Gay Man Pulled From Home, Beaten By NYPD Officers Yelling “friend”

Author Topic: Gay Man Pulled From Home, Beaten By NYPD Officers Yelling “friend”  (Read 8648 times)

what could they have arrested him for though?
Drawing a weapon, trying to run away past them, threatening them. There's plenty of things he could have done, and until we have the full picture we won't know.

Resisting arrest
the ultimate conundrum
Drawing a weapon, trying to run away past them, threatening them. There's plenty of things he could have done, and until we have the full picture we won't know.
why would he try to run, draw a weapon, or threaten them over a noise complaint?
from the article we could tell that he wanted to stay on the other side of the door.

According to the information we have so far, though, they didn't have any reason to pull him from his house in the first place. He would have had to have made an aggressive first step against the officers first in order to justify them pulling him out. So far, there has been no mentions of him making any actions to warrant that.

why would he try to run, draw a weapon, or threaten them over a noise complaint?
from the article we could tell that he wanted to stay on the other side of the door.
why would the police throw him out of his own house? it's like you aren't listening, we don't know what's happened yet.
here's a convenient timeline of what we know for certain

1. a noise complaint is filed
2. police arrive, confront guy
3. fight breaks out, for reasons unknown

That is literally it. let's wait to here from a few other witnesses or the police involved before we automatically decide that one party or the other is in the wrong. Was this a case of police brutality? I don't know, and neither do you.

According to the information we have so far, though, they didn't have any reason to pull him from his house in the first place. He would have had to have made an aggressive first step against the officers first in order to justify them pulling him out. So far, there has been no mentions of him making any actions to warrant that.
Correction, we don't know the reason to pull him from his house. I have some extreme doubts that 4 police officers decided at once to commit some hate crimes just for the hell of it.

why would the police throw him out of his own house? it's like you aren't listening, we don't know what's happened yet.
If he was armed, threatening or running he would've been arrested. He wasn't charged with anything so there's only so much to gather from that fact.
here's a convenient timeline of what we know for certain

1. a noise complaint is filed
2. police arrive, confront guy
3. fight breaks out, for reasons unknown

That is literally it. let's wait to here from a few other witnesses or the police involved before we automatically decide that one party or the other is in the wrong. Was this a case of police brutality? I don't know, and neither do you.
Except I didn't make a claim as to who was right or wrong? If some more evidence shows up I'll change my mind or not based on what it is but for now it's okay to discuss what happened as we know it so far.

was this not posted for discussion or do you want us to wait for the full story to talk?

If he was armed, threatening or running he would've been arrested. He wasn't charged with anything so there's only so much to gather from that fact.
Fair enough.

Except I didn't make a claim as to who was right or wrong? If some more evidence shows up I'll change my mind or not based on what it is but for now it's okay to discuss what happened as we know it so far.

was this not posted for discussion or do you want us to wait for the full story to talk?
It's pretty clear that you think the police are in the wrong as of now. If I'm wrong about that my mistake, sorry. I'm still of the opinion that it's too early to say. I posted the video because at that point nobody else had posted it and the thread was going in the direction of a general "police are bad/not they aren't" argument without addressing the topic at hand. My point when I posted it was that it was too early to say what happened, and that we shouldn't be making a big deal of anything right now.

It's pretty clear that you think the police are in the wrong as of now.
It looks like that given what information we have now.
I'm still of the opinion that it's too early to say. I posted the video because at that point nobody else had posted it and the thread was going in the direction of a general "police are bad/not they aren't" argument without addressing the topic at hand. My point when I posted it was that it was too early to say what happened, and that we shouldn't be making a big deal of anything right now.
I doubt there's going to be a police report seeing as there was no arrest.

Only way I could see some info is if one of the cops give their view of the story or if the man wins the lawsuit, which will probably be way after this thread is old news.

you're generalizing all police, don't do that lol.
generalize a lot of good people just because of a few bad eggs?
its perfectly ok to have a distrust for police after seeing so many instances of police brutality.

also the good cops you are mentioning are the same ones standing by letting all this stuff happen in their departments.

I have zero reason to believe this guy's story.

I think 4 cops is a little over the top to subdue someone, and that's what makes it suspicious for me

Lol.  How the forget would the cops know he's a homo?  The media's probably over-sensationalizing and skewing news to fit whatever agenda that would spark controversy again.

I think 4 cops is a little over the top to subdue someone, and that's what makes it suspicious for me
This

For a noise complaint they usually only send 1

In smaller communities it's one officer or car per designated area. Some larger cities will have two officers per car, especially in area considered hazardous.

For all we know there could have been one or two officers and they called for back up due to the area or the fact the guy wasn't being compliant and presented a possible danger for one man to handle.

Gotta do your research man and think.

Lol.  How the forget would the cops know he's a homo?  The media's probably over-sensationalizing and skewing news to fit whatever agenda that would spark controversy again.

Probably this.

Or NYC has criminalized gays :cookieMonster:

In smaller communities it's one officer or car per designated area. Some larger cities will have two officers per car, especially in area considered hazardous.

For all we know there could have been one or two officers and they called for back up due to the area or the fact the guy wasn't being compliant and presented a possible danger for one man to handle.

Gotta do your research man and think.

I wasn't aware the area he was in could've been considered hazardous