Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 131295 times)

I made a DTS plugin for the latest version of Blender. It adds options to import and export DTS and DSQ files. No need to go through 2.49b or Shaper anymore.
It should be compatible with "mostly" any Blender version after they switched to Python 3. I currently develop on Blender 2.77. Help and contributions are very welcome!
The biggest issue right now is that you can only animate with empties, not bones. Since all your actions can't be under the same armature, this makes working with multiple animations in the same file very difficult.

Development repository & downloads
Work-in-progress FAQ (feel free to suggest questions to add)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:50:38 AM by portify »

Am looking forward to this.

port, how are you so cute? please tell me your secrets!

port, how are you so cute? please tell me your secrets!
Still mine, NiXiLL

Still mine, NiXiLL
i'll give you my butt if i can have a taste of port

i'll give you my butt if i can have a taste of port
I only need port's

Great progress! The DTS exporter can now actually export geometry directly from Blender (rather than that hardcoded plane mesh).

why are you so awesome

I don't understand why nobody has even attempted something like this before.  Virtually all the resources are handy and it's lots of fun.  It was on my bucket list but I would've had to finish a few things before starting.

I don't understand why nobody has even attempted something like this before.  Virtually all the resources are handy and it's lots of fun.  It was on my bucket list but I would've had to finish a few things before starting.
This is what I said
.. And then I watched port create this over teamviewer.

I don't ask that question anymore.

Things go pretty quick when you've got the source and many examples ;o

Flat shading is achieved by splitting faces by certain edges (thus making duplicates of the vertices). If you can somehow tell your exporter to do that, then you could tick off one more item from your to-do list

we should make port president