still chewing his food. The Kintharian seems to zone out for a while, looking over at Crash and Tippy.

The engineer nods, still chewing his food. The Kintharian seems to zone out for a while, looking over at Crash and Tippy.
Cualli finishes eating her lunch, practically scraping the plate clean. She glances over at Elu.

Cualli finishes eating her lunch, practically scraping the plate clean. She glances over at Elu.
: Good.

Crash glances at the Kintharian with a curious look.

Crash glances at the Kintharian with a curious look.
The glare reflecting off their visor makes it difficult to determine if they're actually staring at you or something behind you. Though they (obviously) aren't wearing the mask, their expression doesn't give you any hints either. It's just the same borderline scowl you recognize as the default expression of half the Kintharians you've ever met. They turn their attention back to the rest of the table a few seconds after you look their way.

"Honestly, I could probably go for seconds," Cualli mutters, looking down at her plate with a bit of a frown. "Dunno if they'd let me."

"Honestly, I could probably go for seconds," Cualli mutters, looking down at her plate with a bit of a frown. "Dunno if they'd let me."
: I do not think it is wise to over-eat.
: I doubt one time is gonna cause problems.

About a half an hour after lunch, Skytracer and Scorch are back up in the air. In the officer's lounge, one of the Kintharians hooked up a feed to the AR helmets on the conditions that they get to stay in the lounge and watch. The TV display is divided into three parts, one for the planes' statuses and two for the helmet camera feeds.
: Well, there you go. Not sure what you're expecting to see unfold, this duel looks like it's over already.

Ellie starts maneuvering to stay out of the Corsair's radar cone. She hits the turbocharger in order to close to missile range faster.