Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291233 times)

in addition to Glass Live never authenticating, im like 100% sure Blockland Glass is causing my alt key to "stick" ingame when i alt-tab to a different window, i have to press alt again when i get back in-game or anything i do acts like im holding alt down
A few hundred users use Glass Live every day and I haven't heard once of an authentication issue since we fixed special characters, you may want to check your firewall and ensure that Blockland is able to access api.blocklandglass.com, vps.blocklandglass.com, and port 27002. Glass Live was briefly offline yesterday and I wasn't able to fix it for a short period of time because I'm out of the country, but that was the first downtime we've had in 4 months.

I'm not sure if the alt-tab issue is a bug that an add-on would even be able to cause as that is definitely an engine-level issue. That occurs on default installations on both of my devices, so I can't trace to problem back to Glass and it's very unlikely Glass is causing it.

So is it just me, or does it look like the "Loading Addons" bar doesn't progress? The game loads fine if I let the BL window be, but the loading addons and music bar doesn't fill up. It's just static.

EDIT: The loading datablocks and objects are fine.

As of noticing this on 6/13/2017: You patched up the fix. Thank you!
The Glass loading gui just takes the default loading bar and moves it in to our window. The engine is usually too busy interpreting and running add-on scripts to update GUI and draw a frame during add-on execution since TGE is single-threaded, so it's really hit-or-miss based on CPU performance and the add-ons loading whether the progress bar changes at all.

Just had a thought. What if Support_Preferences had support for client-sided prefs? There could be a whole separate menu accessable through the options screen that lets you change settings of client mods that utilize it. That way every client mod that wanted to be configurable wouldn't have to make their own options menu.

I have a simple client mod that's just sitting in my files that could make full use of this. because im lazy and dont want to make a gui
Not a bad idea, we may implement this in the future.

A few hundred users use Glass Live every day and I haven't heard once of an authentication issue since we fixed special characters, you may want to check your firewall and ensure that Blockland is able to access api.blocklandglass.com, vps.blocklandglass.com, and port 27002. Glass Live was briefly offline yesterday and I wasn't able to fix it for a short period of time because I'm out of the country, but that was the first downtime we've had in 4 months.
Alright, ill give that a shot. The entire time ive had glass its always been unable to connect to it so maybe thats the problem.

i cant delete screenshots for my addon
im on chrome if that helps

I've finally decided to grab blockland glass and move on from RTB, and it's pretty good.
I do however have a suggestion for improving glass in a later update.

The "My Addons" section of the mod manager should be improved and organized better.
As it is now, it looks more like the default addons management system we had back in V20.
I suggest re-designing it and adding in the same addon categories you use with the "Boards"
section of the mod manager.

What is up with the Glass servers?

Cant connect

heavy bro is posting murder vids

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 12:40:51 PM by Verification »

can u maybe blur out the end part of that link or something

can u maybe blur out the end part of that link or something
are you saying you would manually type out that link
but ok

Aiming to have 4.1 beta out within a week. Notable changes are a revamped preference system (either less buggy or more buggy, we're clearly not very good with these things), a graphs system, and a load of small tweaks and bug fixes. Truth be told, we somewhat forgot what's been changed because there was a ~4 month break in development where most of the features were done before then.

either less buggy or more buggy
I didn't realize gambling could be applied to software updates

I didn't realize gambling could be applied to software updates

It always appears bug-free on our end before we push an update (otherwise we wouldn't release it), but that always seems to be received different. I want to run the 4.1 beta for longer for the sole purpose of rigorous testing of the new preferences. I was moreso just making a joke about how nearly every update we've released since preferences has claimed to "fix" them and yet users continue to experience problems, I'm not going to mindfully release something broken.

Five months later,

4.1.0 Beta 1 is out!

Changes:
  • Added a "Graphs" section to the server control gui
  • Preferences v2, a (presumably) cleaner system with direct registration
  • Improved loading system for preferences (no more "outdated" issues)
  • Manual is now synced online
  • Added a few forms of notification spam protection - rate limiting, compression of DMs
  • Added buttons to GUIs that expected you to press enter
  • Custom loading screens can now hide the Glass window
  • A TON of small changes and bug fixes

The big ticket item of this update really is preferences. Please focus any testing on preferences, I really want to have a good and done system.

Download Here

You'll automatically find yourself in the "quality assurance" chatroom. Please feel free to reach out to any of the developers if you have any bugs or suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:59:09 PM by Scout31 »