Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 299174 times)

Well, the pause just gets bigger depending on how many add-ons are in there. Nothing specific seems to be interfering.
Sounds like an add-on is looping through all of the files in your add-ons folder(which can cause Blockland to freeze for a bit).

Thanks for the extra information. That helped me find the problem, which is with the updater - I'll put out a fix shortly.

edit: Scout, the problem is with Port's JSON library. It can't handle loading large amounts of information. Is he still around?

Code: [Select]
//Parses the local repository file that was downloaded from the server.
//Any updates are placed in the UpdaterFileDownloadHandlerSG.
//@param FileObject fo A FileObject used for reading the file.
//@return bool Whether parsing was successful.
function UpdaterRepoSO::parseLocal(%this, %fo)
{
if(!isFile(%this.cacheFile))
return 0;
if(%this.format $= "TML")
{
//snip
}
else if(%this.format $= "JSON")
{
%startTime = getRealTime();
%json = loadJSON(%this.cacheFile, "", %fo);
%endTime = getRealTime();
echo("IT TOOK " @ %endTime - %startTime @ "ms TO DO");
//snip
}
}

edit2: This is a link to the file: file
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:05:49 PM by Greek2me »

He's.. Semi-around? He did release the second iteration of Jettison, with the issue being that it used the same namespaces and was not backwards compatible. We could try adopting the project and using new namespaces? Though before we do that we may want to make sure the new system can read large bits speedily so we're not wasting our time.

EDIT: Just checked the repo, looks like he went back and changed the namespaces about a month ago.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:59:07 PM by Scout31 »

EDIT: Just checked the repo, looks like he went back and changed the namespaces about a month ago.

Perfect. I'll look at implementing that tomorrow. In the meantime, maybe you could use the wildcard channel (*) instead of having three identical channels listed for every add-on in the repository. It would cut down the file size by around sixty percent.

I've made some aesthetic changes to the site, as well as added an exclamation point to let reviewers know when there's work to be done.

I'm also experimenting with push notifications:

If I move forward with the notifications, I'd certainly make it an open system so that other services could push notifications, such as your hosting service to let you know your server just crashed or needs an update or something.

I've needed this so much in my life

rip RTB, but good lord sir this will be mighty dandy as well

Well. I guess failing add-ons doesn't work.

I've tried to download an addon through the menu, but nothing really happens... Here's a gif, if it helps:

Any ideas?

I've tried to download an addon through the menu, but nothing really happens... Here's a gif, if it helps:

-snip-

Any ideas?

Oh nevermind, it did install these bricks. It should check whether you have these bricks or not... or at least say a "Thank you for downloading!" message to confirm the download.

Well. I guess failing add-ons doesn't work.
It does now.

Oh nevermind, it did install these bricks. It should check whether you have these bricks or not... or at least say a "Thank you for downloading!" message to confirm the download.

Whenever I try to upload an add on that I've created, the website says "File uploads disabled, migrating to new site" - is that supposed to happen?

What version of glass is that?

Glass 2

Whenever I try to upload an add on that I've created, the website says "File uploads disabled, migrating to new site" - is that supposed to happen?

Yes, upload it at test.blocklandglass.com

Glass 2
when will this be available?

Also, is it possible we can get a plugin with Glass that allows us to see who's in a server from the server browser like RTB?

Theres a bug that prevents me from creating a server. I was wondering if you could fix this in the future.