Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291151 times)

Can you add a music area?

And clarify where faces and decals go?

Can you add a music area?
Jincux has said that he doesn't want to deal with people violating copyright by uploading music so he left it out.

And clarify where faces and decals go?
Put them in prints for now. There will be a proper section for it when the new website design is out.

Put them in prints for now. There will be a proper section for it when the new website design is out.
Ok

As for music, why does it matter? We can just fail bin them like badspot does here.

If it was half assed and looked ugly google would not have left the old 3d gradient based logo.

I'm not saying modern ui in general is bad, not at all. I think it looks great if done right. But the one badspot came up with is... eh. Unfinished. Not given much thought maybe.

Drag this in a new tab and see just how unnecessarily huge it is. This looks like it was designed for a 8" screen. Make it a little bit larger and I can use it on my phone. Are you really comparing the google logo to this?

Also Badspot created the new Ui for a reason, and incase you didn't know Blockland doesn't really have a theme, the theme is has is actually the default Torque Game Engine Window.

There's no reason to follow a new theme if it isn't also much better than the last one.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:26:23 PM by Zeblote »

As for music, why does it matter? We can just fail bin them like badspot does here.
Liability. Plus, moderation takes time.

Liability. Plus, moderation takes time.
What if you appoint a mod for just that?

I could do it

What if you appoint a mod for just that?

I could do it
He would be responsible if people started uploading copyrighted music. That's also why RTB didn't have a music section

I'm not saying modern ui in general is bad, not at all. I think it looks great if done right. But the one badspot came up with is... eh. Unfinished. Not given much thought maybe.

[im with=1000]http://i.imgur.com/CJctJ9k.png[/img]

Drag this in a new tab and see just how unnecessarily huge it is. This looks like it was designed for a 8" screen. Make it a little bit larger and I can use it on my phone. Are you really comparing the google logo to this?

There's no reason to follow a new theme if it isn't also much better than the last one.
I really don't see why big immediately means mobile, if their bigger their easier to hit, the big ratios are a billion times better than the small ratios and checks in the default window.The only thing that would be better is if each addon included an image of what it is because some have strange names like weapon_xrc108176 or vehicle_sp1097 (these don't exist BTW), excluding sounds and events of course.

Big text is really no problem on my side, we have had the main menu buttons be that big for years and nobody has ever complained about the buttons being big, and why does everything have to be in a window? Recently I have been working on something on my free time to modernize all the existing ui elements into the new style, but without a coder I'm not getting far.

The events screen is the hardest thing to design right now, but once I'm done designing it and make a mockup, it will be a new Blockland Experience.

Also the google logo was a comparison of how TGE's ancient ui still uses gradients and "3d" elements, I really don't want to keep this up, because this topic is about Glass not arguing about a graphical element.

Glass should not overwrite Support_updater 's Ui, and please consider a "modern mode" for glass.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:28:37 PM by ZERØ »

The ingame comment poster works, but you cannot post stuff with new lines.

While I agree that the default GUIs look pretty bad, I also feel like the new "modern" design looks bad on, as DC4F said, anything but a phone or tablet- which blockland doesn't run on.

I'll make a pass on the GUIs to modernize theme, adopting a similar style to the "modern" design, but I'm going to try to find some midpoint between that and a windowed design.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:24:23 AM by Scout31 »

The events screen is the hardest thing to design right now, but once I'm done designing it and make a mockup, it will be a new Blockland Experience.

Also the google logo was a comparison of how TGE's ancient ui still uses gradients and "3d" elements, I really don't want to keep this up, because this topic is about Glass not arguing about a graphical element.

The other design in blockland isn't good either. That event gui is a good example of bad design by someone who never uses his own product.

However, it's still better than blowing up all guis to fill the screen for no reason at all. I want blockland to have a modern theme, but... not like this.

The other design in blockland isn't good either. That event gui is a good example of bad design by someone who never uses his own product.

However, it's still better than blowing up all guis to fill the screen for no reason at all. I want blockland to have a modern theme, but... not like this.
There should be a choice to switch between a modern and oldschool style.

There should be a choice to switch between a modern and oldschool style.

I'd say throw both existing themes away and start over.

I'd say throw both existing themes away and start over.
Well, there are a lot of people who like the modern and oldstyle theme. Keep in mind that this is for multiple people, and should be adjusted accordingly.