Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 295668 times)

Bug - every addon is by Jincux and Nexus when pulled up in the larger addon viewer/downloader thingy

Fixed, thanks.

While transitioning sites I looked at the statistics collected by Glass and I was honestly shocked.

There's been 48,548 add-on downloads as of the start of this post. 21% of those downloads are old RTB content, and 7% of those are updates, leaving 34,433 downloads of unique content on the old site alone. Over the past 30 days, 653 unique BLIDs have reported using an up-to-date version of Glass. Of all accounts, 321 are registered and verified on the website.

I got the bill for the blocklandglass.com url renewal about a week ago, so based on the fact that the site opened a year ago, that's an average of 133 downloads per day.

That's about 5 times the downloads and 3-4 times the userbase I expected. This is certainly a big motivator to continue working on Glass 2.

kalphiter is probably really jealous at this point

Fixed, thanks.

While transitioning sites I looked at the statistics collected by Glass and I was honestly shocked.

There's been 48,548 add-on downloads as of the start of this post. 21% of those downloads are old RTB content, and 7% of those are updates, leaving 34,433 downloads of unique content on the old site alone. Over the past 30 days, 653 unique BLIDs have reported using an up-to-date version of Glass. Of all accounts, 321 are registered and verified on the website.

thats pretty insane
it would be amazing if glass got as popular as RTB. i'd like to see that happen

kalphiter is probably really jealous at this point
some say he still plays Blockland
some say he's still lurking on the forums right now ;)

who is kalphiter?

Now we're on Alpha 4. I feel like daily releases are a bit much, but I'm really trying to churn this out by the end of the month.

Notable changes:
  • Comments
    You can now leave a comment from in-game. Unlike Glass 1, you don't need a registered Glass account
  • Ratings
    Ratings now work on the site and show correctly ingame. Unfortunately, I won't be able to move in the ratings from the old site as the formats aren't compatible. You can't rate ingame yet, that'll be next
  • Redesigned Boards View
    The last one was ugly. This one is less ugly.
  • Search
    One of the big goals of Glass 2, you can now search in-game. It'll get a little more complex after I implement tags

Probably some more smaller tweaks I forgot about. I'm not going to throw in the disclaimer this time that the alpha is unstable as I honestly believe that it's stable. That being said, we're still subject to bugs. I'm really looking for some feedback. Please let me know what you like, don't like, want to see added, etc.

The next release will likely be our first beta. There isn't much left to incorporate ingame other than the tags system and just cleaning up.

Direct Download
Page on Blockland Glass

Looks much better, the other grid view seemed like kind of a waste of space and this one is much more navigable.

every time i open blockland it says i need to update this addon (blockland glasss) so i do then next time i open same thing happens

EDIT: its working now

do you plain on added in were you can change stuff with the server like how you could with RTB?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:39:26 PM by nuketf »

do you plain on added in were you can change stuff with the server like how you could with RTB?
you can set a keybind for it in controls
its the same thing as rtb mostly

I need help, my BlocklandGlass System has an empty Preferences Tab, it's just so useless with that bug.. any help?!

My Server Preferences arent working. It's not showing up and is showing the default Blockland server preferences. Can someone help me?

A bug transitioning sites cause Preferences to update to a new version incompatible with Glass 1. You can download the alpha a few posts up and that should work fine.

A bug transitioning sites cause Preferences to update to a new version incompatible with Glass 1. You can download the alpha a few posts up and that should work fine.

So just replace the old file with the new one?

Mine still has an empty preferences tab :'( please help!