Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 295558 times)

Beta 2.1 is out. Beta 2 had a bug so we skipped to 2.1. Just some minor work on preferences. You can now right-click notifications to dismiss them. Better error handling. Thanks for all those that have reported bugs.

To all of those experiencing issues with preferences, ensure that you're opening the Glass preference gui and not the oRBs/RTB preferences. I've thoroughly tested preferences and they appear to be working fine.

What version is your client?
What version is your server?
Is it dedicated?
Is it LAN?
Is it singleplayer?
Do you have RTB/oRBs?
My BlocklandGlass's version is 2.0.0 Beta 1
I have no idea what is the version of my server
it's not dedicated
it's not LAN nor Singeplayer
I had System_RTB and i removed it but the "Use RTB" CheckBox is still there.

My Preferences has only BL Settings now and TimeBomb Settings in the Admin Chat Tab

What version are you running? Which pref?

Never mind what I said.  I screwed something up.

I noticed that there is some console spam when searching anything in the beta version.
Also, the comments parse ML tags. So, if I put in <color:ffffff>, it will make the following text white. It also parses font tags, so that's not good

Very good overall progress, though

Now Beta 3 is out.

Notable changes:
  • Preferences
    They were pissing me off, so I redid them from scratch. Again. I'm more sure than ever that they work now.
  • RTB Archive
    The archive is now accessible in-game to an extent. Fully making it accessible would essentially require a whole second api that worked with the RTB data structure instead, and I'm not sure if that's worth the investment.

I noticed that there is some console spam when searching anything in the beta version.
Also, the comments parse ML tags. So, if I put in <color:ffffff>, it will make the following text white. It also parses font tags, so that's not good

Very good overall progress, though
Thanks, I'll get that in the next one.

Didn't want to double post. Beta 4 is out, and I expect it to be the last. I've finished up server settings, and they work beautifully compared to before. Clients now connect to the notification server immediately and stay connected. You won't see the impacts of this until some work on the site is done. All the debug was removed from the console, and some old code was removed/cleaned up. If there's anything at all that looks broken, please inform me.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:52:28 PM by Scout31 »

Glass 2 has been released!

A year after the beginning of this venture, I'm proud to announce Glass 2. Everything has been rebuilt from the ground up, allowing for a framework that will make future expansion much easier. We have a whole new design and simpler setup. We have a brand new preference back end. We have a whole new notifications framework that we can't wait to fill out.

Before we entirely dismiss Glass 1, here are the final statistics from out first year of use: 1,565 total users accumulating 24,760 web downloads and 10,177 in-game downloads through our mod manager. On top of that, 3598 updates were delivered; however, updates have been delivered by the Glass 2 site for quite some time now, so this is inaccurate. Our archive has also delivered 11,241 old RTB add-ons. This sums together to be 49,776 files delivered in just one year. We've seen 525,618 unique sessions, aka game starts with Glass 1.

All of this is absolutely outstanding. We're greatful to have such widespread adoption and we're glad that we've been able to deliver so much content!

The old Glass site has been shut down and everyone should be promptly receiving an update!

I liked the aesthetic of the old Blockland Glass website because it felt like I was still on RTB. But you know what they say, out with the old and in with the new.

I'm amazed at how fast you're progressing. You've done a really nice job and I'm happy it's going well.

So can anyone tell me why my Server Preferences are still not loading?

Add-on dependencies are back on the new site. My focus is now going to be on rounding out the site, and then there'll be a relatively small Glass update incorporating all of those features, but that may for a week or so.

So can anyone tell me why my Server Preferences are still not loading?
From your console log, they appear to be loading fine. Are you sure that you're opening the Glass preference GUI and not the RTB/oRBs? Sorry, if that's a stupid question but it occurs often.

Mine is still not loading either... This is seriously weird..

Mine sorta loads, but opening the "Colorsets" tab crashes my game. Also, it often loses connection and boots you out of an add-on page if it can't load images or comments (I think).

Mine sorta loads, but opening the "Colorsets" tab crashes my game. Also, it often loses connection and boots you out of an add-on page if it can't load images or comments (I think).
The colorset tab could cause a lot of lag that's perceived as a crash if you have a lot of colorsets, I'll see if theres a way for me to optimize it. I'm unable to replicate losing connection or booting out of an add-on page, is there any specific add-on(s) this is happening with?

Mine is still not loading either... This is seriously weird..
I've discovered there was a bug with the repository and that the wrong version of preferences were being distributed. It's been fixed, just restart Blockland.

i love how you are doing this! RTB was very very uesful when it was active! (i loved it..loved the General chat..loved the friend-list!(will you be added that in? :P)) blockland glass will be very helpful!