Poll

What alignment would you like to see expanded in Mafia Madness? (elaboration appreciated)

The Innocents
15 (29.4%)
The Mafia
8 (15.7%)
Unaligned Good
2 (3.9%)
Unaligned Neutral
11 (21.6%)
Unaligned Evil
8 (15.7%)
Something else?? (elaborate in post)
7 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Mafia Madness (too) [BETA] [OFFLINE] [Public Beta v2.2.1; Deathville v1.1.0]  (Read 24525 times)

Amnesiac remembers they were a Clown!

role suggestion:
insane inno- inno that randomly turns up suspicious or innocent when investigated

tracker- innocent that can place tripwires that play a bell sound when someone trips over them

hacker- can change role of dead bodies, but starts off with 1 hack. when he kills someone, he gets another hack. two hacks is required to modify a body's role.

added the Traitor role/alignment

the traitor is an innocent, but works for the mafia. they have access to the mafia list, but the mafia doesn't know who they are. the traitor only wins with a mafia victory. its goal is to deflect suspicion from members of the mafia and cause confusion.

also added the Jester role, adapted from the clown, and moved the clown into more clear joke role territory, having a chance to transform from the jester if it appears.

the jester is a cut-down clown who wins by being killed. they do not have a gun, a horn, two lives, or a push ability. they must be killed through their own ability to bring suspicion upon themself.

the jester is a cut-down clown who wins by being killed. they do not have a gun, a horn, two lives, or a push ability. they must be killed through their own ability to bring suspicion upon themself.
so basically say "i'm mafia", (so innocents kill you) claim to be a power role, (so mafia kills you) or start randomly accusing everyone of being mafia (so everyone kills you)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:01:10 PM by The Resonte! »

so basically say "i'm mafia", (so innocents kill you) claim to be a power role, (so mafia kills you) or start randomly accusing everyone of being mafia (so everyone kills you)
not necessarily. if the other players are clever, they'll know a jester is present, and think twice about their suspicions. if someone is too obviously trying to incriminate themself, people will probably assume they're a jester. if you claim to be a powerful role, the innocents can easily disprove that, and again, deduce that you're probably a jester. in addition, i don't think anyone has ever taken a maf claim seriously except as a joke, and if someone does when a jester is present, i'm sure most people would agree that it would be a silly move to execute.

it's something the metagame is going to have to adapt to, but i think now that it's not an overtly annoying role to have in the game, it can be taken more seriously.

not necessarily. if the other players are clever, they'll know a jester is present, and think twice about their suspicions. if someone is too obviously trying to incriminate themself, people will probably assume they're a jester. if you claim to be a powerful role, the innocents can easily disprove that, and again, deduce that you're probably a jester. in addition, i don't think anyone has ever taken a maf claim seriously except as a joke, and if someone does when a jester is present, i'm sure most people would agree that it would be a silly move to execute.
very good points

i hope that is what happens

hosting again!!!

removed the traitor from default role distribution; it ended up just being confusing. MM isn't a good game for that kind of role
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:54:01 AM by otto-san »

hows this look

included in otto DLC pack

only 9,99$!!!!

or get season pass 4 future updates only 99,99$!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:54:05 AM by Khain »

I think adding map rotation would be a great thing.

this gun's grip could do with being a bit wider

ya gytyftydgdrjnfdbrna i fixed it now dont worry

its fine

where's the clown mask khain
where's the flame thrower khain

khain

I think adding map rotation would be a great thing.
I DON'T!!!!!!!!! NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbh mm is kinda designed for the pyramid in some ways, and aside from that, the metagame is certainly centred around it. level design is pretty important; you can't just use some random map.

hostin tho