Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 597434 times)

wah wah i meant karma
olol. ye their karma system sucked.

Why wouldn't Bethesda let Obsidian make future Fallout games if they own the IP and still get a ton of cash and credit for it? Other than spite.

Why wouldn't Bethesda let Obsidian make future Fallout games if they own the IP and still get a ton of cash and credit for it? Other than spite.
Obsidian really has their hands full with Armoured Warfare, afaik, and it shows. It's a very fun game.

Yeah Armored Warfare is very polished. One of my buddies loves the game.

Depends on if Obsidian even wants a shot at making a fallout game again.

Also they may not want to oversaturate the market.
Bethesda is typically pretty good at setting ample time between products to avoid boring their audience and building a natural hype, and at any rate we probably won't see another Fallout game for 2-3 years minimum.
We'll probably see an Elder Scrolls next as it is 4 years since Skyrim and almost 2 years since TESO.

After a few years, of course
But I'd imagine the original Fallout crew is still in love with it and willing to do more

Actually it's a funny story about that.

Obsidian was given an impossible task of completing a game in 1 year and a half years worth of time. I'm sure the studio was stressed out way more than Bethesda's game studio as Bethesda has an average of 4 years per game.

So I'm sure everyone knows the 85% metacritic bonus bullstuff (if you don't then google it). If the game had 85% on metacritic NV would get an increased bonus (not royalties) the game ended up getting 84%. They didn't get that increased bonus payout and had to cancel some projects because of it
(Score probably would have been higher if Bethesda didn't rush Obsidian on the bug testing, if Bethesda gave them another month to fix some bugs the game would have done better. People say NV is known for it's bugs but that's only because Bethesda rushed them.)

Obsidian asked to help on Fallout 4, Bethesda denied them.

Obsidian states they will no longer do deals with metacritic as it's unfair and completely bullstuff.

After all this crap Obsidian still requests that they would like to make a New Vegas 2. Bethesda still hasn't given them a definitive answer yet.

They care about Fallout so much that they would deal with Bethesda's loving bullstuff just to do it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:22:42 AM by Lord Tony® »

holy stuff shut the forget up tony

Yes I am aware of all that, but why does Bethesda have to be an ass about it was my question

holy stuff shut the forget up tony
he raises good points

instead of hating tell him why he is wrong?

Yes I am aware of all that, but why does Bethesda have to be an ass about it was my question

Because Bethesda gave them an impossible task of handing them an engine they never used before and told them "you got 1 year or your stuff is scrapped."

So this random company who never used this engine before and only had 1 year to make this game somehow managed to figure it all out, get the game done and show how NV out performs Fallout 3 and Skyrim (except in graphics) every way possible.

It must have hurt their ego.

he has good points but he repeats them to the point its insanity

They also don't sell any New Vegas merchandise on their online store.

There is a few NCR shirts but it's possible that it's a Fallout 2 reference instead.

They don't even make snowglobes for christmas.

They also don't sell any New Vegas merchandise on their online store.
There is a few NCR shirts but it's possible that it's a Fallout 2 reference instead.
one thing that's really wierd is that like, they don't sell any Fallout 3 stuff either.
It's like both the games are really loving old and no one wants/needs the old merch anymore because it's not profitable to sell it.

they don't sell any Fallout 3 stuff either.

Yes they do and in fact they even keep releasing new things for Fallout 3. These items came out recently, this year recently.