Reverie Fort Wars

Poll

and how does this poll make you feel?

the old poll was better
a sudden urge to kill my father and seduce my mother
hungry
large and in charge
like a plastic bag

Author Topic: Reverie Fort Wars  (Read 24431 times)

I notice a lot of people keep switching tribes, despite the item loss. I was thinking, to avoid too many people from switching, that you would have to use crystals to switch tribes, make tribe switching endgame please.

I notice a lot of people keep switching tribes, despite the item loss. I was thinking, to avoid too many people from switching, that you would have to use crystals to switch tribes, make tribe switching endgame please.
Once religions are implemented, people will not be able to switch to a new tribe so easily. They will only be able to abandon their tribe and will have to gain religious favor with the religion of another tribe to join it. Until they join another tribe, the members of the tribe they deserted will gain favor for killing them.

I think religions will really spice up gameplay again. The server got dull with just bases and pointless skirmishes based upon lore rivalries

I'm excited to see some of the tribes powers implemented along with gods and a purpose to killing.
Will Sarti deal more dagger damage while cloaked? I read this really cool trilogy when I was in highschool about Wetboys (lol)

Basically followed these two assassins that had knowledge in all forms of weapons, potion and poison brewing, and they possessed (or at least the elder passed onto the youth) a stone that granted magical strength, agility, and it's key power being stealth. That and if I remember correctly it changed some relic sword into like some all black blade with a firey-blue glow

TL;DR cloaked Sarti should crit with dagger

TL;DR cloaked Sarti should crit with dagger
A charged sanguite/sinnite dagger hit from behind will deal 120 damage as it is. I don't think there's much need to go higher than that at the moment.

I'm opening up the design document to public scrutiny (i.e. please give feedback). At the moment, everyone can comment within the doc.

so will a charged sinnite dagger instakill someone with full HP and sinnite armor? Or is it geared to be more like a fight starter so the other person is severely disadvantaged

also holy forget you google docs the right way, I could take notes about your notes

so will a charged sinnite dagger instakill someone with full HP and sinnite armor? Or is it geared to be more like a fight starter so the other person is severely disadvantaged
A charged sinnite dagger hit from behind deals 120 damage. Sinnite armor reduces damage taken by 50%, so that would deal 60 damage. With the Sarti bonus to dagger damage, that's increased to 132 damage, or 66 damage after armor reduction. I have a pretty good idea of what feels fair with regards to stealth/backstabs from stalker DM and that seems about where I'd want it.

After a successful backstab against an armored target it would generally be a good idea to switch to a sword to finish them off, as daggers are a bit unwieldy to use outside of an ambush situation. The HP, positioning, and surprise advantages granted by the dagger hit from stealth should definitely tilt the fight in favor of the ambusher. If that turns out to not be the case, stealth attacks could grant a damage bonus.

I definitely prefer to throw numbers at things and see how they work in an actual situation than to try and guess at everything else that could be playing into the situation.

I've gone ahead and taken the server down for now. I'm sure it's long overdue. Once I finish this monstrosity of an update I'll put it back up with a fresh world and a full wipe of all data.

Here's the full list of completed changes so far:
  • The default tribes are now Sarti and Mediir.
  • The Sarti tribe's color has been reverted to yellow to make it more easily distinguishable from Eristia.
  • Arrows have been replaced with quivers. Quivers are equipable and occupy the back slot. Bows will fire arrows from the currently equipped quiver. Quivers do not ever run out of arrows.
  • Added leather (crafted with 3 flesh), leather gloves, leather boots, cloth cape, and cloth robes. These items only affect the player's appearance.
  • Items that you pick up will now no longer automatically equip if you already have something equipped in the slot the item would occupy.
  • The Faerie bow is now slightly slower, but fires a second arrow that will arc toward where the target will be when it arrives. This arrow does half damage.
  • Armor now has more noticeable effects. All armors have had the protection they grant increased, with greater increases for higher quality armor. The movement speed modifiers applied by armors have been made more noticeable as well, but are generally more generous.
  • Nithlite and sinnite armor now reduce the rate at which mana is consumed.
  • Crystal items (currently using non-unique models)
    • For now, players will obtain crystal over time while they are in the server. In the future, crystal will be earned by earning religious favor.
    • All crystal items in your possession will be lost upon death.
    • The crystal quiver currently does yet fire explosive arrows.
  • Footstep and jump/landing sounds, based on the material you're walking on
  • Menu improvements
  • Cloth bandage, pishelva, and hoborchakin added
    • The pishelva is the "drink me" potion from Alice in Wonderland, and the hoborchakin is the "eat me" cake.
    • The crimson, vorpal, and fleshweaver's potions appear in the menu and are craftable but not yet scripted.
  • The photometallisynthesis lens now has a custom model (thanks to Mr Noßody).
  • The sanguimetallisynthesis wand now has a model (thanks to Mr Noßody) and is scripted.
  • Human NPCs with stone, calcite, and sanguite equipment now spawn.

I want to complete the pyromancy wand, ossimetallisynthesis staff, and scripting of treasure chests before I put the server back up. That shouldn't take long.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:56:17 AM by Amade »

Can't wait for the server to get back up!

Bad news, guys. The server is dead according to Amade, but he sent me the gamemode files. What do I do with them? Send them to someone who can improve it? Host it myself? I don't know what to do, this really sucks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:53:12 PM by GMO Ferret »

Bad news, guys. The server is dead according to Amade, but he sent me the gamemode files. What do I do with them? Send them to someone who can improve it? Host it myself? I don't know what to do, this really sucks.
Did he give you permission to release them? If he did, you could throw them over to me and I could probably package it into a gamemode or something. Otherwise you probably shouldn't be sending them to anyone.

Did he give you permission to release them? If he did, you could throw them over to me and I could probably package it into a gamemode or something. Otherwise you probably shouldn't be sending them to anyone.

yeah it's dead I'm doing other stuff ATM

here's RFW if you want to mess with it, revive it, distribute it, etc
-

if you need help figuring out how to work it drop by #notahashtag on freenode but I don't want to get sucked back into working on it

Sure, you seem like a pretty good guy for this. I'm pretty sure it's working add-on right now, but it isn't finished. The cool thing is, it's just a really well-made survival sandbox with fantasy elements in it; you can turn this into whatever you want. Good luck, Pecon!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:10:28 AM by GMO Ferret »

That really is a shame. It was a great gamemode with lots of potential.

I am hosting it for old times sake. You and Amade are admins if you want to hop on a bit.

Edit: It is not currently working sorry.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:55:21 PM by rggbnnnnn »

i realized the colorset page is gone

can i have a download link to it

i realized the colorset page is gone

can i have a download link to it
The version I released has the real colorset now.