Poll

print((CFrame.Angles(math.pi, 0, 0) * CFrame.new(0, 1, 0)).Y)

Author Topic: [THREAD MOVED]  (Read 459117 times)

this

at this rate it's gonna happen sooner than later

they need to sell it to people who can run it better

Despite the fact that profit is going up and roblox is bigger than ever, you think roblox will shutdown "sooner or later"? Makes no sense. There are young adults making million dollar incomes off of roblox and I'm seeing loving roblox memes out of context. Roblox is not shutting down anytime soon.

""""""""""high quality""""""""""" physics
Disgusting mesh car.

Despite the fact that profit is going up and roblox is bigger than ever, you think roblox will shutdown "sooner or later"? Makes no sense. There are young adults making million dollar incomes off of roblox and I'm seeing loving roblox memes out of context. Roblox is not shutting down anytime soon.

This problem is different by a long shot. Over these past couple of years where bots have been a problem, ROBLOX has shown that they have absolutely no loving idea how to solve it. The only thing they do is cave in and remove features, like the comments section, like TIX, like this servers update. They're basically appeasing the botters at this point.

Press coverage of the site has switched over from overwhelmingly positive to overwhelmingly negative. The only thing ROBLOX does in that regard is, you guessed it, more removal of features. Instead of banning child enthusiasts, they've decided to go full Christian and issue people what are essentially school uniforms, because that will stop them!!!11!1!!1!11!!1!!!!11!

More successful games with looser subscription models, more features and less stuff administrators have crashed and burned quicker and sooner than ROBLOX has. This growth may seem to debunk everything I just said but there's only so much air you can put into a balloon before it bursts.

This problem is different by a long shot. Over these past couple of years where bots have been a problem, ROBLOX has shown that they have absolutely no loving idea how to solve it. The only thing they do is cave in and remove features, like the comments section, like TIX, like this servers update. They're basically appeasing the botters at this point.

Press coverage of the site has switched over from overwhelmingly positive to overwhelmingly negative. The only thing ROBLOX does in that regard is, you guessed it, more removal of features. Instead of banning child enthusiasts, they've decided to go full Christian and issue people what are essentially school uniforms, because that will stop them!!!11!1!!1!11!!1!!!!11!

More successful games with looser subscription models, more features and less stuff administrators have crashed and burned quicker and sooner than ROBLOX has. This growth may seem to debunk everything I just said but there's only so much air you can put into a balloon before it bursts.

I don't support the things they've done to "combat" bots but botting will absolutely not be downfall of roblox. Tix weren't removed because of botting though they claimed that was a small reason.

child enthusiasts are not an issue, that's what the news site claim. They want to make the chat appropriate for the player's age. If you're older(or claim to be) your chat will be less censored than others. What you see is not what everyone sees.

You aren't issued school uniforms, you just can't go into a game in naked body colors. If you want to be neon green or all yellow you can.

"More successful games with looser subscription models, more features and less stuff administrators have crashed and burned quicker and sooner than ROBLOX has"

That is irrelevant. This is roblox, not whatever games you are thinking of. The stats point upwards at the moment, not downwards. You are predicting what you think will happen based on a few choices roblox have made, backed by nothing else than completely different games failing because of other reasons.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:18:17 PM by Alkan »

I don't support the things they've done to "combat" bots but botting will absolutely not be downfall of roblox. Tix weren't removed because of botting though they claimed that was a small reason.

literally every time anyone on the S&I board brings up reinstating TIX, botting is the primary reason given as to why TIX are never coming back

the "inflation" everyone keeps going nuts over is because of bots
ROBLOX itself even gave it as one of their primary reasons as to why there would not be any form of free currency ever again

child enthusiasts are not an issue, that's what the news site claim. They want to make the chat appropriate for the player's age. If you're older(or claim to be) your chat will be less censored than others. What you see is not what everyone sees.

discounting that one of the most famous video makers on ROBLOX is a proven through-and-through child enthusiast (MisterObvious)

if they're trying to "make it more appropriate for younger children" then why are numbers censored? realistically, if they wanted to stop kids going around saying "say 123 for gf!!!11!!1!!!!1!!" then all they'd need to do is censor "gf"
why are they using a whitelist of acceptable words instead of a blacklist of unacceptable words?

You aren't issued school uniforms, you just can't go into a game in naked body colors. If you want to be neon green or all yellow you can.

I just tried this, didn't work
I also didn't say they were "school uniforms" I said that they were, in function, exactly like them

"More successful games with looser subscription models, more features and less stuff administrators have crashed and burned quicker and sooner than ROBLOX has"

Irrelevant. This is roblox, not whatever games you are thinking of. The stats point upwards at the moment, not downwards. You are predicting what you think will happen based on a few choices roblox have made, backed by nothing else than completely different else failing because of other reasons.

