Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 595249 times)

so.... uh..
as I've said before, I use godmode. and, a couple of days ago, I decided to jump into the lava pit at the ironworks place
and now, my body's like, janked. whenever I crouch there's a big piece of meat in the middle of my screen, and if I open my pip-boy the whole screen just turns black
when I'm in third person, you can see little meaty bits sticking out of my body. and when I'm sitting down in first person you can see quite a lot of it to the far left and right

does anyone have any idea about how I can fix this? maybe I just shouldn't have stepped into the lava in the first place but it's too late for that
you know how limbs can gib when people die?

thats you, right now. your limbs (and by extension, you) are dead but you are in godmode so
heres this paragraph from the wiki

Warning: This will irreversibly screw up your character should you encounter a kill animation (e.g. Deathclaw evisceration) which can lead to your limbs or head being replaced by gibs causing permanent crippling debuffs (perception or agility at 0), inability to equip gear for the affected slots and all your character's dialogue being skipped (in case of a mauled head). While the visual effects can be solved by entering/exiting power armor, the permanent 0 for SPECIAL stats and your mute player character are impossible to restore and force you to reload a previous save

I don't have any of those other issues, but power armor didn't fix the visual stuff
it's not that big of a problem, I can deal with it. it's just annoying that I can't use my pip-boy while I'm sneaking

I uploaded a video of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8owZ0BJZa4
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:58:53 AM by Foxscotch »

I recall getting pretty spooked at one point when I saw a brotherhood initiate run around a corner at me, missing a head and left arm. Turns out he'd gotten pretty forgeted up by a deathclaw but somehow managed to live on with no head.

I got spooked by walking out of Virgil's cave and seeing a Legendary Glowing Deathclaw. forgeter didn't see me tho. I came back two in-game days later and completely forgeted his stuff.

I recall getting pretty spooked at one point when I saw a brotherhood initiate run around a corner at me, missing a head and left arm. Turns out he'd gotten pretty forgeted up by a deathclaw but somehow managed to live on with no head.
I really wish limb dismemberment (not including head) of humans wasn't an always fatal thing.
So that an enemy could cower if there arm was removed, or would resort to poorly aimed attacks with 1-handed weapons, and losing legs meant they would crawl away, or just sit and scream.

Then we could have amputee npcs. I would love to see an npc with some salvaged robot legs used as fake limbs, or sitting on the jet of a Mr. Handy, or even just more people using power armour frames like Proctor Ingram.

Not that the stories in NV were remotely interesting anyway. It was just a bunch of stuffty, boring-as-all-forget factions jerking each other off in the desert. The good thing about this idea was that it was SO SIMPLE it would be hard to forget it up like how Fallout 3 got forgeted up. Bethesda could EASILY do something like this for Fallout 4, they just decided not to, because it would be handicapped as all forget. I could come up with a back-up storyline on the spot right now.

So you're saying the Yessman option is handicapped? Did it ever occur to you that people pick Yessman because they want the strip for themselves and they don't care about the other factions?

Consider your mentality of "boring as all forget factions jerking each other off" then you would think you would join Yessman's side and screw all factions. That's what I did.

Plus isn't Fallout 4 a bunch of "boring as all forget factions jerking each other off" doing the exact same stuff? Your choices is actually more limited with Fallout 4.

Idiot-proofing =/= good story telling.

Oh yeah? So 1 idiot proof essential character in NV is apparently worse than like 20+ idiot proof essential characters in Fallout 4? How about the 100+ idiot proof essential characters in Skyrim?

So Fallout 4 has a better story because it has more idiot proofing mechanics? So the less idiot proofing mechanics the worse the story is?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 09:00:38 AM by Lord Tony® »

I really wish limb dismemberment (not including head) of humans wasn't an always fatal thing.
So that an enemy could cower if there arm was removed, or would resort to poorly aimed attacks with 1-handed weapons, and losing legs meant they would crawl away, or just sit and scream.

That's pretty gnarly. I love it.

So you're saying the Yessman option is handicapped? Did it ever occur to you that people pick Yessman because they want the strip for themselves and they don't care about the other factions?
Consider your mentality of "boring as all forget factions jerking each other off" then you would think you would join Yessman's side and screw all factions. That's what I did.
Plus isn't Fallout 4 a bunch of "boring as all forget factions jerking each other off" doing the exact same stuff? Your choices is actually more limited with Fallout 4.

