Blockland Glass Development

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Development  (Read 25213 times)

Neat thing you have going on guys! Also, I was wondering whether you were planning to add an option for adding more authors when you upload a file?

Ctrl M on the main menu doesn't seem to do anything

Ctrl M on the main menu doesn't seem to do anything

Enter echo(BLG.version); and post what the result is.

Neat thing you have going on guys! Also, I was wondering whether you were planning to add an option for adding more authors when you upload a file?
Thanks! Yeah, I can try to fit that in.

Lines like this aren't flagged as dangerous:

Code: [Select]
%p.schedule(1900, delete);
DC4F/Nullable/teozrk/whatever his name is was working on the new automated system, I'm not sure how that's going. I'll check up with him when I get a chance.

When I do have the time to sit down and do some work, I can get a lot done at once. I'm just short of time during majority of the fall.

Although I've been short on free time, a few people have left comments or messaged me interested about the site end of things. As I've said before, I'm intending to modernize the site with a full reskin. So, I've decided to put my foot in the door on that and start up the new site development, open source. I've set up a sub-domain, test.blocklandglass.com, which reflects a new GitHub repository.

If you're at all interested in web development and would like to contribute to the project, feel free. This isn't necessarily a priority, so it's not going to take precedence over the features I've previously planned on implementing, but at least it's a start.

Looks really cool!  I have been working a bit with html 5 boilerplate too, I would love to contribute.  I don't know how much help I will be since I am still getting up to date with php, but I'll definitely stay tuned.

The test site looks cool but I feel like the text is larger than it has to be. You could fit a lot more in there by making it smaller imo.

So, I've realized that I actually have plenty of time for web development. The new site is, in my opinion, coming along quite nicely. If you haven't checked it out in the past day or two, I recommend that you do. And look at the builds section! Some pretty cool work, thanks to Nexus.

Security Patch 1 (development branch)

Accidentally found a problem when I was tracking down a bug, it's pretty important. Instead of opening a new branch for the fix, I just included the few changes that were already on the development branch in to this update. The security fix should be implemented in to the stable branch tomorrow.

Change log:
  • Testing a fix for a flaw recently discovered in one of the supporting files.
  • A few minor changes that aren't significant enough to remember.
  • A font downloader to dynamically install fonts from a repository. Planning to expand this later, but it's hard-coded to fetch from the Glass repository. When the new site is out, I plan on retouching the add-on's GUI to be at least similar in style, which includes font.

1.0.2 (stable)

• Official fix for yesterday's bug

DC4F/Nullable/teozrk/whatever his name is was working on the new automated system, I'm not sure how that's going. I'll check up with him when I get a chance.
Didn't see the new topic, oops. Anyway, I got a bit busy since I moved away and started uni, but I should have some more time to work on this stuff now.

In theory it should be working-ish at the moment, but the blacklist isn't very extensive. You can see it and try it out for yourself on GitHub, and I'll throw up a website where people can play around with it later today.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:29:48 PM by DontCare4Free »

all I'l say is that the build preview is amazing, but you should try using it with a really giant build to see how laggy it is for users.
maybe have a picture of the build, and if you click the picture it pulls up the 3d model, so it doesn't lag everything when you go onto different sites

Would you guys consider adding Bot and Playertype sub-categories to the add-ons section? I'd like to upload most of my stuff to your site, but 80% of what I have made are bots and playertypes lol.

Would you guys consider adding Bot and Playertype sub-categories to the add-ons section? I'd like to upload most of my stuff to your site, but 80% of what I have made are bots and playertypes lol.

We are planning on reworking the categories when the new site is ready, for now server scripts is probably as good a place as any to upload those.

all I'l say is that the build preview is amazing, but you should try using it with a really giant build to see how laggy it is for users.
maybe have a picture of the build, and if you click the picture it pulls up the 3d model, so it doesn't lag everything when you go onto different sites

Yeah, web browser based rendering can't really handle more than around 4-5k bricks, it will definitely not be embedded on every build page.  We will likely have a link to "preview this build in your browser" that takes you to a separate page.  You can preview your own builds in the build preview currently by hitting the escape key and browsing for a .bls file on your computer to preview.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:06:35 PM by Nexus »

• Authentication data is now URL encoded, fixing registration issues for users with spaces in their names
  • TCPClient v10 isn't backwards compatible, now giving lines that are escaped one level more. This led to all API calls not working. This has been fixed.
  • Glass is now less invasive to Support_Updater, allowing it to function entirely normally, just not displaying the GUI

Wow some real progress has definitely been made from two months ago!

We finally have a true replacement for RTB! Too bad BRV went under...then again I lost all the vectors due to incident with the computer acting strange.
Will Blockland Glass also have theming or will it take the theme of whatever your BL theme is?
It uses whatever theme your BL uses, cool!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:17:20 AM by ZERØ »