I don't know what game you're looking at, but ROBLOX is the butt of all the internet's jokes at the moment
the only meme I've seen come out of ROBLOX is the death sound, not because it's so good but because it's so ridiculous that it gets shoved into dramatic death scenes for a laugh

anyone I've seen play ROBLOX that isn't a richardsucker like DanTDM (dunkey, SuperMega) laughs at how bad the game is and insinuates how childish it is to unironically like ROBLOX despite the fact that every single person I know on ROBLOX and everyone on this topic is at least teenager age

(you can say that's not a representative sample, but IDGAF)

they can roll out as much hi-tech dev stuff as they want, but that's not going to fix the ever-corroding player-dev/admin relationship, the infinite bot spam and the continuous removal of features

they can roll out as much hi-tech dev stuff as they want, but that's not going to fix the ever-corroding player-dev/admin relationship, the infinite bot spam and the continuous removal of features
what i don't get is how they just don't add a captcha or whatever it is to the sign-up page, that'd literally halt botters in their places, and then ban wave all the bots they can since they can't get much more inside, someone mentioned the captcha thing in the forums once so..

and yeah, ban waves take time, i know that, before anyone says anything about "ban waves take a long time to do", but it'd be a good investment of time

edit:

That is irrelevant. This is roblox, not whatever games you are thinking of. The stats point upwards at the moment, not downwards. You are predicting what you think will happen based on a few choices roblox have made, backed by nothing else than completely different games failing because of other reasons.
1. i don't know man, i just go on phantom forces for a game session and suddenly i see a buncha "guests" in my friends list, and some of them have numbers about like bigger than 1 million, people who are unaware of what these botters do will get some crap happened to them and thus parents will probably complain or, at worst, probably sue because their computer got damaged, but i don't know what happens when you check out what happens on the profile pages of botters and what not, if it was very severe then roblox would be losing both potential money and money that they're getting because a parent's child or a paying customer's child decided to see what was on the profile page of a bot named "look at my profile" or something similar

2. fake news!!!!11111
dunno what to say on the child enthusiast bit, never looked too much into that
about the chat, it's just atrocious, it's getting to a point where words that seem okay just get replaced with hashtags instead, including sometimes when you start a sentence with "Well", this impacts things like roleplaying games and maybe the important occasion where communication is very important but hashtags block the message instead

3. joke flies over head

4. *cough* lego universe
and i dunno, a lot of people are getting angry at roblox for their recent decisions these days, probably a significant amount that doesn't speak up on the forums is getting angry and thinking about booking it
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:49:41 PM by Blue Screen »

people keep saying that bots can bypass reCaptcha now, but I won't believe it until I see it

I don't know why they haven't gone with a whitelist instead of a blacklist. They ban numbers not so you can't say "123 for gf" but so you can't give out phone numbers. Of course you can go around it if you insist but that's the whole problem with filtering isn't it? It's not really possible. But you can show the stupid parents that they tried hard to stop it, your kid was just insistent on giving his number out. That's the whole goal of companies trying to filter out bad stuff; to look like they are trying.

It may be a bug that you can't wear just non-skintone colors, it was my understanding that that was okay.

You are seeing random forumers claim roblox removed tix because of bots. In reality they removed it partially for that reason but partially to not be manufacturing money out of nowhere since they were paying developers real money.

That MisterObvious kid isn't a child enthusiast, just an idiot that never got any attention in real life.  He isn't out looking for 9 year old's naked pictures, he's chatting inappropriately to girls three years younger than him offsite and failing at it.

Roblox being a joke matters little. The phrase "there's no such thing as bad publicity" is almost always true. Some of the temporarily top games may be total stuff, but a lot are not. Of course YouTubers are gonna play the stuff games. Why would they play a severely dumbed down GTA game on roblox when they can play a stuffty RP for the laughs?

The staff to player ratio being an issue is a catch 22. Lose players to make that ratio get better = you're dying. Get more players that decrease that ratio = you're dying because it's not enough interaction.

I don't agree at all with the way they have handled the botting problem, I just dont think it'll be their downfall. I don't know why they are being hardheaded about it

That MisterObvious kid isn't a child enthusiast
im sorry what

what i don't get is how they just don't add a captcha or whatever it is to the sign-up page
maybe because the people at Roblox are too loving handicapped to realize that would be the solution to the bot problem

im sorry what

That MisterObvious kid isn't a child enthusiast, just an idiot that never got any attention in real life.  He isn't out looking for 9 year old's naked pictures, he's chatting inappropriately to girls three years younger than him offsite and failing at it.

That MisterObvious kid isn't a child enthusiast, just an idiot that never got any attention in real life.  He isn't out looking for 9 year old's naked pictures, he's chatting inappropriately to girls three years younger than him offsite and failing at it.