Author Topic: So I just found out my mom has lung cancer.  (Read 26231 times)

um. why would you think anyone would believe you then ocelot

honestly you just shouldn't have posted it, if it is true you're better off getting sympathy and support from actual irl friends rather than a bunch of (relatively) anonymous strangers online that more than likely wouldn't have believed you in the first place.

If it is true, I hope she makes it through. If it isn't, forget you for faking an illness.

last time i went for a physical the doctor touched my weenie

i have brain tumours according to that diagnoses

I want to watch how this plays out. As an EMS provider I'm trained to give the benefit of the doubt. However if it turns out he is actually lying, that is a new type of low.

You loving richardheads
How would you loving feel if you mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and people said you were loving lying? You people think whenever I even say "Hi" I'm lying or it has to do with Harvard. You people need to learn how to grow up.
if my mom had lung cancer I wouldn't report it to a forum. Knowing your past of lying why the forget would you expect anyone to listen to you?

I want to watch how this plays out. As an EMS provider I'm trained to give the benefit of the doubt. However if it turns out he is actually lying, that is a new type of low.
Don't even give him the benefit of the doubt. All sources I can find online give a minimum 2 day waiting period for biopsy results (even though there's no way they'd give his mom a CT scan and perform a biopsy in a single day).

Also, what kind of family practitioner works on a loving Sunday?

if my mom had lung cancer I wouldn't report it to a forum. Knowing your past of lying why the forget would you expect anyone to listen to you?

ay I'd report it to the forum.

I mean I'd be happy about that, but I'd also post about an actual loved one dying or something

AFTER everything gets sorted out. maybe. might be emotionally unstable so I could do anything I dunno

but I'd also post about an actual loved one dying or something
my mom actually is dying you starfish

Badspot

• Administrator
He will probably throw a tantrum because we didn't believe his story.

stuff, he was already throwing the tantrum by the time I finished my post.  Damn.  You'll just have to trust me guys, I knew ahead of time.  The pathological liars always get angry when called out or proven wrong.

They get a dopamine surge from the manipulation - like the socialization reward section of their brain is broken and they get a nice feeling of belonging when they trick people into feeling sympathy or admiration for them.  They anticipate that reward hit and when you take it away they instantly get cranky and it's very hard for them to hide.  

You're not going to see an advanced Machiavellian ruse from this guy because it's an impulsive addiction, not an effort to actually cynically manipulate people.  He probably hasn't thought the lie through at all.  

why the forget would you expect anyone to listen to you?
You're right, he shouldn't expect it here, because evidently not many people here can even begin to understand the concepts of grace, mercy and forgiveness.

Even though your story is completely inconsistent with the actual process of cancer diagnosis?

oh that wasn't anything against you. I was saying that MY mom isn't an actual loved one.

but you're still totally lying, and if you're not, you have completely destroyed your reputation so we have no reason to believe you, mr. boy who cried wolf.

Can anyone on this forum be less heartless? He's telling us that his MOTHER has lung cancer, wouldn't you first give your condolences? Scumbags.

It's enough that this forum is filled with complete and utter introverted creeps.

stuff, he was already throwing the tantrum by the time I finished my post.  Damn.  You'll just have to trust me guys, I knew ahead of time.  The pathological liars always get angry when called out or proven wrong.

They get a dopamine surge from the manipulation - like the socialization reward section of their brain is broken and they get a nice feeling of belonging when they trick people into feeling sympathy or admiration for them.  They anticipate that reward hit and when you take it away they instantly get cranky and it's very hard for them to hide.  

You're not going to see an advanced Machiavellian ruse from this guy because it's an impulsive addiction, not an effort to actually cynically manipulate people.  He probably hasn't thought the lie through at all.  

Badspot, you're an starfish.