Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 292748 times)

Just reading the firewall's reasoning doesn't seem to make sense. The site is blocked because it's getting too much traffic for how recently it was registered? I've had the domain for about 6 months, and I'm fairly certain that the pickup in traffic doesn't even come close to other perfectly legitimate sites. It also seems to think that you're connecting directly to an IP address, and not a domain. Maybe the firewall got spooked out that the site is for file hosting, that's my best guess, but the displayed reason doesn't make any sense.

The public wifi on campus for me uses the same firewall actually. It's funny, the site was fine until I added the ability to post comments. At that same exact moment (I was working on it using the campus wifi), the website was blocked for being an online forum. Hooray for government.

Just reading the firewall's reasoning doesn't seem to make sense. The site is blocked because it's getting too much traffic for how recently it was registered? I've had the domain for about 6 months, and I'm fairly certain that the pickup in traffic doesn't even come close to other perfectly legitimate sites. It also seems to think that you're connecting directly to an IP address, and not a domain. Maybe the firewall got spooked out that the site is for file hosting, that's my best guess, but the displayed reason doesn't make any sense.

The public wifi on campus for me uses the same firewall actually. It's funny, the site was fine until I added the ability to post comments. At that same exact moment (I was working on it using the campus wifi), the website was blocked for being an online forum. Hooray for government.
I can connect to blocklandglass.com correctly, so that isn't the problem

The old site used Javascript to redirect you to the downloads while the new one uses direct links. It's likely that the filter just found something in the new one that wasn't as obvious as the old one.

The old site used Javascript to redirect you to the downloads while the new one uses direct links. It's likely that the filter just found something in the new one that wasn't as obvious as the old one.
I review addons at school during lunch, so if you discontinue the current site, I can't do as much reviewing as I can now.

• Authentication data is now URL encoded, fixing registration issues for users with spaces in their names
  • TCPClient v10 isn't backwards compatible, now giving lines that are escaped one level more. This led to all API calls not working. This has been fixed.
  • Glass is now less invasive to Support_Updater, allowing it to function entirely normally, just not displaying the GUI

All of the following should have been addressed:
Try to update, crash. Try to decline update, says the update is mandatory.
Infiniteloop + mandatory updating = uninstall :\
It's not actually crashing, the game is just locking up for the duration of the download. Because of Support_Updater changing the name of queue to fileDownloader, the progress bar was trying to reflect a value that didn't exist.

You didn't say what was wrong with mine
Ever since I updated last I get these messages in the console every couple minutes.
Both issues pertainined to the increased escape level.

what I actually thought: a mod that adds glass for the windows. How it came out: for RTB. kk

I have a few Issues with Glass that bug me.

First, why is the Clean Modern Ui that Support_Updater uses replaced with an old style window, I thought we where supposed to move forward to the new style set by Badspot not go backwards to the default torque window...also Zeblote don't take this the wrong way but I know you have bias against the new style Ui but please do not force your bias into Blockland Glass, just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

Second, I may have found a bug, I can see gamemodes in the colorset section and I can literally set a gamemode as a colorset, it just goes back to the default though.

Other than that everything is great, I can't wait for a new pref manager!

The reason you can set a game mode for a color set is because game modes contain a colorset.txt file that they use.

And I agree with Zeblote the new UI looks kinda bad and it needlessly takes up the entire screen.

Any add-on with a colorset.txt file is displayed as a colorset option.

I remade the GUI for continuity of style within Glass, since it appears a few users didn't know Support_Updater existed independently. You still have the option to re-enable the default GUI's.

First, why is the Clean Modern Ui that Support_Updater uses replaced with an old style window,
Because the "clean modern" style looks like stuff. It looks like "I don't have time let's just roll with this".

If that style was implemented through-out the game, of course I'd adhere to it. However, it's only used in one or two places.

Seems like the test site works now.

I'm still opposed to your updater UI as it's nowhere near completion. Add all the features of the default one, then replace it.

Don't replace the support_updater GUI as yours is just a unfinished mess.

Because the "clean modern" style looks like stuff. It looks like "I don't have time let's just roll with this".
Really? How do 3D Gradients and buttons look good? The "I don't have time lets roll with this" is kind of a lame excuse, flat modern things are not exactly easy to do, many people think its just making flat square everywhere but its not, AA is very important when working on these flat designs, or else you end up with a jagged choppy mess, there are also certain rules of graphic design that if you don't follow you end up with something that looks like stuff.

See this article for what Flat Design actually is : http://www.creativebloq.com/graphic-design/what-flat-design-3132112
If you want to know about material design, that's basically flat with shadows : http://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html#

If it was half assed and looked ugly google would not have left the old 3d gradient based logo.

Also Badspot created the new Ui for a reason, and incase you didn't know Blockland doesn't really have a theme, the theme is has is actually the default Torque Game Engine Window.