C++ port of Minecraft PE for Windows 10

Author Topic: C++ port of Minecraft PE for Windows 10  (Read 5517 times)

https://mojang.com/2015/07/announcing-minecraft-windows-10-edition-beta/

They're attempting to revive Minecraft by making an OS exclusive version on an OS that can already play the definitive version of Minecraft.
The only way anyone will ever buy it is if it had stuff that's exclusive to that version, and that would just piss everyone off.

It will apparently be closer to the mobile edition than to any other, as it will have features from that game, optional touch controls, and you can play multiplayer with people playing the mobile edition.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:31:31 AM by blueblur121 »

To be fair, microsoft is backing mojang so their word goes. Probably was just them tieing in a game into Windows 10.

they've done what the community couldn't do, and now they're monopolizing it
this is all the reason and more to port the game to C++ before they release this for money

why can I only play with 7 people
through xbox live
which I do not have

why can I only play with 7 people
through xbox live
which I do not have
It's referring to the Xbox Live app that will come with Windows 10. Not something you have to pay for.
It pretty much is a video game friends list that uses your Microsoft account.

they've done what the community couldn't do, and now they're monopolizing it
this is all the reason and more to port the game to C++ before they release this for money
Actually, it's just a pocket edition port for the Windows 10 store.
https://www.reddit.com/r/minecraft/comments/3c3e5m/announcing_minecraft_windows_10_edition_beta/csry0j5
That's also why you can only play with 7 people.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:32:50 AM by blueblur121 »

It's referring to the Xbox Live app that will come with Windows 10. Not something you have to pay for.
It pretty much is a video game friends list that uses your Microsoft account.
Actually, it's just a pocket edition port for the Windows 10 store.
https://www.reddit.com/r/minecraft/comments/3c3e5m/announcing_minecraft_windows_10_edition_beta/csry0j5
That's also why you can only play with 7 people.
wow ok that cleared up confusion

I'll probably get this to try it out

Absolutely unneeded. If you're going to buy minecraft on the PC, why would you buy anything but the official full version instead of a version with features arbitrarily picked out of it?

If you’re one of the 20 million(!) players who have the PC edition of Minecraft (referred to by techy people as the Java version) you’ll be able to download Windows 10 Edition Beta from the Windows 10 store for free.
Players who download “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition” during the beta phase will still have the game when it comes out of beta, and receive all future updates to the game at no additional cost.
thanks mojang :)

unfortunately i don't have a touchscreen pc to use it with :(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:44:19 AM by dargereldren »

thanks mojang :)

unfortunately i don't have a touchscreen pc to use it with :(
Keyboard/mouse works too as well as any controllers you have.
It's Windows 10 remember. The whole "every kind of PC under one OS" thing still applies.

Absolutely unneeded. If you're going to buy minecraft on the PC, why would you buy anything but the official full version instead of a version with features arbitrarily picked out of it?
It's free for users who own the Java version of Minecraft.
Also it's still in beta. By the time it's finished it'll be caught up and have its own exclusive features.
And if you get it during the beta, you will have the full version as well when it's released.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:45:11 AM by blueblur121 »

It's free for users who own the Java version of Minecraft.
Also it's still in beta. By the time it's finished it'll be caught up and have its own exclusive features.
Here's what I want to know:
1. Will it have the same level of modding support? Obviously existing mods won't work for it, but will it have support for new mods?
2. If I remember correctly, minecraft pocket edition only had creative mode. Will this have survival mode?

Here's what I want to know:
1. Will it have the same level of modding support? Obviously existing mods won't work for it, but will it have support for new mods?
2. If I remember correctly, minecraft pocket edition only had creative mode. Will this have survival mode?
1. In the above reddit post, a dev says that there won't be modding support for now.
2. PE has had survival mode for a long time now. Even if it didn't, their goal with it is to get it caught up to the Java version.

Most people can't even run this bloated Java mess above 10fps, at least PE will be playable.

Most people can't even run this bloated Java mess above 10fps, at least PE will be playable.
I got it to run at a solid 30 fps on a laptop that is nearly 10 years old. (I don't have specs, but it was running Lubuntu at the time)
I've never had any trouble with that.
If you can't run it, that's your problem.

https://youtu.be/_Vy9BeSYV3Q?t=3m37s
Guys they fixed boats.

Also, this is probably what we saw working with the hololens.

Ok so there are a huge amount of rumors, and guess what? 90% of them are fake.
You can play with more than 7 people, xbox live is not required but is required to play with xbox one players, this is not minecraft pocket edition, it is based on the same principal of using c++ instead of java, the only reason it is an "exclusive" is because its completely recoded from the ground up, once its out of beta I'm sure it will be ported to other operating systems, and modding is not supported at the moment, but give it some time and mods will start to show up just like Minecraft Indev and Alpha.

You guys would not believe how many damn articles I had to go through to get actual credible answers about this, because at first I though it was going to replace the desktop version ( That it kind of is supposed to considering its going to be a modern app and not a win32 program) but yeah, its just more rumors that are spread from people who hate Microsoft.

I don't make stuff up, so if you want to believe, good for you, if not well I can't change everybody's mind.

Also for anyone wondering the reason it works better than the java version is because the java version is incredibly un-optimized and this is a C++ Modern App built from the ground up.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:28:51 AM by ZERØ »