things in public shools that piss you off: V2

Author Topic: things in public shools that piss you off: V2  (Read 14847 times)

because work is done at work, not home
Uh, not always. I hope you don't intend to do some form of menial labour for the rest of your life.

i'm fine with working hard at school but schools shouldn't be able to punish me for what I do at home
Why not?

because work is done at work, not home

i'm fine with working hard at school but schools shouldn't be able to punish me for what I do at home
i mean if you don't study and fail tests obviously you should be doing work on your own time, but you shouldn't have to simply because you have to

EDIT: I'm fine with the occasional project or something, but every night is just ridiculous; also, I would be fine with a school day 1-2 hours longer if it meant work stayed at school

um, work in jobs like computer science (or really science in general) requires some work at home

sure, people working don't necessarily like it, but it's a thing of life, sadly

Instilling students with a work ethic and general sense of responsibility is the primary purpose of homework. How can you be expected to get anything done in the real world if you can't even do some simple homework?

Going on fron what Kishgal said, I actually never figured out this why we had a work ethic until the near end of my freshman year. Missed work was piled so high it was a miracle that I made it all up. Learning this responsibility really changed how I view work and homework itself. Learning that ethic early in life practical shapes up how you do work for the rest of your work life.

public schools in general

um, work in jobs like computer science (or really science in general) requires some work at home
the difference is that you've chosen that field and presumably enjoy it
you don't choose to be in school

also there may be SOME work at home but it's not loving 3 hours every single night

the difference is that you've chosen that field and presumably enjoy it
There's no such thing as a perfect job. Any kind of work will always have a toll on a person.

also there may be SOME work at home but it's not loving 3 hours every single night
You're right, it's usually as much as you can possibly cram in before the week is over, lmao.
Grow up.

my school bathrooms don't have trash bins or paper towels anymore. so whenever someone goes to the bathroom due to a bloody nose or so, they have to use the nasty ass toilet paper, then throw it in the trash that's out in the hall.

my school bathrooms don't have trash bins or paper towels anymore. so whenever someone goes to the bathroom due to a bloody nose or so, they have to use the nasty ass toilet paper, then throw it in the trash that's out in the hall.
man, i hate this big dumb "green" movement that's making stuff like that happen
how long until we have mechanical ass-scrapers to replace toilet paper

cheese-grater attachment.

Hmmm... off the top of my head,
- When the School uses really, really badly painted miniatures for a WWI Diorama.
--(as in splotches of paint everywhere, clearly done by someone who doesn't give a stuff)

- Everytime the school mentions they are stalking our Facebook accounts for bad press.
-- Legit, kid got suspended (might have been expelled) for talking stuff about a teacher.

- Maintenance on something that's still serviceable.
-- Fine, nice beautiful brick formation replaced with a giant block of concrete.
-- Repainted bulidings that have the paint peel off two months after

- Uptight teachers who will ask you to remove undershirts cause they are
1. Not allowed unless Cold Weather
2. Not in colours specified
3. Visible

And lastly, when the school effectively places a press ban on every student due to 30+ students getting suspended for watching / participating in a fight.
(Most were spectators, only 2 were fighting and they have decided to use the, if you're watching and not actively breaking up the fight, you are part of the fight)

man, i hate this big dumb "green" movement that's making stuff like that happen
how long until we have mechanical ass-scrapers to replace toilet paper
Toilet paper isn't even un-green.
It's rapidly bio-degradable, hence the fact that it quickly falls apart when wet.
And it can be created from recycled paper.
And new toilet roll can be sourced from reliable tree farms and well-managed forests.

I only purchase toilet roll that is marked with FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) seal, and that says that the company that owns that product works with the FSC, an international company that helps businesses connect with responsible tree farms and forestry, where trees are cut down and replaced.
And I don't go looking for the FSC logo really, since almost all toilet rolls I could get my hands on are already signed up with the FSC.

More things I hate:
  • The fact that people pour 10 million tons of perfume or body spray all over themselves.(My nose already sucks star fish, please, mercy!)
  • The fact that I keep on smelling the teachers making popcorn D:
  • WHEN WILL THE GODDAMN '9+10=21' MEME DIE OUT

when was that a meme anyway i've only seen it on 2 websites

when was that a meme anyway i've only seen it on 2 websites

It's like a middle school or maybe high school thing.

It's like a middle school or maybe high school thing.
ive never heard of it until it was pointed out here, then my nephew and niece said it once and that was the last I've heard of it