All the options are handicapped. They all have the exact same goal to do the same stuff and the game doesn't even continue after the game ends, so it's not like legitimately any of those options even matter like at all. You could pick a faction with ene-meeny-miney-mo and none of it would make a loving difference. In Fallout 4, depending on which side you choose, entire portions of the map get obliterated during the ending, and the game continues after the ending as well, and you end up making friends and enemies, ect.

The game Hatred doesn't have any essential characters either. Because the game has no loving storyline. If Fallout 4's story was "you wake up somewhere, also nothing you do matters at all" then it wouldn't need any essential characters either. Also: there is no 'Yes Man' equivalent character for Fallout 4's particular story line that would make any reasonable amount of sense. So yeah, it would be loving handicapped.

Oh yeah? So 1 idiot proof essential character in NV is apparently worse than like 20+ idiot proof essential characters in Fallout 4? How about the 100+ idiot proof essential characters in Skyrim?

So Fallout 4 has a better story because it has more idiot proofing mechanics? So the less idiot proofing mechanics the worse the story is?

You're missing the point. New Bagel's story was so flat-out simple that they didn't need any essential characters. The story consisted of waking up in the desert and then you bllaarrrgh hum gunurrfff durrrr for ??? reason, and then suddenly the faction of your choice has control of the strip or the dam or whatever. You don't NEED any essential characters for that story. Do you get that? The simpler your story is, the less essential characters are needed. The more complicated your story is, the more essential characters are required. Seriously, amnesiac characters are the easiest characters to write in the world. New Vegas' story line was hardly impressive and I wouldn't of wanted to see it reflected in Fallout 4 at all. When it comes time that I want to play as a different character with a different backstory, I will download an alternative start mod.

Did it even occur to you that some people might not like the idea of accidentally killing someone and in the process locking themselves out of huge parts of quests without their knowledge? That's why the essential characters are there: so you CAN go on murder rampages without the fear of accidentally loving yourself over game-play wise. And for people who DO want to lock themselves out of the game for reasons unbeknownst to all, you can download a mod (it's an INCREDIBLY easy one to make).

Also why do you need +16 lines for 5 sentences you numbskull?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 10:46:20 AM by Rally »

Fallout 4 has nothing but idiot proofing characters.

They even had to idiot proof a dog because they don't want people crying it died.

Fallout 4 has nothing but idiot proofing characters.

This sentence doesn't even make sense. And mortal companions would just be more garbage to micromanage.

This sentence doesn't even make sense. And mortal companions would just be more garbage to micromanage.

Yeah because now you have no consequences!

Oh you see a super mutant Self Delete bomber? Just send the dog in, the dog can't die.

Super fun, no consequences.

You can't seriously expect the player to be fully responsible for companion AI.

Also, why would they send in a melee based companion to fight an enemy that explodes into a nuclear blast when you get within melee range? Did you even think this post out?

You can't seriously expect the player to be fully responsible for companion AI.

That's why they give you commands to force the companion to charge directly into the super mutant Self Delete bomb!!!!

I've seen better companion AI from a game called Freedom Fighters.

They should have just made it so you could recruit settlers as a companions instead so if they die it doesn't matter as much. You can always recruit more later on.

That's why they give you commands to force the companion to charge directly into the super mutant Self Delete bomb!!!!

They should have just made it so you could recruit settlers as a companions instead so if they die it doesn't matter as much. You can always recruit more later on.

So instead of having a range of characters with unique backstories, personalities and individual perks, who keep track of your behavior and develop a respect/disrespect for you based on their individual morals, you'd rather just have a bunch of generic randomly generated nobodies to follow you around that just kinda die whenever?

I'm starting to understand why you prefer stories with no essential characters. You have the emotional intelligence of an ant.

Honestly if they removed the normal companions and made it so you can recruit any old settler into your personal army the game would have been much better. The settlers aren't over powered. If they die you still have basically an endless supply of settlers to recruit.

If all your companions died in Fallout 4 I guess you would have no more companions left. However settlers are unlimited so it doesn't matter, does it?

So instead of having a range of characters with unique backstories, personalities and individual perks, w

Ummm the Fallout 3 and 4 companions are boring.

At least the NV companions had actual quests to give you.